Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess you didn't realize that most played baseball back then as a part time job. I also forgot how the mob is trying to corellate gays with the civil rights movement which is an insult to the civil rights movement. Continue on mob.
Ironically, that's pretty much the same thing the white racists said back then, of course.

"Trying to correlate black rights with other civil issues is just an INSULT..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

910 posts, read 1,319,551 times
Y'know guys if it sickens you that much, there's a permanent solution. 100mg per kg seconal, and a couple fingers of your favorite libation. The gay agenda's only gonna get worse from here on out.

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Well stop making it my business. I'm tired of being inundated with homosexual news.
Then why are you posting in a thread about a gay basketball player?

Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 AM

596 posts, read 730,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Wrong. I'm telling folks like you to stop getting in the way of others having the same fundamental legal relationship rights as you.

You can hate gays as much as you want in your own private life, really don't care.
It's pointless to try to have an actual discussion with this person, you may as well go and hit your head against a brick wall. He is clearly one of those people who likes to argue simply for the sake of arguing. He completely ignores what anybody who disagrees with him says, and just repeats his same ignorant nonsense over and over again. As if repeating bull**** enough times will somehow make it true. He's seeking attention, so just ignore him. It's both laughable and pathetic.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't realize that most played baseball back then as a part time job.
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
I also forgot how the mob is trying to corellate gays with the civil rights movement which is an insult to the civil rights movement.
You stated that professional sports owners would allow anyone to play who could play. There is ample historical evidence that this is not true.

Quote:
Continue on mob.
Again, who constitutes this mob of which you speak?

Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Are you going to tell me if Jordan came out as being gay back in the day he would have ridden the pine in the NBA?? Is that how far you are willing to go to push your nonsense?? Apparently so.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:33 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Heterosexuality is normal behavior, why don't you understand this basic point? You act as though homosexuality is equal to heterosexuality, when it's not. Homosexuality is nothing more than a perversion.
Why don't I understand what?

Why don't you understand the fact that homosexuality IS normal.......for the homosexual?

They have no more say in their homosexuality than you or I have a say in our being straight.

I can think of a lot more things way more perverted than two people of the same sex loving each other - such as ignorant homophobic bigotry.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
It's pointless to try to have an actual discussion with this person, you may as well go and hit your head against a brick wall. He is clearly one of those people who likes to argue simply for the sake of arguing. He completely ignores what anybody who disagrees with him says, and just repeats his same ignorant nonsense over and over again. As if repeating bull**** enough times will somehow make it true. He's seeking attention, so just ignore him. It's both laughable and pathetic.
I see you can't defend your actions anymore so are looking for support. Don't worry your mob will be along soon to scream and call me names but that won't change the actual fact that you folks are what you claim to be against.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:
Are you going to tell me if Jordan came out as being gay back in the day he would have ridden the pine in the NBA??
Have I tried to tell you that?
Are you going to have a rational discussion with me or are you going to have an irrational discussion with a strawman version of me that you are creating in your mind?

I will tell you that baseball players like Jackie Robinson, Stachel Paige, Josh Gibson etc were excluded from playing in the Major Leagues although they certainly could play. You claimed
Quote:
If you can play you will play. That coaches job and salary depend on winning and you can't win without good ballplayers be they gay or straight or hell if a guy was a green dwarf who could hit three's at 40% he'd see the floor. lol
Again, it is a historical reality that professional sports have discriminated. This is contrary to your assertion

I'll ask again, who comprises this "mob" of whom you speak?

Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 AM

106 posts, read 81,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
The I'm not against gay people but I'm against their acts even though I'm not homophobic even though I say homophobic things and I feel oppressed when people call me out for my intolerance so they're the bigots and not me argument is exhausting.

Say, "hello," to the modern day slave owner's best friend neighbor who wasn't "racist" because they weren't guilty of owning slaves.
Stop being heterophobic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies