Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What about you? Can't find it in YOUR HEART or do you want them to go on welfare for life.
He got a job at $15 an hour because he wants some self worth.. like I did when I was poor.. I worked my way out of poverty taking every stinking kind of job I could find till I prospered. Nothing wrong with hard work and not taking freebees all the time. I had my own business and also worked side jobs for extras.. it is called being diligent to keep the wolf from the door.

This fellow probably would not qualify for Obamacare anyway, if he doesn't qualify now.. yet illegals come here and get benefits by Obama for a vote .. the working poor in America have gotten the shaft. I believe in taking care of your own first. God believes in a birth right. One born here should have that right FIRST! Your president doesn't believe in an American Birthright.. he is too concerned with the illegals getting freebees to take care of the real poor. It is flat out disgusting.. he isn't going to qualify and you know it.. one has to have babies to qualify and live off the welfare check the mother gets. How sick this country has become.
I pay tax money, the vast majority of it goes to the industrial military complex. If the government is going to take my money to pay for unjust wars (using illegal methods like drones in Pakistan), then they should be using my money to keep the poor above water as well. I am also barely above working poor myself. I'm in an income bracket where I don't qualify for assitance, but still pay a high tax rate. Even so, I'm fine with sharing my wealth so no one goes without basic health care, food, and housing in this country, even the kids of illegal immigrants. However, I don't need to sacrifice every cent of my wealth for the poor because I am not Christian and I am not betting on an afterlife. So Jesus's commandments do not apply to me.

Non citizens do not qualify for government assistance. Their kids do if they are US citizens. That still doesn't make any American citizen not qualify for government assistance. Illegals or no illegals, ALL US citizens qualify for government assistance if their income meets the guidelines, which most of the true working poor do.

That fellow would qualify for medicaid under "obamacare" in 2014 if his income is at 130% of the poverty level or lower. Period. Before "obamacare" childless adults did not qualify for medicaid at all in most states. I'm not going to debate this anymroe because it is really off topic and this information is freely available, but people will continue to believe myths because they fit their world views better.

I have no problem with people getting jobs so they can have self worth. The reality is that there are not enough decent paying jobs to go around. And no, I don't think Obama is taking care of that well. Obama protects the wealth of the few as much as he gives government money to the poor and "illegals." Actually, if you check out the huge bailouts he gave with our taxmoney to huge corporations, he is doing much more for the rich.

The system is rigged against the poor (and the middle class, for that matter!). We should all be working together to fix that instead of demonizing the poor.

Charity cannot do justice: An Open Letter to Congressman Paul Ryan. | Bobaganda!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
You have to look at scripture in the context it was written. First of all, Jesus is supposedly the Lord, so why is his word not hold more weight than the others? The idea that it doesn't makes no sense to me when there are contradictions to it written in other parts of the bible. Second, everything Paul wrote was address to Christian communities on how to handle their affairs with people who they lived in small Christian communities together. In regards to people outside of their small communities, he said, "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Everything Jesus spoke about was directed to believers on how they should JUDGE THEMSELVES, not on how they should judge other people.
The word of God judges.. God's word says everyone is a sinner... they are the outsiders.. so we should not tell them they need a savior?? Better rethink what you say.
We are told the world is evil.. are we not to believe that? We are told by God to touch not the unclean thing in the world...Are we not to believe that.?. we are to separate ourselves from the world , yet we are attacked by the spirit of anti-christ. You have mistakenly put Jesus into the government as the one to give to the poor. YOU are wrong to think that Jesus is Obama. He is not ..One cannot serve two masters.. You judge me with every post and do not deny it. YOu who says not to judge. Obama is your god and the government is your god. It is the last days and many Christians will adhere to those who want to become God. Did not Satan want to be God? Satan can be transformed into an angel of light..
Jesus is not of this world.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Quote:
The word of God judges.. God's word says everyone is a sinner... they are the outsiders.. so we should not tell them they need a savior?? Better rethink what you say.
We are told the world is evil.. are we not to believe that? We are told by God to touch not the unclean thing in the world...Are we not to believe that.?. we are to separate ourselves from the world , yet we are attacked by the spirit of anti-christ. You have mistakenly put Jesus into the government as the one to give to the poor. YOU are wrong to think that Jesus is Obama. He is not ..One cannot serve two masters.. You judge me with every post and do not deny it. YOu who says not to judge. Obama is your god and the government is your god. It is the last days and many Christians will adhere to those who want to become God. Did not Satan want to be God? Satan can be transformed into an angel of light..
Jesus is not of this world.
Ok, but Paul just said not to judge outsiders. And Jesus said not to judge. How can you just ignore those two things? Anyway, I don't want to argue about it anymore. We can agree to disagree.

I don't think Obama is Jesus...lol. I don't even like Obama and I didn't vote for him in the last election, but I am thankful for some of his health care legislation, because I know some desperate people who it will help tremendously.

Please don't think I am judging you. I hope I didn't come across as harsh or rude, I just get all in a fervor on C-D as many people do. I'm just trying to figure out your reasoning...along with the reasoning of other Christians with views like you. I still don't get it, but that's okay.

Peace and love, homie.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Do you think Jesus likes the lazy? Did he not mention lazy in a bad light.. one can use this parable many different ways.. and one is lazy if they don't get their butt out of bed and go look for a job instead of collecting welfare for generations.. you tell me how that is profitable?
Did Jesus spend his life (like Neo-Cons do) blaming the poor of being lazy? Did Jesus waste the gospels on PURE right wing BS Republican propaganda accusations that the lazy are scammers, loafers, and the cause of all the right wing's problems? Or could it just be that you're putting the head of RUSH LIMBAUGH on Jesus, and coloring his heart a deep vomit-green color, so he could match the hearts of right wingers, and fit right into the right wing ideology you and your church hold so dear?

Old 04-30-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I pay tax money, the vast majority of it goes to the industrial military complex. If the government is going to take my money to pay for unjust wars (using illegal methods like drones in Pakistan), then they should be using my money to keep the poor above water as well. I am also barely above working poor myself. I'm in an income bracket where I don't qualify for assitance, but still pay a high tax rate. Even so, I'm fine with sharing my wealth so no one goes without basic health care, food, and housing in this country, even the kids of illegal immigrants. However, I don't need to sacrifice every cent of my wealth for the poor because I am not Christian and I am not betting on an afterlife. So Jesus's commandments do not apply to me.

Non citizens do not qualify for government assistance. Their kids do if they are US citizens. That still doesn't make any American citizen not qualify for government assistance. Illegals or no illegals, ALL US citizens qualify for government assistance if their income meets the guidelines, which most of the true working poor do.

That fellow would qualify for medicaid under "obamacare" in 2014 if his income is at 130% of the poverty level or lower. Period. Before "obamacare" childless adults did not qualify for medicaid at all in most states. I'm not going to debate this anymroe because it is really off topic and this information is freely available, but people will continue to believe myths because they fit their world views better.

I have no problem with people getting jobs so they can have self worth. The reality is that there are not enough decent paying jobs to go around. And no, I don't think Obama is taking care of that well. Obama protects the wealth of the few as much as he gives government money to the poor and "illegals." Actually, if you check out the huge bailouts he gave with our taxmoney to huge corporations, he is doing much more for the rich.

The system is rigged against the poor (and the middle class, for that matter!). We should all be working together to fix that instead of demonizing the poor.

Charity cannot do justice: An Open Letter to Congressman Paul Ryan. | Bobaganda!
If you go to youtube and read the caption under the video you will see the fellow got a job.. he would not qualify.
Do you know what the bailouts are really for.. Better look closer..the banks lost the savers money.. yep,, they didn't just lose the interest on the mortages they lost the principal.. most of it.., they lost the peoples money, the savers who deposit money or the leveraging going on....the money it is sitting in the housing industry.. the builders and the sellers of homes got the savers money .. goes to show one can't deregulate an industry and put everyone into a home.. and many jumped on board.. foreigners had homes built to flip, sure they made money too and then the foreclosures started and the banks lost the peoples money.. banks do take money from people to lend out and get interest on it.. well, the banks lost the capital . It is gone .. Orlando Florida has 16000 foreclosures on trulia.. we are in very bad shape. And the banks can't foreclosure so they are trying short sales because they hav eto have money on the books by law to take on every foreclosure.. the banks lost money and the money already made is gone.. builders, sellers, flippers got their money . People are living in homes for 5 years without paying the mortgage.. that is a nice freebee. Plus two million homes purchased by the poor or those without a job never made the first mortgage payment.. no one has ethics anymore..the bankers , the people, this system is doomed.

The fed is printing money to give to Obama to buy up the toxic assets off of the books of the big banks because they are too big to fail.. FDIC is broke too. Obama is making it worse not better.His spending in other areas is bankrupting this country.. freebees for all.. a big party before the house of cards falls..

Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The sermon started out great today. The pastor was talking about how all living things, and even non-living things such as mountains, sing praises to the Lord just by being what they are meant to be.

Then he turned an excellent sermon into a political rant.

He started to say that humans are responsible for global warming, when this is still a controversial topic.

He mentioned Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and even conceded that global warming has occurred in periods before fossil fuels, as Gore states in his book.

He said that Gore was mainly concerned with our own civilization - not the Earth - which will regenerate on its own - which makes it rather clear that Gore just wants to sell books and expand control and regulation, which is the wet dream of all liberals.

The pastor even mentioned Earth Day.

I thought that was the final straw, until he gave the benediction and said these words:

"Think globally, and live liberally".

How awful! A man of the cloth singing the praises of mother nature. Have you ever considered starting your own religion? Something based on more fantasy possibly?

Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Did Jesus spend his life (like Neo-Cons do) blaming the poor of being lazy? Did Jesus waste the gospels on PURE right wing BS Republican propaganda accusations that the lazy are scammers, loafers, and the cause of all the right wing's problems? Or could it just be that you're putting the head of RUSH LIMBAUGH on Jesus, and coloring his heart a deep vomit-green color, so he could match the hearts of right wingers, and fit right into the right wing ideology you and your church hold so dear?
They will see their just reward if the continue to scam and hurt others... Read the bible more. Jesus was not easy on the world . Find out just what Jesus requires to be in his kingdom.. Jesus said they are in a state of condemnation already.. they need a savior. Jesus did not come to condemn but to save.. those who Jesus draws to himself will know him. Jesus is kind but he is a just God who loves the sinner but hates the sin.. Jesus wants all who follow him to be like him. Just, Good, Ethical, Moral, and Upright.God takes them as they are and that is called salvation.. salvaging them from the world and making them whole and new and blessed.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
A parable spoken by Jesus about the lazy servant.
Matthew Chapter 25
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Interesting that you neglected to post the rest of the chapter:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Interesting that you neglected to post the rest of the chapter:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Directed to Christians.. not our government that wants to become communist to spread the wealth around.. Christians do feed the hungry. Do you who preach on it? .. we should all try to be a giver.. not a taker.. even the widow gave a mite.. all she had and Jesus noticed that too.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM

196 posts, read 115,692 times
Quote:
LOL. He is trying to tell me he knows all about immigrants. My dad was an illegal immigrant...from Ireland, in fact. His family had the choice to live in perpetual poverty in Ireland where there were no jobs at the time, or take big risks to survive. They came here and worked their asses off for long hours at low wages with no benefits. They have paid plenty of taxes without receiving much benefit from them, although I will admit my dad probably hasn't paid as much as middle class Americans. But for the income he made, he wouldn't have had an income tax liability anyway. My dad joined the US army which the majority of America citizens would never do. He never received welfare of any type. Neither did my mother or I. He built a house from the ground up for himself out of salvaged materials and lives a very meager lifestyle. No cell phone. No computer. He will retire and receive virtually no social security benefits. But it was better than his other options. And yet people will blame the immigrants for trying to do the Republican thing: "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" to survive, and ignore the fact that none of them would be compelled to move here at all if it were not for the US companies that choose to hire them over American citizens!!
You nailed it. I wish I had said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies