Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 08:11 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Was he convicted or only charged?

What I read was they investigated him and didn't find anything. They probably get tons of crap leads a year, and if they don't pan out, they just get added to a list?
I dont know. If he was convicted, that offense would have made him deportable. Maybe charges were dropped and thatbis why he had to wait five years after the arrest to apply for naturalization.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:12 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
First really good news out of this case. Killed the one SOB that we might otherwise have to pay to try and keep in prison, and added another murder count to his list. Too bad he didn't have the stones to kill himself.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes - although I think that not Mirandizing him is sound, it will definitely be challenged by his attorney later and might endanger the prosecution of White Hat.

That is what these people like BeenHere4Ever who claim that upholding rights of defendants is "coddling criminals" don't understand.

Ensuring that their rights are protected achieves justice because it will ideally prevent an innocent person from being convicted and keep a guilty person from being acquitted on a technicality.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Actually there were several choices - one whom was named Mitt Romney.
Romney

Where did you hear that the white hat voted for Obama?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:16 PM

Just found out: suspect #1 did apply for citizenship. DHS sent the application to further review due to the FBI inquiry. They did not allow him to take the oath with the rest of the family. He was never convicted for the domestic violence charge.

FBI had him on his radar bad enough to tell DHS to stop him from becoming an american. Weird.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Anyone who spent any time listening to the live scanner feed can't possibly believe that there was anything but a lot of guessing occurring behind the scenes.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
This is going to irk some Americans. If I were KING - I would show the nation what real power and fearlessness is. I would grant mercy and grace to this stupid young man. I would set an example for the rest the the world to see...That America is truly great and a nation to be emulated. Look at those barbaric Saudis with all of their material oil wealth- chopping of the heads and hands of supposed offenders.....WE are better than they...we are not a wealthy empire of barbarians and cruel sadists. LOVE your enemy and through that vanquish him.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM

I have a son and I am fighting every maternal instinct not to sympathize with suspect no. 2, but then I remember they killed an 8 year old child, and I think, hell no. He has to pay.

It is awful... He is basically a kid, and he killed an 8 year old.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
I don't care who you are, that's some funny stuff.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:27 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
I think the FBI needs to explain why the stop following him and why ICE did not send him back home when he got convicted for dv. They had 2 chances.
I have no idea what the situation is, so I'm just asking questions and trying to sort it out. Was he convicted of anything with the DV thing? If there was an arrest but no conviction, I don't know if you can deport someone or not, because without a conviction you're not legally guilty of anything.

The other issue is the investigation by the FBI--if he wasn't doing anything inappropriate two years ago, then I can see where an investigation would be dropped, although I don't agree with that logic once concerns had been raised. Still--I'll be curious to see what comes out of the little brother when he's able to talk, because from the sounds of it he may not have had personal contact with other radicals in this country--he may have read and listened to radical clerics from abroad and planned this entirely on his own. How does LE track someone when they're not putting out any signals that they're up to something? Was he writing crazy things on websites or meeting with radicals? From what I've read so far it doesn't sound like it. It's not a crime or even dangerous to be really religious and a little nutty in this country--if that was the case they would have arrested Pat Robertson decades ago. He may have put out zero signals that he was planning something like this or that he was even dangerous. We'll have to see what comes out in the wash before we're quick to judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies