Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 PM

96 posts, read 71,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Even if Assad "fell," why would that resolve the civil war? Do you think the majority-Alawite cities right along the coast would peacefully transfer power to the majority-Sunni rebels? Did that ever happen in Lebanon, a country with similar demographic fractures that went through 16 years of civil war before a stalemate took hold? Why would it happen in Syria? Lebanon saw plenty of leaders rise and fall during the war era, but the war continued regardless.

If the US pulls out of the Middle East, the vacuum will be filled by Russia and China

Old 05-03-2013, 02:43 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,639,313 times
I'm betting there is zero chance the US in any way "pulls out" of the Middle East, which would presumably include closing the bases in Qatar and elsewhere. Not intervening in Syria has little bearing on the overall US position in the Mideast.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
If the US pulls out of the Middle East, the vacuum will be filled by Russia and China
When was the last time either one invaded another country under false pretenses to control the resources and take out all the gold? Remember all that gold that Saddam had? What happened to it? What about all the wealth that Gaddafi had accumulated for the African Union? poof

Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Assad's fall is a matter of time. It is only prudent foreign policy for the US to establish ties with the likely replacement.
Even if it's the Muslim Brotherhood or similar organization? Wow, that'd be interesting, wonder how they'd sell that one?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
If the U.S. pulled out of the middle east it'd have to be to another planet for the violence against us to stop or, I guess we could just convert and accept Sharia law. That'd make it stop. Oh wait, they are still killing each other even if we're not there. Oh well...

Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
My guess is that you are a provacateur, sent here to drum up support to get us into another war. That's why I called you a shill, probably from the Pentagon, CIA or Blackwater type corp.
LOLOLOL, you really cracked me up there...I had no idea I could be construed as so important and impactful, just wow. Actually, I was sent by the Klingon Empire as the Romulan Ambassador to slay the female vorta of the Bajoran Congress....

Quote:
Truth is, the majority of native Syrians support their President,
And you claim that <I> am a "shill"? By definition, that's BS as 70% of the country is Sunni - not alawite - who have been oppressed along with the minority kurds for DECADES. If you think that those two groups support assad after his people have crushed them so badly - you REALLY have no clue about the country.

Quote:
and the jihad is at the behest of our gov't.
Really? So it was the US convincing all those thousands of demonstrators throughout sunni territory to march, chanting "peaceful, peaceful" while assad's verminous murder machine shot at them? Wow, who knew that the US could be so persuasive? People like you make me laugh, at that's not a good thing.

Quote:
The globalists are threatened by nationals that seek to preserve their sovereignty, and not comply to demands of the US and NATO. This is the same false information that got us into Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.
The "globalists," the "banksters," the illuminati, the zionists...any more idiotic, meaningless labels you want to throw out there hoping someone as clueless and lost as you gets taken in with your ludicrous slogans?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Another shill?
So everyone who disagrees with you is a "shill"? Good 1st grade reasoning skills there, superstar.

Quote:
Why is it up to us to decide the leadership of other countries?
Should France have allowed the 13 colonies to have been crushed by the British? Glad you were not the French King in 1776...

And why is it acceptable that Russia and iran can intervene, but not the US?

Quote:
Aren't we supposed to be the most powerful of all nations? Syria is a mouse, you can get off your chair.
How many nukes would make you feel safe? We have somewhere between 5000 and 9000.
What does that have to do with Syria?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,088 times
You'd think they'd come up with a better lie. This reminds me of those "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq. HAHAHAHA!

Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
That's much too deep a line of reasoning for the clueless far leftists here too follow, as they lack the critical reasoning skills to grasp that. Please type more slowly next time...

Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
When was the last time either one invaded another country under false pretenses to control the resources and take out all the gold?
Russia: Afghanistan, Georgia, Chechnya....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies