Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Role-playing to teach people how to deal with social situations is nothing new.
Nobody said it was.

Quote:
These kids did not kiss one another.
Nobody is saying they did.

Quote:
I can see that facts are irrelevant on this thread, how about I just give everyone a new string of pearls to clutch?
Or perhaps start posting about the facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 11:27 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
1) Just to be clear, in the whole scope of this issue and as well in the adult world the fact of the matter is that an individual is a unique person and an event which would be non-repeatable.. Advances which reduce person-hood to only a fraction of their being is an insult. IOW..every human being deserves to be acknowledged for what they are regardless of whatever underprivileged need they may or may not have.

2) This is fundamental in nurturing and maintaining a societies culture in educational institutions particularly with teens and younger children. Understanding what we are as human beings and the progress in being human would be an issue and responsibility in education. Culture is important because it empress's progress in the species adherence to reason. Reason is man's ability and has been not only earned through struggle in the dynamic evolution of matter, it is reflective in its nature. These are the rudiments ed in expected to be focused on why, because thats their job.

Definition of CULTURE

: cultivation, tillage
: the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education
: expert care and training <beauty culture>
a : enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and aesthetic training

3) Men and women are different by power and the given physicality in that power. While it would be inappropriate by standards just explained for a women to make an aggressive move as explained above in your example, men are known to be forgiving or at least refrain from physical recourse, justified by the known lack of potential for the women to carry out the passionate wish in a forceful manner.

4) Not so with two males, the unwanted suggestion is coming from an equally powerful member of the species. A sexual advance toward a stranger of any degree, dismantles reason and is without reason other then the solitary individual aggressor. Therefore, the male has every right to protect any chance of further aggression without delay.
So many contradictions, so little time.

For one, you say that every individual is unique. You then say than two males are equally powerful and than men are more powerful than women. Of course, the truth is that some males are more powerful than other males and some women are more powerful than other women.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Just the same, it is a long journey between "Her audience applauded what she said" and "The gay agenda is to destroy traditional marriage". At best, you might say the "gay agenda" is to destroy the FORCING of traditional marriage views upon OTHERS. And some gay activists are overly zealous about their cause. Then, I would agree. But that just means, well, what I said already, that they want equality. We heterosexuals get to marry whoever we want that is of legal age to consent and unmarried. They should have that right as well, regardless of any unfounded claims to the contrary or any personal opinions that don't hold up to the evidence.
Like I said if this was what they wanted was to marry and live a life as a married couple than so be it, but it's not their whole reasoning and I don't intend to bury my head in the sand.

Elton John has never once put himself out there advocating to change marriage between man and woman, he moved to Europe were it was acceptable. Matter of fact gays praise and honor Madonna, Elton John hates her.....wonder why?

Outside of a "marriage certificate" what else are they not receiving?

Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Coming to a school near you? Liberals pushing the gay agenda by disguising it as bullying prevention.
Girls Told to Ask for Lesbian Kiss at School - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
Hmmm. The Christian News Network? Not a very trustworthy source.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Hmmm. The Christian News Network? Not a very trustworthy source.
And yet we know it happened. What exactly are you trying to say? None of this happened because of the source quoted?

Old 05-04-2013, 11:35 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
What ever happened to respecting another persons space??

Getting chummy with some one you barely know is just wrong at so many levels.
Encouraging a behavior that disregards one's personal space is absolutely wrong sexual or otherwise.
Meeting folks I smile , if they return a smile fine . If I feel nclined I might say hi and comment on the weather or something relative.
If they do not want to pursue the conversation any further that is the end of it .
I do not push in to their world.
Being friendly ,If some one want's to make conversation with me and my time is free I can be very flexable. However ,
there are limits I never cross.
No hanky panky.
No booz drugs or lies or sex period.
Some one attempting to over ride these is emediately given stern notice not to cross that line.
And being free to leave, I leave.
Be it in school or in a bar or some where else in public or private , my standards are not compromisable. I find that a compromise in one area leads to compromises in other places I would have never gone other wise.
The very same thing happens in young people compromising to wrong behavior in small ways leads to further compromises and bigger problems.
Most young people are too stupid to figure this out trying to impress one another with greater stupidity, rather than greater dicipline.
A rare few have the intellectual strength to learn from the mistakes of others ,problem is it is far too rare.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:36 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Like I said if this was what they wanted was to marry and live a life as a married couple than so be it, but it's not their whole reasoning and I don't intend to bury my head in the sand.
Jumping to conclusions by which you stereotype the majority or all of those supporting gay rights isn't any better. That's exactly what you are doing when you talk of a "gay agenda" as you have.

Quote:
Elton John has never once put himself out there advocating to change marriage between man and woman, he moved to Europe were it was acceptable.
If I had the money, I'd move to Europe too. What's your point?

Quote:
Matter of fact gays praise and honor Madonna, Elton John hates her.....wonder why?
I'm guessing you're getting this info from somewhere other than your own mind. What did the source of your info say? Surely, it said more than "Elton John hates Madonna"; usually, a person gives a reason why themselves. So... what did he say?

Quote:
Outside of a "marriage certificate" what else are they not receiving?
Found this in 15 seconds:

Equal Marriage NOW: Civil Marriage v. Civil Unions

Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
So many contradictions, so little time.

For one, you say that every individual is unique. You then say than two males are equally powerful and than men are more powerful than women. Of course, the truth is that some males are more powerful than other males and some women are more powerful than other women.
There is no contradiction. The human race is divided by gender and the properties which allow that to be so, including what is universally known in physical strength. The uniqueness in all as an individual remains, even 6 yr olds can understand the concept and know which gender they belong to. So your reply is not making any sense at all. Plus I answered your question.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:49 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
There is no contradiction. The human race is divided by gender
The human race can be divided in any number of ways.
For what reason is gender the correct way to divide it in this instance?

Quote:
including what is universally known in physical strength.
What is universally known in physical strength?

Old 05-04-2013, 12:01 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
The human race can be divided in any number of ways.
For what reason is gender the correct way to divide it in this instance?

What is universally known in physical strength?
Very funny, you've forgotten what the suggestion can only represent / mating.

mate*1 *(mt)
n.
1. One of a matched pair: the mate to this glove.
2. A spouse.
a. Either of a pair of animals or birds that associate in order to propagate.
b. Either of a pair of animals brought together for breeding.

On the second observation I donno what your talking about because its not specific. Men are stronger then women overall, everyone knows this and as well have different psychological understandings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies