Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:30 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times

Advertisements

I often like to think that a non-interventionist policy would be most peaceful for America. But ever since the damn commies showed up, America has decided to get active in international affairs, constantly fighting some war abroad.

...So anyways, when did crowds in the middle east start chanting death to America? I know they chanted death to the infidels ever since they showed up, but when did they start chanting death to America? Was it because of something we did or was it because they decided to get mad at the freedom of the west and picked us to represent it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I often like to think that a non-interventionist policy would be most peaceful for America. But ever since the damn commies showed up, America has decided to get active in international affairs, constantly fighting some war abroad.

...So anyways, when did crowds in the middle east start chanting death to America? I know they chanted death to the infidels ever since they showed up, but when did they start chanting death to America? Was it because of something we did or was it because they decided to get mad at the freedom of the west and picked us to represent it?
A good place for you to start your journey of knowledge is with The Shaw of Iran. Work forward and backward from there.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
The very well intentioned, but grossly misguided, Jimmy Carter.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
When the USA supported the creation of the State of Israel, the dislike of us by many in the Middle East began ... and has only grown over the years. There were probably earlier reasons, but none as important to the America haters as our continued support of Israel.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
When the USA supported the creation of the State of Israel, the dislike of us by many in the Middle East began ... and has only grown over the years. There were probably earlier reasons, but none as important to the America haters as our continued support of Israel.
Well, creating a country where people do not want it will bring violence. Unlike our case with British, I do not think there is a happy ending for the Middle east....

Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Bingo.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The very well intentioned, but grossly misguided, Jimmy Carter.
Show me were Carter had anything to do with the installation of the Mohammad Reza as Shaw...

Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

Who, exactly, are the damned commies?

Old 04-23-2013, 08:06 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Ask Thomas Jefferson when it began. He could tell you.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
The resentment began after the WW I, when the Ottoman Empire was defeated and the vast area that had previously been governed by tribal and religious areas was arbitrarily divided into the artificial "countries" of Iran, Iraq, Syria, etc. The impetus was to gain control of oil-rich regions. Israel was created in 1917, but wasn't truly occupied until 1948; the anger against the West began far earlier. Rent a copy of Lawrence of Arabia...great movie and lots of information.

The Middle East and the West: WWI and Beyond : NPR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies