Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 05:48 PM

63,190 posts, read 29,336,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Well, duh!
Who better to discuss a problem with a neighboring nation that affects both countries?
Much of the Mexican economy depends on the money the immigrants send back, and much of the American economy depends on those immigrants labor.

Who do you think obama should discuss this with? The Chinese?

Better stop, turn around and look down. You dropped your brain again.
We make our own immigration laws just every other country in the world does. Why should we consult with another country about ours? I didn't see Mexico consulting with us about theirs.

Too bad that the Mexican economy depends on money sent back by "immigrants" and I use that word loosley. I am sure that Obama isn't there talking about legal immigrants from Mexico.

Our economy does not depend on illegal immigrant labor. Only the greedy employers wanting more profit do. In the meantime we have 23 million Americans out of work and no, illegals for the most part aren't doing jobs that Americans won't do.

Obama shouldn't be discussing this issue at all with Mexico other than telling them that their citizens in our country illegally will be deported as our laws state. Now whose brain has dropped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,974,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Mexico's middle class is growing. Ours in declining. I imagine many illegals are rethinking their plan of washing dishes for minimum wage in this country.
President Obama does seem to think theres more talent in other countries, than the American people. We constantly hear about the jobs Americans won't do.....this is because they've convinced kids and parents that picking fruit was below the American children......... instead all kids should go to college and be in debt or have their parents support them.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,336,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Mexico is not rising. America is just sinking due to Barack and his unqualified stewardship of our country.
I know.
It drives me bonkers that the US was absolutely perfect until January 2009.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:14 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,953,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Funny you post this after Rush just had an emotion-fueled rant on the matter.

It wasnt so long ago that we invaded, and stole, their land. Or do you believe Jesus made Texas for white people?
You really need to learn your history... American settlers settled in mexico and were victimized by Santa Anna. A war was fought as has happened since the dawn of man and Santa Anna gave Texas to the Republic of Texas, (not the United States) in order to save his own neck.

Incidently, Mexicans did not originally occupy Mexico.. Indians did, and it was stolen from the indians. The land was stolen from them by the Spaniards. To include California, Arizona and New Mexico..

Last edited by freightshaker; 05-04-2013 at 02:40 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 02:37 AM

7,537 posts, read 5,789,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Doesnt make any sense to me why you would go to another nation, and then justify our immigration policies and suggest that we need to allow more immigrants when we cant even financially support our own.
The moron told them their gun problems were created by us.. Now think about that statement.. The Village Idiot of the United States let's guns walk to Mexico and he blames legal gun owners and manufacturers for the incompetence of his government to enforce existing laws..

It is without a doubt that this individual is the slimiest bastard to ever sit in the Oval Office..

Last edited by Crossfire600; 05-04-2013 at 03:46 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 05:21 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,975,438 times
You said what I was thinking. After listening to the video of his apologies for America, and to hear we are responsible for the violence in Mexico, my first thought was we can't get this idiot out of office soon enough. I think we deserve a President who doesn't hate America.

I couldn't help but think of the border murders by Mexico's drug cartels, how the illegal immigrants stole from, defaced and destroyed American farms on the border on their way to freedom. And he says we are the ones to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
The moron told them their gun problems were created by us.. Now think about that statement.. The Village Idiot of the United States let's guns walk to Mexico and he blames legal gun owners and manufacturers for the incompetence of his government to enforce existing laws..

It is without a doubt that this individual is the slimiest bastard to ever sit in the Oval Office..

Old 05-04-2013, 05:26 AM

92 posts, read 67,257 times
Yea, an American president discussing immigration policy while in Mexico, weird.............
What's next, a cop discussing crime at a police convention?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,229,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barack is not qualified to talk with anyone about this. He has never signed the front of a paycheck in his life. Blowhard Biden has been a senator since he got out of college. He is also unqualified to talk about employment or immigration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So the University of Chicago never paid him when he was a law professor?

Get over yourself.
Just as a point of clarity: receiving a paycheck entails signing the back of a paycheck, not the front. In your example, the entity signing the front of Obama's paycheck was the Univerisity of Chicago. The poster's point was that Obama has never been an employer, only an employee.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 AM

52,742 posts, read 48,091,804 times
Darth Barry is doing nothing more than continuing his dreadful apology tour for how sovereign our country is and how it should be brought down to the level of other countries. It comes down only to that.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 AM

92 posts, read 67,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Darth Barry is doing nothing more than continuing his dreadful apology tour for how sovereign our country is and how it should be brought down to the level of other countries. It comes down only to that.
You may want to prepare yourself for more democratic presidents in the future. The country is going in that direction as more and more people embrace the inclusiveness of the democrats and shy away from the embarrassment that (generally) the current Republican Party is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies