Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 05:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Are facts important, or just spewing your BS agenda?

I am not sure what kind of dimwits you might be used to dealing with on political forums, but I suggest you do not take me lightly again in the future.
Oh, I am taking you very lightly. Of course he was criticized. That's what presidents receive: criticism. Look at Bush, and look at Obama. They are receiving it no matter what they do. He was criticized for not going in, then he was criticized for going in, then we was criticized for going too slowly, he was criticized for not putting boots on the ground. He is criticized for using drones in Pakistan, he is criticized for expanding the Afghan campaing. He is criticized for sending special forces into Congo. You can't avoid criticism. It is what it is, but the point is that he went in, and got the job done with absolute minimum cost and casualties. My comments answer the original comment about him being too weak to go in. He went in, and now you whine about him being criticized by Al Jazeera. Are you kidding me? They make a career out of criticizing the United States.

As for Syria, Obama will be criticized if he does something about it, and he will be criticized of he does't. You can count on it. Bush got hammered for going into Iraq, and he would have been hammered if he hadn't. It's the nature of the beast, and as long as you do not understand that, you will be taken lightly.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
US has said that would be a game changes. We shall see if US takes action
How about just let them duke it out and we can worry about more important problems here at home like long lines at Chipotle and low battery life on iPhones.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Fake videos about Syria CNN, Al Jazeera, BBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46dbY3dGic

Last edited by claudhopper; 05-02-2013 at 05:38 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM

92 posts, read 67,008 times
Quote:
I'm guessing with your juvenile comments you might be 14.
No, I'm 45. But you know deep down no matter what Obama does you will be petulant, sarcastic, conspiracy minded, and generally bitchy.

My personal opinion is more isolationist. I love all people but it is up to Syria to solve Syria's current crisis. And then the one after that, etc etc. Now if they (Syria) attack the USA or any other country that is a different matter.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
No, I'm 45. But you know deep down no matter what Obama does you will be petulant, sarcastic, conspiracy minded, and generally bitchy.
That seems to be the case.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Oh, I am taking you very lightly. Of course he was criticized. That's what presidents receive: criticism...
And I have zero respect for liars like you, who changed the goalposts after being exposed. You claimed he did not hesitate - and he did - and now you are whining that he was only "criticized" like "every other president." You're full of it, and have zero credibility. Your future posts will be ignored.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,790 times
Quote:

My personal opinion is more isolationist. I love all people but it is up to Syria to solve Syria's current crisis. And then the one after that, etc etc. Now if they (Syria) attack the USA or any other country that is a different matter.
You're 45 like I'm 167. You "love all people but its up to syria to solve their problems." That's hilarious, how come its no problem for russia, iran and hezbollah - all outsiders - to get involved, but not the US? Anti-American agenda, have we? Yet another fly-by-nighting fraud passing through the forums...

Old 05-03-2013, 08:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Obama is FOS, and his unwillingness to step in and stop the slaughter - without manufacturing "red lines" or some other nonsense - is proof of that. He did not need to wait for some arbitrary chemical weapons action to do something; haven't there been enough massacres to say enough?

And I really don't get the left and their pathetic hypocrisy and inconsistencies; the syrian people were practically begging the West and US to help them from the assad murder machine - the very liberals, academics and intellectual brothers of the left in the West - and you ignored their pleas. Just disgraceful, I'm glad the French didn't tell us to FO in 1776.
The bottom line with the "red line" statement is that it was just like those companies that advertise "if it snows on the 4th of july your purchase will be free" banking on the idea that it won't happen so they'll never have to back it up.
Same thing here. Obama figured that the Syrian government would never be so crazy to actually use chemicals so he threw down his bet and the dice came up craps.
I guess he lost that bet. Now, he can choose another number and double down or he can walk away and wait for a new shooter.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
And I have zero respect for liars like you, who changed the goalposts after being exposed. You claimed he did not hesitate - and he did - and now you are whining that he was only "criticized" like "every other president." You're full of it, and have zero credibility. Your future posts will be ignored.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I don't need your tears.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM

96 posts, read 71,189 times
Quote:

If Syria's WMD get into the hands of al qaeda, that becomes YOUR crisis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies