Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Haha, oh yeah, I have my own rule about the divorcee's after a particularly bad situation last year. Yes, I steer clear of the guys who are only separated or are newly divorced. Even if they've been divorced for a year or two I'm still kinda like, unhuh. Takes time to get over someone. You're right though, the guys on there do seem to quick run to the dating site the minute they get divorced. It's like they can't stand to be alone.
I think you have to be careful about married men lying about being separated too...that happened to one of my friends once and it was awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think you have to be careful about married men lying about being separated too...that happened to one of my friends once and it was awful.
God, what a turd! My situation with the separated guy last year was he decided after 4 dates that he couldn't do it. He STILL hasn't filed for divorce from his wife & they STILL don't live together. He moved out about 2 years ago because she cheated on him incessantly. Anyway, even though they had been separated & were going thru divorce proceedings, he couldn't handle dating someone else. So you're right about that one, I will never date someone who states they're separated, whether they're lying or not.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:40 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
You are correct I mis spoke. What I meant to say is foreign brides. The divorce rate among Americans of any race is out of control includin Inter racial

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but you are incorrect.

Actually the LOWEST interracial divorce rates are between White men married to Black women. White men married to Asian women are slightly more likely to divorce than White man/White woman marriages.

[]But Will It Last?[]: Marital Instability Among Interracial and Same-Race Couples* - Bratter - 2008 - Family Relations - Wiley Online Library

The Rise of Intermarriage | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

According to the adjusted models predicting divorce as of the 10th year of marriage, interracial marriages that are the most vulnerable involve White females and non-White males relative to White/White couples.White wife/Black husband marriages are twice as likely to divorce by the 10th year of marriage compared to White/White couples, while White wife/Asian husband marriages are 59% more likely to end in divorce compared to White/White unions.Conversely, White men/non-White women couples show either very little or no differences in divorce rates. Asian wife/White husband marriages show only 4% greater likelihood of divorce by the 10th year of marriage than White/White couples. In the case of Black wife/White husband marriages, divorce by the 10th year of marriage is 44% less likely than among White/White unions. Intermarriages that did not cross a racial barrier, which was the case for White/Hispanic White couples, showed statistically similar likelihoods of divorcing as White/White marriages.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
The truth that some of the men here don't want to admit is that you wouldn't go to the expense and effort of finding a wife overseas if you were able to find a wife in the US--the guys pretty much have something wrong with them that keeps them from finding a wife here, and they have unrealistic standards about the type of woman that they want, based on what they have to offer.
Please. Anyone can find a wife in the US. It's finding a reasonably pretty, slender, feminine, youthful women who is worth the trouble of marrying that is problematic. The number of such women in America is pretty small, and the number interested in an older guy who isn't rich is miniscule. So of course guys like that will consider going abroad to find a mate. They would be crazy not to.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 AM

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Women from other countries are warm, agreeable, sweet, smart, funny, pleasant.

American women are like diesel-fired tarantulas, most of whom could pass as Rin Tin Tin's littermates.

American women. Always talking about how awful men are. Always claiming how men are keeping them down and opressing them. They are always bitching about what men do. If they get mad they call-in some bogus domestic violence charge or other such nonsense. When American women do marry, they end filing for divorce and taking the kids to Oregon. Dad gets to see them one week a year but still has to pay to raise them or he goes to jail. And once every couple years he has to go before a judge and is ordered to pay more.

It's rather simple really. Americn women are a vengeful lot. Foreign women are lovely.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Please. Anyone can find a wife in the US. It's finding a reasonably pretty, slender, feminine, youthful women who is worth the trouble of marrying that is problematic. The number of such women in America is pretty small, and the number interested in an older guy who isn't rich is miniscule. So of course guys like that will consider going abroad to find a mate. They would be crazy not to.
Hell yea bro ^5

Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Yes I can. Its a cultutral thing thats been changing in that direction for 60 years now. The feminst movement has been in the radical fringe for the las 30 of those years

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I second that. Can't tell me the tens of millions of American women above 18 are all what he describes

Old 05-08-2013, 10:50 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Fourth-generation Chinese-American filmmaker Debbie Lum was inspired by personal experience to discover the psychology behind yellow fever
In the documentary, she follows the lives of Steven, a white 60-year-old Asiaphile, and Sandy, 30, his Chinese mail-order bride
OMG, I can't wait to see this! I'm all excited about it. This is a documentary about a huge lie some American men have sold themselves into, and I saw what the end result of it can be. Not good.

A friend of my family who was relatively well-to-do got himself a mail-order bride from the Philipines. We warned him, but he was smitten with the idea of a submissive girl. LOL! She was like that for about 2 months. The rest of the time with her, consisted of a constant money drain, as she purchased clothes, jewelry, and requested her entire family (one at a time), from the Philipines. Once they were all here, she dumped his dumb, silly behind, and he ended up near-destitute, alone, and with PTSD, after having been duly tortured emotionally and financially for 10 years.

This documentary follows the story of one of those males that opted for a mail order bride, because he thought Chinese, Filipino, and other such women with a far eastern look were/are submissive, docile, and subservient. I saw a segment of it, and the guy gets duly humiliated and treated like sh*t by the girl. It'll be fun to watch.

I have to see where I can watch it.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Exactly. It can work the other way too though. My husband has a colleague who has a family member who is in his 50s and never married--he'd never even been on a date. He's about as socially awkward as it gets. He met a girl from an Asian country somehow, when she was only 16 and they got "engaged." His big thing was that he wanted to marry a "virgin." (The odds of finding a virgin his own age are zero, and the odds of a young American girl wanting to have anything to do with him are worse) He visits her a couple of times a year, and the visits are chaperoned 24/7. I don't know if he's even kissed her. They've been "engaged" for close to 5 years now. He's paying for her family's housing costs and for the girl to go to college--he's basically supporting all of them. Every time he pushes for her to come to the US, her family comes up with some type of objection to wait a little longer. At some point, she's going to dump him after she gets everything she wants. It's a train wreck waiting to happen.
I never heard of that scam. I had only heard of the mail order brides, and those are in need of money, getting themselves and their family out of the country they're in, and plan to dump the male the minute they have their issues resolved with his money.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I'm not saying this to insult you, but I think you need to turn it around. If you're an older man, and you don't look like George Clooney, you don't have a dynamic personality, and you've admitted that you don't have a lot of money, why would a "reasonably pretty, slender, feminine, youthful woman" want YOU? Those women are out there--they're just married to more successful, attractive men. If you look for a wife abroad, and you marry when you barely know her, you just have to honest about the fact that it's a financial transaction. You get a young wife, and her only reason for marrying you is that she gets to come to the US. I wish you well, but more often than not those situations don't turn out well in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies