Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do some gun proponents want to have shootout with the Federal Govt?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 39 52.70%
Not at all we are just enthusiastic! 8 10.81%
We are ready just try and take them! 5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times

Advertisements

How will this war happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I think it's the feds that are itching to get into a shootout with the citizens. Ask DHS about that.
And it started decades ago

Dick Morris: Bill Clinton Personally Orchestrated the 1993 Waco, Texas Tragedy*|*Decrypted Matrix | of | the Mind

Old 05-03-2013, 08:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I certainly get that vibe. Many people around here seem to have a militia/survivalist mindset, love to spread conspiracy theories and think that compromise has no place in the democratic process - or at least, any compromise that might be asked of THEM. The other side can compromise EVERYTHING, and that's how it should be. Worst of all we have a POTUS who is a black man, and he actually had the audacity to win a second term. Talk about an uppity n-word! More than a few members of this forum are openly racist and this situation always is festering in their so-called brains.

Look at all the threads that appeared calling for secession in the wake of the November elections. There is a strong "coon hound" contingent here who get their world view from the Rush Limbaugh show and wouldn't recognize an impartial source of information if it was presented to them by the ghost of Robert E. Lee himself. These people feel ever more embattled as they watch the nation become more multi-racial and see systems of belief that run counter to their owr increasingly accepted by the rest of the country.

If all this weren't bad enough, the rise of the home schooling phenomenon has resulted in the blind leading the blind. Science is the work of the devil, math can be discarded for a $2 buck calculator, and literacy is irrelevant in the current age of electronics. Ayn Rand may be the goddess of libertarians and tea party types, but try to find a right winger who can even name her books, much less has read them. And speaking of literacy, our great Southern writers such as Thomas Wolf, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, etc. are read everywhere else in the Country except in the South, where intelligence and education is regarded with suspicion.

All of the above results in an enclave of fanatics, fearful of change, racist in outlook, and just itching to squeeze the trigger on a government that they feel is overly represented by the Blue States. Needless to say, if the Evil Government decided to clamp down on the American people, a few drones and a contingent or two of Navy Seals would do the job, but don't try to tell Bubba that.
Ah, a classic loony lefty hallucinatory screed, I love it. Just a little too prolix for my tastes though. I guess that's what happens when you have to squeeze in every hallucinatory stereotype.

No sane person really wants to get into a shootout. I doubt that you can find even one post from this forum where a remotely serious person indicates that. But the fact is, over 170 million people were killed by their own gov'ts in the 20th century. .
Murder by the State | NCPA

It is hardly paranoia to worry about having to defend yourself from government. As Hubert Humphrey said.

Why the 2nd Amendment by Walter E. Williams on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH
Certainly, one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms. ... The right of the citizen to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible.
(Several other quotes can be found at the link, none of them from 'bubbas' who where anti-science, anti-math, or regard "intelligence and education" "with suspicion." But unlike you, they have read and understood history.

P.S. The Navy Seals and other special forces guys tend to be on our side, not yours.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
I certainly get that vibe.

Look at all the threads that appeared calling for secession in the wake of the November elections. There is a strong "coon hound" contingent here who get their world view from the Rush Limbaugh show and wouldn't recognize an impartial source of information if it was presented to them by the ghost of Robert E. Lee himself.
You wouldn't happen to have a YouTube or transcript of the show where Rush advocated a shootout, would you? I must have missed it.

He never advocated a shootout? You just made it up?

That's what I thought.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:33 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
More and more attacks like the Murrah building, Jihad Hasan and the Boston Bombing.....that is what I see in the USAtards future..............YEEEHAWWW.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:49 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
I certainly get that vibe. Many people around here seem to have a militia/survivalist mindset, love to spread conspiracy theories and think that compromise has no place in the democratic process - or at least, any compromise that might be asked of THEM. The other side can compromise EVERYTHING, and that's how it should be. Worst of all we have a POTUS who is a black man, and he actually had the audacity to win a second term. Talk about an uppity n-word! More than a few members of this forum are openly racist and this situation always is festering in their so-called brains.

Look at all the threads that appeared calling for secession in the wake of the November elections. There is a strong "coon hound" contingent here who get their world view from the Rush Limbaugh show and wouldn't recognize an impartial source of information if it was presented to them by the ghost of Robert E. Lee himself. These people feel ever more embattled as they watch the nation become more multi-racial and see systems of belief that run counter to their owr increasingly accepted by the rest of the country.

If all this weren't bad enough, the rise of the home schooling phenomenon has resulted in the blind leading the blind. Science is the work of the devil, math can be discarded for a $2 buck calculator, and literacy is irrelevant in the current age of electronics. Ayn Rand may be the goddess of libertarians and tea party types, but try to find a right winger who can even name her books, much less has read them. And speaking of literacy, our great Southern writers such as Thomas Wolf, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, etc. are read everywhere else in the Country except in the South, where intelligence and education is regarded with suspicion.

All of the above results in an enclave of fanatics, fearful of change, racist in outlook, and just itching to squeeze the trigger on a government that they feel is overly represented by the Blue States. Needless to say, if the Evil Government decided to clamp down on the American people, a few drones and a contingent or two of Navy Seals would do the job, but don't try to tell Bubba that.

Beautifully written and explained!
And most definitely spot on.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:02 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,570,316 times

Why can't I just be left the hell alone? Why must I be part of a community of good citizens? Why must I bow at the altar of the state?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:43 AM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So much ferocity in some posters give me the feeling they are just itching to have shoot out with the Feds. Does anyone else around here get those vibes?
They are all talk, in the end most of them are frightened, that's why they have guns in the first place.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Is it fair to say for every "paranoid" gun nut....there is a naive Liberal?

dead serious question....
I think you're being GENEROUS in your assessment of the number of naive people in this nation.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 AM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think you're being GENEROUS in your assessment of the number of naive people in this nation.
The naive person is the one that thinks their political ideology doesn't have any naive people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies