Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
We should get out of Afghanistan now.
The reason that we are there in the first place has nothing to do with terrorism or anything as noble. Over 85% of heroin in the world come from that region and a vast portion of that (60%) goes to Europe, Russia and China. The biggest goal is that Afghanistan has boatloads of earth minerals that as we speak is on one end being negoitated by China while the U.S is trying to take by force on the other.

Afghanistan Holds Enormous Bounty of Rare Earths, Minerals ...

Who uses most of the world's heroin? - San Francisco Health …
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 PM

374 posts, read 509,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This is true, while the uniformed are constantly arguing on which oppressor is worst, the dumbocrats or the refuticans not realizing that neither one can give a rat's butt about the American people as a whole. Why do you think many of them leave politics as multi-millionaires?
I may have posted to the wrong poster here,if so excuse me please,I'll have to go back and see who I thought I was postign to.

No your wrong about most of this. You need to get informed before you debate about this subject. I'm old but informed. Don't have computer skills and can't type,but I do know what I'm talking about here.

Also I don't just blame the Seals or military ,the people in this nation should not allow them to be in danger unless its to protect us. I'm not talking about most anti war hacks either,they have agendas.

What I've seen back from Korea and VNam is horrible for our young men.I still see it today at my dr.s offcie when soem coem in blind or horribly maimed. We did this allowing ourselves to worship leaders instead of paying attention to what they are doing.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 PM

374 posts, read 509,910 times
Quote:
I wil not argue with you there since this is one of the things that Obama is doing that really pisses me off and has control over. There are people on side of the spectrum that want to attack the Taliban regardless of how many of our military dies and on the other hand there are those who do not want any of our military over there but still want to "feel safe". The solution, lets just send drones over there controlled by kids fresh out of high school to bomb suspected "targets" Opps! An occasional death here and there means very little to many of the misinformed here, just like the cruise missles that were sent to the middle east during Clinton's reign. Do you really think that they hit all of their targets? Could it have been possible that a few Mosques, schools and hospital were hit as well?

BGM-109 Tomahawk - Smart Weapons - GlobalSecurity.org - …

Its a sad world we live in now.And I'm not proud of my country as much as I once was. I'm more ashamed of it lately. Makes no sense to keep inviting in radicals then say 'war on terror'.

Also the worst one of them is Saudi Arabia and they are our only muslim allies. Common sense is gone.

Who said a nation of sheep will be governed by wolves? Too much info out there now for anyone to act so ignorant.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you seriously trying to sell me the idea that the Taliban is only interested in killing SEAL Team-6 members, and no one else? They will shoot at any US helicopter and in this case they were lucky enough to hit one with an RPG. I happen to know some people who served in Afghanistan, and they were not SEALs, but got shot at anyway. But if it makes you happier thinking it is some kind of conspiracy, then you go right ahead.
The thread is about 17 Navy Seals, not the entire military. I also know, people serving in Afghanistan (and served in Iraq), who are part of the Navy Seals. One is dead - shot in the back by an infiltrator who was being trained to join the Afghanistsan army to defend his country, a young man who my friend took under his wing and treated him like a "son", only to be murdered by him. The infiltrator developed a level of trust to the point that he was allowed to carry a weapon.

I can think as I please, as you can think as you please and if it makes you happy to believe it was nothing more than a "lucky shot", so be it. As for a "conspiracy", I don't think I expressed one, other than the possibiity that it wasn't a "lucky shot".

Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzpatriot View Post
I thought it was Biden who let it slip that it was Seal Team 6 that got Osama.
I mentioned that earlier but obviously people have only two gears. The first one is "Obama", the other is "Failure".

Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsman_King View Post
Obama DID in fact release that info.

Who else did?

The Obama lovers have an excuse for everything.

The thing is, he is/was too stupid to even know what he was releasing or doing at the time.

He's a buffoon.....and a moron.
You seem to be missing a few posts. You also seem to missing a core fact.

Quote:
At a Pentagon briefing on May 2, a defense official was asked if it was a Navy SEAL team that found and killed the world's most wanted man. The terse response was: "Not going to comment on units or numbers."

The next day, Vice President Joe Biden spoke at Washington's Ritz Carlton Hotel at a dinner event to mark the 50th anniversary of the Atlantic Council. "Let me briefly acknowledge tonight's distinguished honorees," he said. "Adm. James Stavridis is the real deal. He can tell you more about and understands the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALs and what they did last Sunday."

The RPG that felled the SEALs may have been a random act of war. The Taliban could have just gotten lucky. Or they could have been plotting and waiting for revenge, looking for helicopters that might be carrying more SEALs on another mission, a big bull's-eye painted on their backs by a vice president who forgot that loose lips sink ships — and can get Navy SEALs killed.

How did the Taliban pull it off? Why were the SEALs packed into an aging, slow-moving Chinook helicopter flying at low altitude? Were they on a mission only they could pull off or were they being overused to save a failed Afghan strategy where the emphasis is on leaving and not winning? This, too, happened on President Obama's watch.

A scant couple of weeks after bin Laden's death, Oxford, Conn.-based toy maker Herobuilders created a super-bad SEAL Team Six replica of the 44th president in full urban fatigue gear, wearing a "Punisher" T-shirt with "6" painted on it and carrying a military issue M4A1 rifle.
Did Biden Out SEAL Team 6? - Investors.com

You think that toy figure with the number "6" gave something away?? That some terrorist in the US saw it and relayed that back to someone on the other side, who relayed it to someone else, until it reached the Taliban?? The Taliban/terrorists are not stupid people as many people would like to think they are.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
First off I'm not anti war,and especially not anti military,but I am anti-illegal wars.
Seal Teams have lost many of their conrads under Hillery and Obama.If they are'nt flying around in enemy terrirtory in a heli almost as slow as a blimp they are being killed without backup somewhere else.
That is something I don't understand. The Seals flew in on stealth helicopters out of Afghanistan to get OBL, yet they get some piece of antiquated crap to fly over a war zone?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 AM

Quote:
So what you are saying is that if there were three helicopters with three different groups of SEALs they would have just shot down SEAL TEAM 6?
Is that the answer you got when you put my post into google translator???

Old 05-10-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Nope, he just had "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" sign wearing a flight suit that he had no business having.
I guess Obama should have take a cue from Bush and had a flight jacket on with "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - I KILLED OSAMA BIN LADEN" written on the back.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
In order to get the idiots to read it, you first have to make it seem that they should not be allowed to read in the first place. That makes it sell better
Yeah, anyone who "reads" is an idiot, especially books written by people who are telling about their personal experiences.

Pretty much how an idiot can only see one side and won't even consider that there may be another possibility to any given situation, because they are so sure that they are right and there is only one way, and that would be the way they think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies