Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 02:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I've read numerous books, and I'm not about to list them. Why should I, do you want to give your personal opinion as to the validity of the content?

You are referring to one book that you probably didn't bother to read (if you have read any at all). Not only does one learn about what our military go through fighting this "war" but one also gains insight as to the terrain, the logistics that hamper them, and the conditions and challenges our military face. The "mission" the forces were on was a set up by the Taliban. The Taliban set up to ambush the helicopter on two mountains which would enable them to attack from both sides as the helicopter had to pass through a valley. I'm sure you already knew that. Is it not possible that they knew who was aboard? I'm not saying definitively that they knew who was on board, I'm saying it is a possibility that they knew. Are you aware of something called "blue on green" attacks? Insurgents? Unlike you, you seem to actually know, or can't be open minded enough to think that there may be a possibility. Seeing as how you nor I don't know, one of us could be right or both of us could be wrong.
What I was alluding to is that active duty personel are highly discouraged from writing about what they do while on active duty. The books that you have read more then likely comes from a third source or retirees (which accounts for the detail descriptions)
It is a possiblity that they could have known but it is still unlikely, besides if another helicopter flies that same route (which it will) and gets shot down does that make it likely that they knew who was on board or was it because it was an American helicopter. This is something that we will never know. My whole arguemnet in general is that Obama can be blamed for many things but this is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Obama protects himself with lies.. if the Bin Laden operation turned into a disaster Obama wanted far from it.. because it was a success Obama toots his horn... the coward. he can't bare to tarnish his stinking image, so it covers it will lies and more layers of lies to cover for his lies. Obama is dirty!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama protects himself with lies.. if the Bin Laden operation turned into a disaster Obama wanted far from it.. because it was a success Obama toots his horn... the coward. he can't bare to tarnish his stinking image, so it covers it will lies and more layers of lies to cover for his lies. Obama is dirty!

So is Congress and the Senate and to some exent the S.C so why single out one rat in the nest?

Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Latinos and muslism make up what percentage of this nation now? What percentage are in the age group for the military compared to whites and non muslim or latino blacks?

No way are 17% of muslim, latino and other new immigrants,indians,chinese,Vietmanese military age troops 17%! In comparrison to whites and non muslim blacks the numbers are less than 1%.

Also look whos dying and whos on the front lines. This narrors the margins even more to whites being in the 85% range. Go to

www.anysoldier.com

And see whos in the pictures doing the fighting,its not women or minorities. If the truth hurts its not my fault,I'm just the messenger. Then look who votes for Obama,its mostly women,blacks and latinos and other new immigrants,not white young men who join the army.

Now does thsi eman that we don'ty have a few minoritys who love this nation and want to serve,not at all,just very few unless its to get a green card or get out of jail free card.
The percentage of latinos in US is 16%, so if 17% all recruits in the military are latinos, then your claim about 99,9% of latinos not joinig the military is false. Plain and simple.

Also, if most people voting for obama were minorities, and yet he received over 50% votes, then that could only mean whites are the minority, and minorities are actually the majority, which would not even make any sense.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Jeezus, do liberals EVER do anything besides spout the same old crap in retort? EVER?!

No matter what thread it is, no matter the subject, if The Annointed One is to blame, the liberals will rally around and say the following:

"They knew that when they signed up."

"Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! zOMG, BUSH!!!!!!!!"

"Another made up right wing conspiracy..."

"Faux News"

"It had nothing to do with our government..."

"It's not Obama's fault...."

"racist!"

We are talking about the lives of American citizens. Whether that be in Benghazi or Seals or Border Patrol agents or any other American who has been targeted, the liberals repeat the same thing.

Do any of you have any ability to see anything without your blatant bias? ANYTHING AT ALL? Is it impossible for you to dissect ANY story and be open to the possibility that this administration HAS done things wrong, very wrong? Does anyone with a D behind their name get a complete pass no matter what it is?

I would love, FOR ONCE, to see a liberal come on here and say, "You know, I like and voted for Obama. I believe in a lot of what he stands for and I'm glad and proud he is our President but THIS was unacceptable and people need to be held accountable."

CAN ANY OF YOU do that?!

Or is this some childish game to you? Because you sound like children on the playground. How many of these issues are going to be over looked? How many times are you going to turn your head and refuse to see what the hell is right. in. front. of. you?!

A snake could come up, bite you in the face, fill you with poisonous venom, and as you lie on the ground, dying, you would REFUSE to admit the snake bit you if it meant making the D party look bad.

You all disgust me.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Jeezus, do liberals EVER do anything besides spout the same old crap in retort? EVER?!

No matter what thread it is, no matter the subject, if The Annointed One is to blame, the liberals will rally around and say the following:

"Faux News"

"racist!"

We are talking about the lives of American citizens. Whether that be in Benghazi or Seals or Border Patrol agents or any other American who has been targeted, the liberals repeat the same thing.

Do any of you have any ability to see anything without your blatant bias? ANYTHING AT ALL? Is it impossible for you to dissect ANY story and be open to the possibility that this administration HAS done things wrong, very wrong? Does anyone with a D behind their name get a complete pass no matter what it is?

I would love, FOR ONCE, to see a liberal come on here and say, "You know, I like and voted for Obama. I believe in a lot of what he stands for and I'm glad and proud he is our President but THIS was unacceptable and people need to be held accountable."

CAN ANY OF YOU do that?!

Or is this some childish game to you? Because you sound like children on the playground. How many of these issues are going to be over looked? How many times are you going to turn your head and refuse to see what the hell is right. in. front. of. you?!

A snake could come up, bite you in the face, fill you with poisonous venom, and as you lie on the ground, dying, you would REFUSE to admit the snake bit you if it meant making the D party look bad.

You all disgust me.

I have no probelm calling a snake a snake but it seems like many on the right are so used to blame Obama from everything like high gas prices to minor military operations that go wrong. The uninformed blame the economy on him completely while ignoring the fact that the Congress holds the federal purse strings and completely forgot about the leading republicans pledge to block everything that he does. Does the "Norquist Pledge" ring a bell to you? I guess many "liberals" would proably would not be so defensive of Obama if the right wing would be more realistic in what they blame him for. Personally if I had my way I would call "Mulligan" and get rid of everyone in D.C who has held office more than one term and start all over.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:35 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

"Faux News"

"racist!"

CAN ANY OF YOU do that?!

You all disgust me.
I honestly have no clue what you're yammering about.

Yes, it's sad that 30 soldiers were killed while on a rescue mission in a fight against the Taliban. Yes, I'm glad that the military did an investigation.

But the OP here appears to be a bunch of conspiracy-theorist drivel. The only reason you can think of for the Taliban to attack a US helicopter is because some of the people on board were a part of the same Navy Seal group that killed Bin Laden? Seriously?

The fact is, they've been fighting our soldier for over a decade now, and they've occasionally succeeding in killing our soldiers for the same length of time. That's what war is about, and that's one thing to take into account before declaring a war. Sorry, but soldiers dying in a just war (which the war in Afghanistan is) is not only acceptable, it's inevitable. And to whine about how evil Obama is about it is exactly the sort of behavior which you claim disgusts you.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 PM

374 posts, read 510,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I can agree with you there on quite a few counts. One of the things that I have always questioned is; why does the Vactican hold so much wealth but yet hoardes it from it's people?

Also I wonder where does the Vatican get all that money? The majority of their worshippers are poor people. Some say it came from the Temple Treasures of Solomon? This is a far stretch but nothing surprises me anymore.Also they are rumored to be in cohoots with lots of major corporations.Behind the scenes maybe?

Last edited by pokesalad4u2; 05-11-2013 at 05:01 PM..

Old 05-11-2013, 04:41 PM

374 posts, read 510,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Because you didn't "hear" about it, means it doesn't happen? You served in Afghanistan? I don't know what the British and French troops do, and what do they have to do with the discussion? I guess alot of Vietnam vets didn't come back as heroin addicts as well seeing as how heroin was never an issue in Vietnam.

Yea right,thats why Honoi was one big fat opiuim den . Many of our guys came back here smoking that stuff,hashsh or something they called it. I know my firedn ask how they could use that little bit of 'hash'? We never heard of the stuff until then,except in corned beef hash.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Also I wonder where does the Vatican get all that money? The majority of their worshippers are poor people. Some say it came from the Temple Treasures of Solomon? This is a far stretch but nothing surprises me anymore.Also they are rumordd to be in cohhots with lots of major corporations.Behind the scenes maybe?
They have been robbing from the rich (monarchies) as well as the poor for centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies