Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 AM

7,816 posts, read 6,402,176 times

Advertisements

Is there anywhere the middle east doesn't direct violence at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Who, exactly, are the damned commies?
The damn commies were everyone who took the ideas of Karl Marx and politicized them. Offered an agenda that sounded good to the people for control. Communists were one of the two things whose mere existence set off Hitler to go on a rampage that would change the world. The aftereffects of communism are as large as the aftereffects of the American Revolution.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Is there anywhere the middle east doesn't direct violence at?
As I mentioned in the OP, they've been hating the infidels from the start. But I've never seen them burn the, say. Japanese flag, compared to the EU flag or the American flag. And the Japanese are about as western as the orient could get.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
As I mentioned in the OP, they've been hating the infidels from the start. But I've never seen them burn the, say. Japanese flag, compared to the EU flag or the American flag. And the Japanese are about as western as the orient could get.
I provided a link explaining why...since this is your thread, I thought you might actually read it. Silly me.
I'll make it easy for you: after WW I the West divided what had formerly been simply Arabia into artificial "countries" that divided tribes and their territories, splitting families and religious groups strictly for the benefit of the Allies. There's quite a bit more to it, but that's the gist of it.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I provided a link explaining why...since this is your thread, I thought you might actually read it. Silly me.
I'll make it easy for you: after WW I the West divided what had formerly been simply Arabia into artificial "countries" that divided tribes and their territories, splitting families and religious groups strictly for the benefit of the Allies. There's quite a bit more to it, but that's the gist of it.
Actually I am reading now.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,841,780 times
Oil...without it they would be back in the desert jockeying camels.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Islam was halted by the Chinese Empire the most powerful in the world at the time. The Mohammadans don't view the Far East as part of their domains.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,654,779 times
The hate for Christians started back in the Bible.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 AM

20,129 posts, read 16,190,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Show me were Carter had anything to do with the installation of the Mohammad Reza as Shaw...
He emboldened the radicals.

Quote:
Henry Precht, the State Department’s country director for Iran during the Iranian crisis admits that the failures in Iran by the Carter administration allowed for Islamofacism to reach new heights.

“There had never been an Islamic revolution” prior to the Iranian situation, Precht acknowledged to the Middle East Journal.
Carter meant well.
Quote:
Carter viewed Khomeini as more of a religious holy man in a grassroots revolution than a founding father of modern terrorism.

Carter’s ambassador to the UN, Andrew Young,said “Khomeini will eventually be hailed as a saint.“

Carter’s Iranian ambassador,William Sullivan, said, “Khomeini is a Gandhi-like figure.”

Carter adviser James Bill proclaimed in a Newsweek interview on February 12, 1979 that Khomeini was not a mad mujahid [ranking cleric], but a man of “impeccable integrity and honesty. “

Gen. Robert Huyser, Carter’s military liaison to Iran, was quoted as saying “The president could have publicly condemned Khomeini and even kidnapped him and then bartered for an exchange with the [American Embassy] hostages, but the president was indignant. ‘One cannot do that to a holy man,’ he said.”
Just like he meant well when he crippled the CIA.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-23-2013 at 09:27 AM..

Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The hate for Christians started back in the Bible.

Please, NCN; read some history. Mohammed wasn't born until 600 years AFTER the life and time of Christ. It would be very difficult for a religion that didn't exist to hate Christians due to their religious beliefs. In fact, Christ is a revered prophet in Islam, and there is a sacred rock from which they believe Jesus preached to them. This has more to do with geo-politics and oil than religion, although they aren't appreciative of attempts to convert them, any more than Christians would be if Muslims showed up on our doorsteps with copies of the Koran and told us we're damned if we don't switch.

Islam Origins, Islam History, Islam Beliefs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies