Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Ouch. That couldn't have been intentional. Could it?
not really, the oath date is up to USCIS

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
who do you think they voted for?
If this is a genuinely serious question, this is textbook for what is wrong with this country .

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I know them by their words and actions. How else?
I have Muslim friends, most of them made after 911, because the churches partnered with the local Mosque to go shopping with perfectly lovely Muslim families because evil, nasty people were screaming at them at Walmart and the grocery store. I know Muslim families by their words and actions too, and I'm proud to call them my friends.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM

703 posts, read 2,942,970 times
What about Wouldn't a background check on these two murderers may have prevented them from getting the guns that killed one police officers and wounded another?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
How in hell did the 19 year-old get away?
Maybe he is in the sewer. He could be in a house holding someone hostage . Hiding in a shed. Hiding under bushes. could be many places to hide and he may have slipped out of the area.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
If you look beyond the out-of-context snippets, those quotes were hypothetical, asking the question of who could be behind this. The list included other groups too. But I understand the need to appear picked on.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Maybe he is in the sewer. He could be in a house holding someone hostage . Hiding in a shed. Hiding under bushes. could be many places to hide and he may have slipped out of the area.
The main thing is, he probably can't do much more damage. He can't go back to his base, wherever that was. He's certainly still armed, but likely short on ammunition. He may be wired to go boom, but with the streets cleared and most people alerted, he's not likely to find a big target. I hope.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,199 times
Press conference just started, tune in!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Something that I've wanted to say since the first pictures and video of where published. While I'm no BSU profiler like Special Agent Aaron Hotchner (for you fellow Criminal Minds fans) I was struck by the body language of the two now identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar Tsasnaev.

Tamerlan on the walked to the targeted area with seem firm determination while his younger brother lagged behind, standing next to each other the older brother looks far more confident and self assured and his younger brother with that sort of what am I doing here and just plain goofy expression and hat turned backwards. So I won't be surprised that it was the older brother by seven years who talked his younger sibling into this or who was the one who tried to stand his ground with the Boston PD. One adult loser (as described by his uncle, and too admiring younger brother). Frankly at the end of the day, I suspect that damaged personalities had more to do with this than their religion (of course that could be argued about almost anyone who perpetrates such acts of violence).

Time for a commercial break.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Tamerlan on the walked to the targeted area with seem firm determination while his younger brother lagged behind, standing next to each other the older brother looks far more confident and self assured and his younger brother with that sort of what am I doing here and just plain goofy expression and hat turned backwards. So I won't be surprised that it was the older brother by seven years who talked his younger sibling into this or who was the one who tried to stand his ground with the Boston PD. One adult loser (as described by his uncle, and too admiring younger brother). Frankly at the end of the day, I suspect that damaged personalities had more to do with this than their religion (of course that could be argued about almost anyone who perpetrates such acts of violence).

I think this makes a good deal of sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies