Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 03:06 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times

Advertisements

I agree with the families that the identity of Seal Team 6 should have never been revealed. I don't doubt that the one mom was told to wipe her social media clean (I know of a non-Seal family that was advised to do that too). I also agree that the rules of engagement suck. As far as the use of the older helicopter, it was probably the only one operational at the time (pure speculation on my part). My kid's friend (who flies over there) says the equipment is in maintenance all the time because of sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The guys knew they were in danger as soon as the White House announced what team had gotten bin Laden.

And they are upset about our ridiculous rules of engagement, which limit the military's ability to fire when in danger.

Obama 'Put a Target on Their Backs', SEAL Team 6 Family Members Say - US News and World Report
Hmmm, I think you forgot something.
Quote:
While the press conference was long on speculation and short on concrete evidence, the family members and their supporters didn't pull any punches.
Quote:
The event was organized by Freedom Watch, a conservative advocacy group, at the National Press Club.
Right wing chicken hawks:
Quote:
Some congressional lawmakers demonstrated their support for the group, including former Florida Republican Rep. Allan West -- an Iraq war vet -- and Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.
Little Ms. two dollar a gallon gasoline herself, like she has any credibility.

Yes, operating outside of what and how the military tells members and family members how to act and properly engage public and media is important for the military member's safety, the member's family's safety, and for operatives in the field safety, and to the people who are friendly to our troops and personnel in the region. Loose lips sink ships.

Craig Ferguson could have been a member of ST 6, Obama didn't out anyone.
9 times out of 10, when there's a secret and dirty job to be done, ST's get the call, which is not a secret.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/13/wo...pagewanted=all

Military vehicles, trucks, tanks, armored cars, planes, helos don't have NAVY SEAL TEAM plastered on them, in the taliban's case here, it was a lucky shot for them, nothing more or less.

You just don't hop aboard an aircraft, grab a gun and begin firing indiscriminately, there ARE rules of engagement.

Quote:
It is not uncommon for commandos to fly some of their missions aboard such aircraft in the war zone, however.

She also said the team was hindered by rules of engagement that prohibited their firing on potential targets unless they could see a weapon. Military officials told her operating outside of these rules "damages our efforts to win the hearts and minds of our enemies."
Type of aircraft used? Using the older model could have been to try to cover a clandestine operation, do you think the taliban doesn't know how to identify helicopters? They've been shooting them out of the air since the war with Russia.

The families motivation for giving a press conference to conservative media outlets smells to the high heavens of politics, can't you see that OP?

Old 05-10-2013, 03:46 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,105,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
He's trying to appease the world for historic U.S. dominance. They try to call it 'smart diplomacy'. It's really nothing but submission. And that creates a target on the back of all amerikans.
9/11 was an inside job - and the whole "getting Bin Laden" thing was a farce

Old 05-10-2013, 04:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its very hypocritical to say in one breath that they should be honored for doing their job, and then say who cares that they died, they were doing their job..
And I'd say you are flat out lying when you claim I said "who cares", because I did not say that. But then again, all you'll ever do is lie and misrepresent other people's comments.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Osama Bin Laden has been dead...

In a year they will roll out some pictures after endlessly editing and doctoring and everybody will say...

"SEE!!! HE'S DEAD AND THERE IS YOUR PROOF....IN YOUR FAZZZE HNNNNHHHH!!! TAKE THAT ZTUPID REPUBTARDIKKKENZ TROLOLOLOL"

Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I can think as I please, as you can think as you please and if it makes you happy to believe it was nothing more than a "lucky shot", so be it. As for a "conspiracy", I don't think I expressed one, other than the possibiity that it wasn't a "lucky shot".
Yes, you need some luck to bring down a helicopter with an RPG. Lucky, because an RPG is short range weapon and not designed to be used as an anti-aircraft weapon. The shooter would have to be lucky enough to have a helicopter get very close to him for him to take the shot, and even then he is far more likely to miss it than hit it.

What makes your statement sound like a conspiracy is the fact that you are trying to imply the Taliban shot at the helicopter only because they knew SEAL Team-6 was in it. I am saying they would have taken the shot no matter who was in it, and most likely they had no idea who was in it. I am just being realistic here.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
Didn't all you Liberals go bughouse when the Bush administration let slip about the CIA operative (female) and how her life and that of her family was in peril ? As the WW2 axiom goes "loose lips sinks ships" somethings are better off not said and the operations of Navy Seals is one....

Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The guys knew they were in danger as soon as the White House announced what team had gotten bin Laden.

And they are upset about our ridiculous rules of engagement, which limit the military's ability to fire when in danger.

Obama 'Put a Target on Their Backs', SEAL Team 6 Family Members Say - US News and World Report
And the families know exactly what?
The answer would be nothing.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:33 AM

374 posts, read 510,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
9/11 was an inside job - and the whole "getting Bin Laden" thing was a farce

Of course it was.I think Osama has been dead for years.He had kidney failure years ago,on dialesis.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM

374 posts, read 510,004 times
The real question is whos idea was it to put that many special forces in one old slow moving heli to begin with.

No way do they put 33 SFs on a contraption like that in heavy war zones,they don't risk that many well trained troops unless something is up.

I also can't believe the poor souls allowed themselves to be put in such a possition. I cried when I heard they killed another group of men who worked so hard to train and then die for politics and IMO theres a traitor in the mix somewhere.

I don't care who is in the OutHouse,nobody is on the side of this nation and unless your on happy pills all know this by now.No independant, dem or repub.

Nobody has yet told me why Obama thinks the call to morning muslim prayer is sooooooo beautiful, yet he insults crhitians everry chance he gets [ clinging to our guns AND RELIGION ].Why he all of them in past 40 yr.s keep handing nations over to islam,yet they are the ones they blame for terror.

I think the NWO are using islamic religion to take control of us all.Soon as they are done with them ,they too will be brought under control.Just my opinion on what I have seen last 40 yr.s.

The catholics did the same thing when they created islam in the 1400s. They used islam to take N.Africa and enslave its people. Then set up black slave masters who sold to the world,its all been in ther plan since the anciant Nimrod AKA Isirus first built the first empire in Babylon.This is why you see those huge replicas of male sex organs all over the world,called obiliest,Washington Mounument ,The Vatican,near every mosque,on every church and in front of most major nation capitals.

First they destroyed Africa ,then Pakastan,much of asia,middle east and europe is now basically controlled by these radicals and they have special protections no other religion on earth has.

They think allah is handing them the world,but in fact its more like Lucifer than allah from what I see.And lucifer and his cohorts will soon turn on them .Just my take on things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies