Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:50 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The families of 17 SEAL Team 6 commandos who were killed in an ambush in Afghanistan during a helicopter flight to help Army Rangers pinned down by Taliban gunmen accused the Obama administration of deliberately endangering their loved ones for political ends. . .

One by one, fathers and mothers of the victims of the crash spoke about what they see as gaping holes or inconsistencies in the review of what U.S. Special Operations considers its most deadly incident.
The guys knew they were in danger as soon as the White House announced what team had gotten bin Laden.

Quote:
His father Billy Vaughn recounted Thursday a phone call from his son following the White House decision to credit the highly secretive military unit for the bin Laden raid.
"He said, 'Mom, there's chatter. My life is in danger. Your life is in danger. Get everything off your social media. Our families are in danger,' " Vaughn recalled.
And they are upset about our ridiculous rules of engagement, which limit the military's ability to fire when in danger.

Quote:
Military officials told her operating outside of these rules "damages our efforts to win the hearts and minds of our enemies."
"The hearts and minds of our enemy are more valuable to our government than my son's blood," she said. "We have an ideology problem with this war, and we need to address it."
Obama 'Put a Target on Their Backs', SEAL Team 6 Family Members Say - US News and World Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
He's trying to appease the world for historic U.S. dominance. They try to call it 'smart diplomacy'. It's really nothing but submission. And that creates a target on the back of all amerikans.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The guys knew they were in danger as soon as the White House announced what team had gotten bin Laden.
You think they fly around in choppers with huge SEAL TEAM-6 painted on the sides? No, they are in danger every day they are in Afghanistan, simply because that is the nature of war. If someone is killed in action, it is not always the president's fault. If the families was to make a political statement based on speculation, it is cetrainly their right, but it is simply their personal opinion.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Seal Team is called in to reinforce an Army unit under attack and their helo gets shot down by an RPG.

It's Obama's fault because he credited them for snuffing OBL.

Sounds like the usual right wing nuttiness.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
The Seal team should have never been mentioned. Only that Bin Laden was dead.
Yeah I think it was done for political purposes.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
yada yada yada

Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Not one single democrat will stand up and be counted on this. Barak Obama will not be taken to account. Liberals and thier media flunkies dont care about the military but they do care about their own power.

I was sick when I first heard what team was involved in the raid. I knew then this would happen. Sadly this is not a partisan issue. but liberals will circle the wagons and protect their own because to them everything is partisan.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Seal Team is called in to reinforce an Army unit under attack and their helo gets shot down by an RPG.

It's Obama's fault because he credited them for snuffing OBL.

Sounds like the usual right wing nuttiness.
Exept it wasnt right wingers making the accusations. It was the family members of the dead seals.

You can smile about dead seals if you like. I think it is rather serious business.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Just another manufactured right wing drama, right? Just like the dead Americans in Benghazi.

I love how people are willing to jump over the dead bodies to defend Obama on multiple issues.

The families and other service people are the ones accusing Obama (and Clinton) in both Benghazi and Seal Team 6.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Exept it wasnt right wingers making the accusations. It was the family members of the dead seals.
Maybe right wing Seal family members.

Quote:
You can smile about dead seals if you like.
No, you go ahead and smile about dead Seals. I'm laughing at another loony-tune right wing attempt to smear the president.

Quote:
I think it is rather serious business.
You think it's Obama's fault. Of course, all evil must have an Obama connection. And all good news is bad for America since Obama is still in office.

Please...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies