Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 AM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No comparison. None of them brought guns to a political rally.

The very worst case scenario for democracy is to bring guns to a political rally. It taints the whole democratic process. I don't expect the 2nd amendment firebrands to get that aspect though, so carry on with your armed-march fantasy.
I guess they need anti-rape tents...huh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,481,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No comparison. None of them brought guns to a political rally.

The very worst case scenario for democracy is to bring guns to a political rally. It taints the whole democratic process. I don't expect the 2nd amendment firebrands to get that aspect though, so carry on with your armed-march fantasy.
We are not a democracy.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
A good thing in the background check plan, is that those with New Republican Autopay(NRA) credentials, will immediately fail the check.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,670,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
After all the Occupy-Whomever whiners fighting police, defecating in public, and trashing whatever area they took over, a peaceful, nonviolent event will be a novelty.

Oh, but the peaceful, nonviolents ones are the "nuts", while those who raped, assaulted, broke windows and stole things aren't?
Problem is that when you have 10,000 armed strangers marching against what they perceive as a tyrannical government, the odds of pulling off a peaceful demonstration are greatly reduced. The chances of violence are exponentially increased due to the loaded guns.

why not just march with signs that display the messages you want to get out? What is the necessity for loaded weapons?

Personally, I think it's more of an "in your face" intimidation thing than it is a peaceful rally. In essence, it's a simple case of "brandishing a weapon" to make a political point. A crime in most local jurisdictions.

How valid is your political message when you have to make it at the point of a gun? This is just a terrible idea and will turn into a giant cluster F#*k if it's even allowed to get off the ground.

Stupidest idea yet by the rabid right.

Oh, and one more thing. The organizers of this Cluster better take out a couple hundred million dollar insurance policy in the event someone gets shot during this rally. You're asking 10,000 people you don't know, of dubious backgrounds, to load up their weapons and show up in DC on the 4th. Every nut and cretin with a gun will crawl out from under their rocks and show up for this party. You seriously don't think that every one of those 10,000 will be staunch, law abiding patriots do you?

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-06-2013 at 09:55 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,461,062 times
i doubt this gets violent. if the cops come with their riot shields and all that crap i doubt these guys are as dumb as liberals and will try to attack the popo. to be honest this could be a great idea if they just don't load their guns

Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,670,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
We are not a democracy.
Yea, yea, yea, we are a Republic.....but........we are governed by democratic principles. Loaded weapons during a democratic process nullifies the process. It's hard to have a meaningful political discussion with give and take when one side is pissed off and armed to the teeth.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,848 times
Too too too many people will be there.

Bring loaded guns to this and as previously posted it will not end well.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,461,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
A good thing in the background check plan, is that those with New Republican Autopay(NRA) credentials, will immediately fail the check.
floridabob you need to stop talking about the nra i mean you just made a thread where you got trashed 100 times isnt it enough

Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
i doubt this gets violent. if the cops come with their riot shields and all that crap i doubt these guys are as dumb as liberals and will try to attack the popo. to be honest this could be a great idea if they just don't load their guns
I am sure you are right, the Cons love to talk about fighting tyranny, but the moment an officer tells them what to do, they jump in line and do what they are told.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,791,415 times
(duplicate post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies