Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 PM

374 posts, read 510,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
My theory of the spread of Islam in the world comes from the fact that it is the only religion that is anti-(western) Capitialism and many poor countries are tired of their lands being raped by western companies.

I understand that too. But the cruelty in islam was happening long before the west was involved. The way they treat women and other religious people is terrible. I've seen films of them taking women out into the middle of staduims or arenas and stoning,beheading or shooting them while the whole staiuim applauded,including thousands of other women. Chopping off of limbs for small offenses. This is in their quran not writen by some westerrn poet or horror writer. Its like hitler somehow bewitched all of germany except a few to do terrible things to people.Not just jews either,they killed many others too. Along with the help of those who really rule the world but not known by it.

But yes we have robbed many of theri resources,polluted their lands and caused much suffering. Who rules the world is an evil force that was only bridled for short periods throughout history by good people standign up,but thats changed now,most people are too invovled in self to worry about anyone else and its a live for today mentality.

I just hope to save whats left of my soul,because it seems my future is dim.of course I'm an old person now so that too makes you think when yoyu know time is running short.

Glad your sons out of that 'complex'.Wish the rest would refuse to do their bidding too. I get tired of crying for these poor decieved souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 11:41 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
My whole arguemnet in general is that Obama can be blamed for many things but this is not one of them.
And on this I totally agree with you. Our government, as a whole, needs to get back to the business of governing the country. Fix the real issues that need to be fixed in the interest of the people and the country and stop the mud slinging, blame game, and all the other BS that is nothing but self-serving. We are so divided as a country with a government that is failing us, and the world is sitting back watching how we are eating each other.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
What part of "I worked in Medical Command" don't you understand? You do realize that any medications that the troops get including condoms comes from the medical unit as well testing for drugs that may hamper one's duty. The herion and marijuana use that happened in Vietnam happened because it could not be stopped and in most cases it was tolerated because as long as they were doing their jobs many commanders looked the other way. Oh, btw the French and the British worked side by side with the american troops and whatever they had more than likely the Americans had as well.
I see that your service was many years ago and not during the Afghanistan war. Safe to assume that you actually don't know what is taking place with the troops in Afghanistan and things have changed since your service. As the military command turned it's head during the Vietnam war when our troops were consuming heroin to get through that war, it's doing the same thing in Afghanistan, except they are providing what they can to see that our troops to fight their war. You can't assume that what goes on in a country where we are based where there is no war, and what is going on in a country where we are actively at war.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That was a betrayal by 0bama, to call out and name of the people who killed Bin Laden, did he turn those men into a political bargaining chip?
Obama did not call out TS 6. It was Biden. Following that call out was a toymaker who made an action figure with Bush in military gear with "6" on it.

Quote:
At a Pentagon briefing on May 2, a defense official was asked if it was a Navy SEAL team that found and killed the world's most wanted man. The terse response was: "Not going to comment on units or numbers."

The next day, Vice President Joe Biden spoke at Washington's Ritz Carlton Hotel at a dinner event to mark the 50th anniversary of the Atlantic Council. "Let me briefly acknowledge tonight's distinguished honorees," he said. "Adm. James Stavridis is the real deal. He can tell you more about and understands the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALs and what they did last Sunday."
Did Biden Out SEAL Team 6? - Investors.com

You would think that Biden would know that loose lips sink ships, but he was wallowing in Obama's "glory", and probably kicked back a few and let loose. People should direct their anger toward the person who released that information, which is Biden.

I don't support Obama, but let's at least put the blame for outing ST6 where it belongs.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 AM

764 posts, read 597,497 times
Please. If Obama didn't mention Seal Team Six, the right wingers who are suddenly jumping on this claims would have delusionally yelled about how "BAMA SED IT WAZ ALL HIM NOT MILITARY SEALS". Oh wait, that's still what they said despite the fact that Obama's address DOCUMENTED ON VIDEO to the entire country, giving credit to all involved.

Also, what's the political gain from mentioning the name of the group? Isn't playing a major role in taking out the worlds most wanted man enough of a political gain?

Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Please. If Obama didn't mention Seal Team Six, the right wingers who are suddenly jumping on this claims would have delusionally yelled about how "BAMA SED IT WAZ ALL HIM NOT MILITARY SEALS". Oh wait, that's still what they said despite the fact that Obama's address DOCUMENTED ON VIDEO to the entire country, giving credit to all involved.

Also, what's the political gain from mentioning the name of the group? Isn't playing a major role in taking out the worlds most wanted man enough of a political gain?
May 2 - OBL killed
May 3 - Biden outs ST6.

Giving credit to "all involved" isn't exactly naming names is it? Where on the video did Obama, in his address, specifically mention ST6 or Seal Team? I recall him taking credit for getting OBL and as a footnote thanking all involved.

Again, I'm not defending Obama, just pointing out an inaccuracy. You want to overlook the fact that it was Biden? Go ahead, if it makes you feel better.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
I understand that too. But the cruelty in islam was happening long before the west was involved. The way they treat women and other religious people is terrible. I've seen films of them taking women out into the middle of staduims or arenas and stoning,beheading or shooting them while the whole staiuim applauded,including thousands of other women. Chopping off of limbs for small offenses. This is in their quran not writen by some westerrn poet or horror writer. Its like hitler somehow bewitched all of germany except a few to do terrible things to people.Not just jews either,they killed many others too. Along with the help of those who really rule the world but not known by it.

I thought this as well until I went to Rhiyad SA and visited Chop-Chop Square were criminals were publicaly executed and maimed. They look at our culture were women are sexually paraded around in skimpy clothing and are openly disrespected and defiled by men. There really is not that much of a difference between the Bible, Torah and the Quran except that there is not much leeway in the Quran everything is taken literally and has not changed in hundreds of years. There are over 150 differrent versions of Christianity each has a different intepretation of the word of God. the Torah which technically has a closer relationship to the Quran is not as strict, but many of the rules are the same but not so brutially enforced.

Getting back to my original thought; When I was there I noticed that they do not have the same social probelms that western countries have because of it's strict interpretation of Islam. Women are covered to keep men from being tempted by the flesh. In their minds they are protecting their women from the weakness of man which is lust. There infidelity is unacceptable and is not tolerated, unfortunately women are always to blame for the weakness of men. Islam, like every other major religion is male dominated, and it shows. They are harsher on crime, but it shows throughout their society with virtually no drug usage, prostitution, robberies or murders.

But yes we have robbed many of theri resources,polluted their lands and caused much suffering. Who rules the world is an evil force that was only bridled for short periods throughout history by good people standign up,but thats changed now,most people are too invovled in self to worry about anyone else and its a live for today mentality.

Because Americans for the most part are so caught up in nonsense like Housewives of I dont give damn, Honeydoodoo, American Idoless and a variety of other dumb reality shows. It was so damn bad that our "leaders" sent our young men and women to fight a war and could tell the difference between the two largest factions there (****es and Sunnis). To make matters worst over half of the country could not find Iraq on a map! Most of us will not search out our research even if it is readily available, but would rather have some ignorant talking windbag like rush or hannity tell them what and how to think.

I just hope to save whats left of my soul,because it seems my future is dim.of course I'm an old person now so that too makes you think when yoyu know time is running short.

Glad your sons out of that 'complex'.Wish the rest would refuse to do their bidding too. I get tired of crying for these poor decieved souls.

Don't worry it is just a matter of time before the world elite lose control of the totally stupid and greedy and blow themselves up. Hopefully, before they are able to get to another planet and start the same thing all over again

Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And on this I totally agree with you. Our government, as a whole, needs to get back to the business of governing the country. Fix the real issues that need to be fixed in the interest of the people and the country and stop the mud slinging, blame game, and all the other BS that is nothing but self-serving. We are so divided as a country with a government that is failing us, and the world is sitting back watching how we are eating each other.
For some reason this is the reason why the so called "terrorist" hate us, not because the talking bobbleheads say that they hate our freedom but our stupidity. Some years ago I remember talking to a nurse from Isreal and she was asking me why do Americans put some much energy into sports and entertainment instead of worldwide events. Sadly I could not even answer her, but it made me realize that it along with the political bickering is nothing more but a diversion to what is really going on in this country. The wealthy politicians and their cohorts have managed to pit the poor against those who think that they are well off against one another. The powers to be have made people forget about the basic tenets of a harmonious life, which is to love and help one another. It became white vs brown, white vs black, Christian vs Jew, Christian vs Muslim, conservative vs liberal and now rich vs poor. As long as we continue to fight amongst each other, those in real power will keep getting more and more powerful at everyone else's expense.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I see that your service was many years ago and not during the Afghanistan war. Safe to assume that you actually don't know what is taking place with the troops in Afghanistan and things have changed since your service. As the military command turned it's head during the Vietnam war when our troops were consuming heroin to get through that war, it's doing the same thing in Afghanistan, except they are providing what they can to see that our troops to fight their war. You can't assume that what goes on in a country where we are based where there is no war, and what is going on in a country where we are actively at war.

The biggest difference from the Vietnam war and the present one is that the military has taken a stronger stance on drug usage while on active duty. Besides that the men and women still do not have an idea why or what we are fighting for except what they are told. From my understanding Vietnam was considered a "conflict" and war has not been declared on Afghanistan either. So in that sense it is pretty much the same if we are fighting there and dying there.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
May 2 - OBL killed
May 3 - Biden outs ST6.

Giving credit to "all involved" isn't exactly naming names is it? Where on the video did Obama, in his address, specifically mention ST6 or Seal Team? I recall him taking credit for getting OBL and as a footnote thanking all involved.

Again, I'm not defending Obama, just pointing out an inaccuracy. You want to overlook the fact that it was Biden? Go ahead, if it makes you feel better.

You do realize that Seal Team 6 is a group of men assigned to a particuliar group? No one (that I know of) named any individuals in that group since that information is classified. That is like saying that squad 4 of the Green Berets took hill seven, giving credit to the Green Berets is not "outing" them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies