Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
What you should do, if you don't want her to have an abortion, is go to a lawyer, and have a written contract drawn up, that say when the baby is born you will have sole custody for life.

Of course, this means you will have to do like most young single parents, and quit your schooling/career and go on welfare until the child starts school. And you should plan on not having a full night's sleep for the next two years, and not getting laid for longer than that.

Be sure the contract includes a payment to her for whatever the usual is these days in surrogacy agreements. After all, she may have permanant damage to her body, including sexual function, and desereves compensation for that risk. And of course you will be paying the massive bills for prenatal care and hospital, extra food and vitamins, maternity clothes when she can no longer fit into her others, etc.

By all means, go for it.
I wonder how many men that coerce women into going through with pregnancy would then immediately change their minds if this was brought up.

It's easy for them to want the woman to stay pregnant when they don't have to deal with ANY of the negatives.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I believe surrogates charge up to $15,000 plus medical expenses. She will need a gym membership afterwards too.
Orly? I thought it was upwards of 30k.

All told, I reckon the baby will cost him about $100,000 before it is born. Then there is the rearing of it, and the college education...

Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
The law says she can do what she wants, so there's nothing you can do about that. However, I'd say goodbye to her. I wouldn't want to marry a woman or even have a close friend that would kill their own child and is OK with it.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The law says she can do what she wants, so there's nothing you can do about that. However, I'd say goodbye to her. I wouldn't want to marry a woman or even have a close friend that would kill their own child and is OK with it.
More than likely, you do.

I believe statistically 1 in 4 women have an abortion at some point in their life.

I have 3 friends who have had abortions, I knew about 1 but the other 2? I NEVER in a million years would have guessed, especially considering one is a married conservative evangelical Christian.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:17 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Jet. That's sad, especially the "conservative Christian." That just goes to show how many hypocrites are in church on Sunday. I would have also suggested that if he didn't want her to have the abortion, he should have also offered to take full responsibility for the child, and even marry the woman, if they both want to.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This is a great suggestion. I believe surrogates charge up to $15,000 plus medical expenses. She will need a gym membership afterwards too.
Don't forget the club med vacation plus a new house for doing him the favor.

I'm against abortion for the record.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Jet. That's sad, especially the "conservative Christian." That just goes to show how many hypocrites are in church on Sunday. I would have also suggested that if he didn't want her to have the abortion, he should have also offered to take full responsibility for the child, and even marry the woman, if they both want to.
Marriage would be a REALLY bad idea considering they've known each other a month and what would it change? Having a piece of paper changes absolutely NOTHING.

Taking full responsibility for the potential kid would be a bit better, but that doesn't change the fact that the woman is going to have to live with the physical aftermath for the rest of her life. My friends Mom broke her pelvis during childbirth and has had to use a cane since she was in her early 20s. She very openly states she regrets having children.

You simply cannot force a woman to go through a pregnancy, nor can you force your morals on another person. Personally, if I were in this predicament I'd absolutely get an abortion no questions asked.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
What you should do, if you don't want her to have an abortion, is go to a lawyer, and have a written contract drawn up, that say when the baby is born you will have sole custody for life.

Of course, this means you will have to do like most young single parents, and quit your schooling/career and go on welfare until the child starts school. And you should plan on not having a full night's sleep for the next two years, and not getting laid for longer than that.

Be sure the contract includes a payment to her for whatever the usual is these days in surrogacy agreements. After all, she may have permanant damage to her body, including sexual function, and desereves compensation for that risk. And of course you will be paying the massive bills for prenatal care and hospital, extra food and vitamins, maternity clothes when she can no longer fit into her others, etc.

By all means, go for it.

This is brilliant!

In fact, every woman dealing with a man who wants to coerce her into carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term should present him with this option. We'd see how fast a lot of those guys suddenly see abortion as a good idea.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:29 PM

861 posts, read 1,456,409 times
If you two didn't want a baby, you should have kept your zipper up and she should have kept her legs closed. I don't understand what is so surprising about her pregnancy. If a man and woman are fertile and having unprotected sex, the woman WILL get pregnant. Women don't get pregnant out of thin air. It isn't rocket science.

Unfortunately, if she decides to go through with the abortion, an innocent child will be killed for their "mistake". Adoption would be the best option.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
I believe statistically 1 in 4 women have an abortion at some point in their life.
Really? I thought it was far more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies