Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,795,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Problem is that when you have 10,000 armed strangers marching against what they perceive as a tyrannical government, the odds of pulling off a peaceful demonstration are greatly reduced. The chances of violence are exponentially increased due to the loaded guns.
I've noticed that when the paranoid gun-haters can't support their agenda, they resort to making up fake "data" and inventing supposed "trends" out of thin air.

Such as the above hogwash.

Invariably, they never back them up with any actual facts or references... because they can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,341,503 times
Quote:
This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.
???
I'm not following. Who is intimidating them? What tyranny? What do they want?
Do they want Obama to step down? Do they want their large sugary drinks back? Are they protesting some imaginary rights they have lost? Will Sarah Palin, Clint Eastwood and Ted Nugent be leading the charge? I'm confused. Can somebody explain to this foreigner what's going on?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,483,194 times
Quote:
Yea, yea, yea, we are a Republic.....but........we are governed by democratic principles. Loaded weapons during a democratic process nullifies the process. It's hard to have a meaningful political discussion with give and take when one side is pissed off and armed to the teeth.
It may be one thing to be armed to the teeth on an gay marriage protest, or abortion protest, but when the protest is about the guns, its different. They will be carrying the very thing the government wants to control. The government does have a whole other agenda on guns then what the lead the anti gun folks about. Its not about gun violence either.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Problem is that when you have 10,000 armed strangers marching against what they perceive as a tyrannical government, the odds of pulling off a peaceful demonstration are greatly reduced. The chances of violence are exponentially increased due to the loaded guns.

why not just march with signs that display the messages you want to get out? What is the necessity for loaded weapons?

Personally, I think it's more of an "in your face" intimidation thing than it is a peaceful rally. In essence, it's a simple case of "brandishing a weapon" to make a political point. A crime in most local jurisdictions.

How valid is your political message when you have to make it at the point of a gun? This is just a terrible idea and will turn into a giant cluster F#*k if it's even allowed to get off the ground.

Stupidest idea yet by the rabid right.

Oh, and one more thing. The organizers of this Cluster better take out a couple hundred million dollar insurance policy in the event someone gets shot during this rally. You're asking 10,000 people you don't know, of dubious backgrounds, to load up their weapons and show up in DC on the 4th. Every nut and cretin with a gun will crawl out from under their rocks and show up for this party. You seriously don't think that every one of those 10,000 will be staunch, law abiding patriots do you?
I know, right? Ten to one there is at least one accidental shooting. I hope no intentional shooting.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM

6,848 posts, read 8,005,837 times
People are missing the big picture -- you can't carry a weapon in DC, loaded or not.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
I have more respect for them than I do for some coward that hides behind
a keyboard calling people gun nuts.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,676,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I've noticed that when the paranoid gun-haters can't support their agenda, they resort to making up fake "data" and inventing supposed "trends" out of thin air.

Invariably, they never back them up with any actual facts or references... because they can't.
I'm certainly not a gun hater. I'll restate my post. differently. Maybe this time you'll get it.
10,000 strangers from all over the nation, nobody knows where they came from or who they are. Every one of them armed to the teeth and taunting the government. The odds of pulling off a peaceful, violence free political rally are greatly reduced.

I need no stats or serious data to back me up. Common sense will do nicely.

Gun hater? I don't think so.
HK93
HK-MP5 with registered and stamped auto seer pac
1-FA AK74s
2-AK47s Milled receivers
3AKMs
Various pistols and bolt actions.
I've been collecting for 35 years

I believe in the Supreme Courts ruling that the 2nd is an individual right subject to reasonable restrictions. You don't believe in reasonable restrictions. That is apparent.
This loaded gun march is the stupidest idea that gun owners have ever had and will set gun owner's credibility back 50 years. Many of the "antis" consider us nuts. This march will prove their point.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn

Ten to one there is at least one accidental shooting.
See?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn

I need no stats or serious data to back me up.
TRANSLATION: You're right. I made it up. But I'm still hoping I can bamboozle somebody into believing me.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,676,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
TRANSLATION: You're right. I made it up. But I'm still hoping I can bamboozle somebody into believing me.
You quote me out of context but then I'd expect nothing less from you.

here is what I said.

"I need no stats or serious data to back me up. Common sense will do nicely."

Are you saying that calling on 10,000 strangers who've never met, to bring their loaded guns to Washington, DC is a GOOD idea??????
I suspected you're a fool, now you have an opportunity to prove it.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-06-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies