Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Do you even know how many mind alterign drugs our troops are 'FORCED' to take when ordered by their higher ranks? Just so they can pull another tour in thse wars? Some are taking drugs that are never suppose to be taken together,more vets are commitiing suicide now than in the history of the world not just here and now.
Due to the shortage of military manpower in Afghanistan (along with an equipment shortage), the troops are going out on missions longer than they should and are forced to take stimulants to stay awake and valium to sleep, and pills for malaria, probably anti-depressants, and who knows what else. They are functioning on cocktails that are causing mistakes and suicides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 02:11 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Rules for Radicals will pounce on thsi but, check out whos doing most of the dying and whos gettign injiured the most,its 85% young white men. Yet everytime you see an picture of troops its mpostly minorities in it suggesting that they are the majority of our troops which is deliberate lies.

Far as I'm concerned race does'nt matter,but to the war mongers it does for reasons most will say are lies.

We have a nation full of new immigrants yet 99.9% don't join our military,why is this? Some that do kill other troops. Don't believe it check it out for yourself or just call me a liar and a racist,that has worked so far to cove up the facts.
What ever are you going on about?

"Thousands of immigrants were so eager to enlist in the U.S. military during the past two years, despite the strong odds that they could be sent to combat zones, that they signed a petition on Facebook asking the Pentagon to let them join."

Pentagon reopens program allowing some immigrants to enlist - The Denver Post

And:

Undocumented Immigrants Push For Military Service Under Deferred Action

Finally:

"From September, 2001, through fiscal year 2011, the US government naturalized as citizens 74,977 military personnel, according to government statistics. Last year alone over 10,000 were sworn in. "

Obama speaks at troop naturalization ceremony. Can immigrants join US military? - CSMonitor.com

Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
No, I'm saying it's a possibility. I don't disagree with you because what you are saying is also a possibility. Are you going to say that it is not possible that a Taliban terrorist infiltrated our military, was on a base, saw something or overheard something and didn't pass it along?

I don't look for "conspiracies", I look at possibilities.
OK. Fair enough. Anything is possible, but IMO the Taliban knew reinforcements would arrive because they had the Rangers under fire, and reenforcements always arrive is such situations. I don't think they knew who was in the chopper and I think they were prepared to attempt to down the chopper no matter who was in it. This is what makes most sense to me.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Is that the answer you got when you put my post into google translator???
The point that I was making is that they could have just as well targeted any helicopter not knowing who was in it just because it was a military helicopter. This is something that we will never know.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I guess Obama should have take a cue from Bush and had a flight jacket on with "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - I KILLED OSAMA BIN LADEN" written on the back.
Why should he have done that? I think that you missed my point, for bush to done a flight jacket (that he had no business wearing) and proclaim something that he had no clue about ended up costing many more lives.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, anyone who "reads" is an idiot, especially books written by people who are telling about their personal experiences.

Pretty much how an idiot can only see one side and won't even consider that there may be another possibility to any given situation, because they are so sure that they are right and there is only one way, and that would be the way they think.

Please list the number of books written by active duty members about what they did while on active duty and then we can talk. He was advised not to write the book at that time in the first place, so why did he do it anyway?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I agree with the families that the identity of Seal Team 6 should have never been revealed. I don't doubt that the one mom was told to wipe her social media clean (I know of a non-Seal family that was advised to do that too). I also agree that the rules of engagement suck. As far as the use of the older helicopter, it was probably the only one operational at the time (pure speculation on my part). My kid's friend (who flies over there) says the equipment is in maintenance all the time because of sand.
That is true from my own personal experiences being there.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Hmmm, I think you forgot something.

Right wing chicken hawks:

Little Ms. two dollar a gallon gasoline herself, like she has any credibility.

Yes, operating outside of what and how the military tells members and family members how to act and properly engage public and media is important for the military member's safety, the member's family's safety, and for operatives in the field safety, and to the people who are friendly to our troops and personnel in the region. Loose lips sink ships.

Craig Ferguson could have been a member of ST 6, Obama didn't out anyone.
9 times out of 10, when there's a secret and dirty job to be done, ST's get the call, which is not a secret.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/13/wo...pagewanted=all

Military vehicles, trucks, tanks, armored cars, planes, helos don't have NAVY SEAL TEAM plastered on them, in the taliban's case here, it was a lucky shot for them, nothing more or less.

You just don't hop aboard an aircraft, grab a gun and begin firing indiscriminately, there ARE rules of engagement.

Type of aircraft used? Using the older model could have been to try to cover a clandestine operation, do you think the taliban doesn't know how to identify helicopters? They've been shooting them out of the air since the war with Russia.

The families motivation for giving a press conference to conservative media outlets smells to the high heavens of politics, can't you see that OP?
The whole thing was sponsored by those cowardly chicken hawks and who war criminal (west). I doubt of not even half of them ever served in the first place

Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Didn't all you Liberals go bughouse when the Bush administration let slip about the CIA operative (female) and how her life and that of her family was in peril ? As the WW2 axiom goes "loose lips sinks ships" somethings are better off not said and the operations of Navy Seals is one....

Big difference when you "out" an active agent in the mist of a mission out of political revenge and parading around individuals who did their job, considering there were a hell of alot more people that knew their identities than hers.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
The real question is whos idea was it to put that many special forces in one old slow moving heli to begin with.

No way do they put 33 SFs on a contraption like that in heavy war zones,they don't risk that many well trained troops unless something is up.

I guess that you forgot about the inadequate equipment that the marines/soliders had in the begining of the Iraq war. The defense contractors (read Haliburton) cutting back on much needed things in order to make more money

I also can't believe the poor souls allowed themselves to be put in such a possition. I cried when I heard they killed another group of men who worked so hard to train and then die for politics and IMO theres a traitor in the mix somewhere.

This is no different that what the top brass have done in the military for centuries, have you ever heard of "acceptable losses" or worst than that "cannon fodder" They did it in the Civil war, WWI, WWII, Korean and Vietnam this won't be the last time that they do it either. Btw, military strategy comes from the war room. The politicians state an objective and the top brass figure out a way to do it.

I don't care who is in the OutHouse,nobody is on the side of this nation and unless your on happy pills all know this by now.No independant, dem or repub.

Nobody has yet told me why Obama thinks the call to morning muslim prayer is sooooooo beautiful, yet he insults crhitians everry chance he gets [ clinging to our guns AND RELIGION ].Why he all of them in past 40 yr.s keep handing nations over to islam,yet they are the ones they blame for terror.

Apparently you like so many others only see one side of the equation. I think that it is ironic that no one even mentions the cruise missles that were sent in most cases off course and killed thousands of innocent men, women and children. I don't agree with Obama alot but he is right about the guns and religion. Look at the country now, the NRA has the country by the balls and there are just as many nutty azz christians as there are terroristic muslims

I think the NWO are using islamic religion to take control of us all.Soon as they are done with them ,they too will be brought under control.Just my opinion on what I have seen last 40 yr.s.

The NWO are using the three major religions to fight each other just like they have been doing for thousands of years before, it is just now they have bigger and more distruction weapons to do it with.

The catholics did the same thing when they created islam in the 1400s. They used islam to take N.Africa and enslave its people. Then set up black slave masters who sold to the world,its all been in ther plan since the anciant Nimrod AKA Isirus first built the first empire in Babylon.This is why you see those huge replicas of male sex organs all over the world,called obiliest,Washington Mounument ,The Vatican,near every mosque,on every church and in front of most major nation capitals.

History check, Islam is older than Catholism I'm not sure about the rest of what you are saying is true either

First they destroyed Africa ,then Pakastan,much of asia,middle east and europe is now basically controlled by these radicals and they have special protections no other religion on earth has.

Really? What protection do they have?

They think allah is handing them the world,but in fact its more like Lucifer than allah from what I see.And lucifer and his cohorts will soon turn on them .Just my take on things.
Man and his quest for riches accompanied with an unsatisfied greed and power is his own devil. It is real easy to blame one religion over another when in a fact they all are to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies