Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now the spin is, cutting spending, is responsible for 1/2 of the estimated deficits, even though we arent cutting spending, we're spending more.

You dont even see how dumb that is, do you?
Mastering reading comprehension is a virtue. Try it sometime.

The CBO clearly stated that automatic stabilizers [not whatever you said] was half the deficit.

As the economy improves, those automatic stabilizers diminish. In other words, such things as the large Food Stamp (SNAP) outlay that the RWNJs blame on Obama will fall dramatically on its own, reducing the deficit.

What the CBO said about the sequester was that it slowed GDP growth which lengthens the time that actual GDP reaches potential GDP.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Mastering reading comprehension is a virtue. Try it sometime.

The CBO clearly stated that automatic stabilizers [not whatever you said] was half the deficit.

As the economy improves, those automatic stabilizers diminish. In other words, such things as the large Food Stamp (SNAP) outlay that the RWNJs blame on Obama will fall dramatically on its own, reducing the deficit.
Wait, but your argument is more people on welfare stimulates.. So now that less people will be on welfare, according to YOU, this would crash the economy..

Once again, thats YOUR argument, and has been for YEARS..

Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How much spending did the Democrats cut in total? Compare that to the "austerity" countries. After that, compare it to Ryan's budget proposal and Paul's proposal, both fall under the austerity category and that definitely would have crashed the economy.
So Democrats cutting federal spending will not hurt the economy.

Republicans cutting federal spending will hurt the economy.

And you claim to be unbrainwashed. lols.

P.S. Neither will hurt the economy, spending cuts help the economy.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
yes, people earned more, exactly what I said.
The article spelled it out, so why do you have to take that tone?

Quote:
Because you guys whined and cried for YEARS, about how a recovery couldnt happen because of a "Republican Congress", and now that its taking place, you want to take credit for it. When you start being honest, I'll stop being bitter and disrespectful.
"You guys"? Show me where I took credit for anything. I am not even a Democrat. As for the GOP Congress, whoever made the comment is correct. The GOP Congress has done everything in their power to make recovery more difficult. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,180 times
Quote:
Wow, it must take a genius to understand that those who pay taxes, actually will pay more when they start making more. Did you figure that out all by yourself?

As for the rst of the garbage, economies run in 5-7 year cycles, the crash was in 2008, under economies left alone, we'd be at the top, now preparing to fall again..

You guys moaned non stop over the last year that Republicans were stopping a recovery, now its taking place after cuts, which you guys said was going to cause a crash, and your reply is that your side gets the credit? haha, is that how it works, cry that you cant get your way, and then celebrate that your way was wrong.. what a tool
The Dems score another victory .... and the Repubs are whining .... as usual.

Face it .... your side has done nothing but b-tch and moan for the past 5 years, and meanwhile, Obama and the Dems still managed to pull this country out of the Great Recession even with Repubs blocking their path nearly every step of the way.

I think both 2014 and 2016 are beginning to look real good for the Dems!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It sounds to me like you are bothered that Obama and the Dems in Congress were extremely successful at cutting down the annual deficit?

Another win for the Dems !!!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The article spelled it out, so why do you have to take that tone?

"You guys"? Show me where I took credit for anything. I am not even a Democrat. As for the GOP Congress, whoever made the comment is correct. The GOP Congress has done everything in their power to make recovery more difficult. They should be ashamed of themselves.
or more likely, your understanding of whats needed to have a recovery is totally screwed up and ridiculous.

CUTTING SPENDING DOES NOT CRASH THE ECONOMY..

Old 05-08-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The Dems score another victory .... and the Repubs are whining .... as usual.

Face it .... your side has done nothing but b-tch and moan for the past 5 years, and meanwhile, Obama and the Dems still managed to pull this country out of the Great Recession even with Repubs blocking their path nearly every step of the way.

I think both 2014 and 2016 are beginning to look real good for the Dems!
Who's whining? Pointing out that Democrats projected that the economy was going to crash due to the sequester, that jobs were going to be lossed, etc isnt whining. You dont like me pointing out how your economic theories are not only wrong, but utterly stupid, tough.

The economy will grow when GOVERNMENT stops interjecting itself into the economy. So if you are now saying Republicans are responsible for that stoppage, crediting Democrats is pretty dam dumb.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
or more likely, your understanding of whats needed to have a recovery is totally screwed up and ridiculous...
More anger and insults......

Have a nice day.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 AM

btw, the funniest part of all of this, you guys are saying Democrats were "extremely successful" at cutting the deficits.. goes to show you how much of a tool you guys are.. They are still 3 1/2 times the size of deficits under Bush, which you guys blamed for crashing the economy.

So Republican deficits bad, Democratic deficits good..

Anyone can cut their deficits if they massivly increase them first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies