Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 08:15 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,779,038 times

Advertisements

And it was house Repubs that pushed through the Civil rights legislation too. Lets not forget that "little window" of Republican progress.

You libs flip flop across the aisle like gymnysts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh yes. That was during that little window when Republicans weren't the narrow-minded, prejudiced, nefarious little freaks they are today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think conservatism isn't this, they do not want to change and adapt or even see a need to change and values. Guess what, values come from Religion.

watch this documentary called Indoctrinate U
Indoctrinate U - YouTube

Conservatism waves have ALWAYS been grass routes. We have seen different waves whether it was the religious right, the tea parties or now the liberal conservatives (I would put myself in this group.) When I bash Obama, it is not bashed on religion it is based on the lies he has said and my dissatisfaction with the job he has done. EVEN BEFORE the Republicans got the house and slowed things down in the process.

What about MSNBC, they are worse than FNC when it comes to pressing views. Oh right, they "lean forward" which is a progressive/liberal idea. So of course they are fine...
Evan Coyne Maloney's documentary? Isn't he a Neo-Republican?

Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,779,038 times
So what if he is then your close minded intolerant arse dismisses his message out of hand to the point where you come back to comment on 2 minutes of a documentary a couple hours long. No cred at all

Quote:

Old 04-21-2013, 08:22 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Just because you happen to agree with his statement, doesn't make it true. Everything he said is unfounded and refutable.

Making broad, sweeping generalizations about the intelligence of millions Americans with a particular political ideology, should speak for itself - unintelligent and ignorant.

Conservatives are stupid as blacks are lazy.

Fair?
I never said I agreed with all of it, did I? So basically you're just assuming things, since you cannot imagine somebody would be objective enough to defend something with which they don't necessarily agree. Not to mention, he seemed to be speaking more of ideologies than individuals - so yes, I agree with you in that generalizing about an entire group of PEOPLE is incredibly stupid and unfair. Do the comments like "liberals are stupid and lacking in common sense" bother you too?

Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
So what if he is then your close minded intolerant arse dismisses his message out of hand to the point where you come back to comment on 2 minutes of a documentary a couple hours long. No cred at all
Um, what? I think maybe a college education (or at least a basic English class) would actually be a great idea for you! Maybe then we'd be able to decipher your posts, LOL.

(of course, I don't expect much from somebody who calls themselves "boner" )

Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
And it was house Repubs that pushed through the Civil rights legislation too. Lets not forget that "little window" of Republican progress.

You mean that "window" when Republican and Democrat had basically the opposite ideologies as they do today? Speaking of flip-flopping, that is precisely what our major parties did in the 20th Century.

And before you reply with one of your "brilliant" comebacks, keep in mind that I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
He maybe but the issue is there is a double standard on many campuses despite the right to free speech. Now am I fine with some like using significant other, partner, lover rather than girlfriend/boyfriend. SURE. Am I fine with other things I've seen such as the "plantation" issue in California or the Tennessee part, no. I am all for free speech but the issue is we cannot want it when we want but not when it is goes against our views.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM

709 posts, read 598,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
People often say this. What say you?
LOL Hell no...if anything it shows lack of.

Lack of common sense and street smarts as well.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:

It's actually much simpler than either of us are making it. To know which party is the racist one, count votes.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ya, like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Ted Turner. Are those the stupid red necks you are refering to?
Yeah, because all we hear is about how the republicans just represent the rich, corporate interests. You mean all them rich corporate guys are liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies