Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Role-playing to teach people how to deal with social situations is nothing new. These kids did not kiss one another.

I can see that facts are irrelevant on this thread, how about I just give everyone a new string of pearls to clutch?
The school system acknowledged there was some mistakes made, and parents were so upset that the school system called a special forum to give parents a chance to talk about what had happened.

Again, all of this happened before it made national news. So no one was responding to any blog or news reports, the parents of the kids in the workshop were upset and the school system felt the need for a special meeting to address it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
youve got the word situation all over the place while not being specific with your idea in making a point, so people can't read your mind with what your trying to get at.
A stranger approaching a person and touching them without being invited to do so.

If that's not specific enough, then a person, standing with friends at a bar, feels a hand on their buttocks. The person turns and sees a grinning stranger.

Should that grinning stranger be slugged, slapped, shot, ignored, what?
How does the sex of the 2 people involved factor in?

Old 05-04-2013, 10:34 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
A stranger approaching a person and touching them without being invited to do so.

If that's not specific enough, then a person, standing with friends at a bar, feels a hand on their buttocks. The person turns and sees a grinning stranger.

ok thanks thats a great question, going to get a coffee and reply in a moment with opinion.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:

I guess it depends on how hot the stranger is....

Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The school system acknowledged there was some mistakes made, and parents were so upset that the school system called a special forum to give parents a chance to talk about what had happened.

Again, all of this happened before it made national news. So no one was responding to any blog or news reports, the parents of the kids in the workshop were upset and the school system felt the need for a special meeting to address it.
Some people live to be outraged. It's about perspective, and focusing on things that matter IMO. If this is something that would enrage you, so be it. I am totally fine with my children being taught skills to help them deal with unwanted advances from either gender. Peer pressure, harassment, and unwanted attention are real life issues that our children will probably face in their lifetime. I'm okay with kids learning how to deal with that.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:

What you are missing......the lesson didn't involve men and women or how to ward off advancements from heterosexuals..........

When you're in a bar things like this can happen, it's were it's expected enter at your own risk. Plus your 21 or over not 18 and under. Much different than girls at school or soccer practice experincing this.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
You just directed me to the very post I was replying to. One person, ex-gay activist or not, claiming there is some "agenda to destroy traditional marriage" doesn't cut it. How can you seriously believe this one woman speaks for anyone but herself? No, it requires far less of an imagination to conclude that gays just want to be treated equally. There's actually logic to that, you see. Their argument is sound, I've explained exactly what equality entails, and I've cited references containing historical facts to point out that the meaning of marriage has been changing since its creation.
She had an audience and they were praising her every word.....try listening to it, she's not "just" an activist.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What you are missing......the lesson didn't involve men and women or how to ward off advancements from heterosexuals..........
It's not what I'm missing, I was responding to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The whole plan of having college kids lead younger kids in sexual role playing is crazy. You can teach kids to say no withut forcing them into role playing. If that was done in a business, it would be considered sexual harrassment.

When I was in college, a guy tried to reach up my skirt and grab my ass at a party. I didn't stand there and think, "Hmm, wish I had role played this so I knew what to do. Guess I'll stand here and take it."
Instead, I slapped the jerk. No role play needed.

Quote:
When you're in a bar things like this can happen, it's were it's expected enter at your own risk. Plus your 21 or over not 18 and under. Much different than girls at school or soccer practice experincing this.
They can happen lots of places. First time I remember getting my ass grabbed in a sexual way was by the "girl next door" in my friend's back yard when we were 13 or so.

Change the scenario then, girl's soccer practice, at the mall, walking down the hallway at school, whatever

Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
She had an audience and they were praising her every word.....try listening to it, she's not "just" an activist.
Just the same, it is a long journey between "Her audience applauded what she said" and "The gay agenda is to destroy traditional marriage". At best, you might say the "gay agenda" is to destroy the FORCING of traditional marriage views upon OTHERS. And some gay activists are overly zealous about their cause. Then, I would agree. But that just means, well, what I said already, that they want equality. We heterosexuals get to marry whoever we want that is of legal age to consent and unmarried. They should have that right as well, regardless of any unfounded claims to the contrary or any personal opinions that don't hold up to the evidence.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Quote:

1) Just to be clear in the whole scope of this issue and as well in the adult world the fact of the matter is that an individual is a unique person and an event which would be non-repeatable.. Advances which reduce person-hood to only a fraction of their being is an insult. IOW..every human being deserves to be acknowledged for what they are regardless of whatever underprivileged need they may or may not have.

2) This is fundamental in nurturing and maintaining a societies culture in educational institutions particularly with teens and younger children. Understanding what we are as human beings and the progress in being human would be an issue and responsibility in education. Culture is important because it expresses progress in the species adherence to reason. Reason is man's ability and has been not only earned through struggle in the dynamic evolution of matter, but is reflective in its nature. These are the rudiments ed is expected to be focused on why, because thats their job.

Definition of CULTURE

: cultivation, tillage
: the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education
: expert care and training <beauty culture>
a : enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and aesthetic training

3) Men and women are different by power and the given physicality in that power. While it would be inappropriate by standards just explained for a women to make an aggressive move as explained above in your example (strangers), men are known to be forgiving or at least refrain from physical recourse, justified by the known lack of potential for the women to carry out the passionate wish in a forceful manner.

4) Not so with two males, the unwanted suggestion is coming from an equally powerful member of the species. Therefore the male has every right to protect any chance of further aggression without delay. Plus it is a suggestion against nature and the recognition of the very persons gender and opportunity for union with the opposite sex, a unity which is only possible in consequence to contrast, the working parts in how the universe is what it is and able to function, in its existing harmonious way.

Last edited by stargazzer; 05-04-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies