Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Until they legalize polygamy we will not have equality.
Oh, Jesus........here we go.

Next deflection?

Anyway, forget it. Who needs deflections? It (same sex marriage) IS happening and you all just need to get over it.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, Jesus........here we go.

Next deflection?

Anyway, forget it. Who needs deflections? It (same sex marriage) IS happening and you all just need to get over it.
What's the difference? I don't see any.

You want to throw the rulebook out the window, but then you want to write a new one?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

You want to throw the rulebook out the window, but then you want to write a new one?
Well if you don't see the difference between same sex marriage and polygamy, then I guess you also don't see the difference between marriage between a man and a woman and polygamy.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:

Personally, I don't care what two....or three....or four.....consulting adults do.

Why do you?

But, that's besides the point. Let's get this same sex marriage thing all worked out and then we can start working on polygamy.

And, no, that doesn't mean I think pedophilia and/or bestiality is ok. Neither one of those involves consenting adults only. So, don't even go there.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well if you don't see the difference between same sex marriage and polygamy, then I guess you also don't see the difference between marriage between a man and a woman and polygamy.
If it's not between a man and a woman it's all FUBAR to me.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Personally, I don't care what two....or three....or four.....consulting adults do.

Why do you?

But, that's besides the point. Let's get this same sex marriage thing all worked out and then we can start working on polygamy.

And, no, that doesn't mean I think pedophilia and/or bestiality is ok. Neither one of those involves consenting adults only. So, don't even go there.
I didn't say I care. All I'm saying is if you want to get into redefining marriage you better have an open mind then.

If same sex can marry, ANYONE should be able to marry and to as many as they like.

You wanted it, now live with it.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
If it's not between a man and a woman it's all FUBAR to me.
Don't care, no one is forcing you to get gay married.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I didn't say I care. All I'm saying is if you want to get into redefining marriage you better have an open mind then.

If same sex can marry, ANYONE should be able to marry and to as many as they like.

You wanted it, now live with it.
You say that like it's a problem for me.

Again, what consenting adults do is none of my business - and it shouldn't be any of yours either.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,255 times
They do this just to get more people to move to their state.
Everybody knows gays have big bucks, they save $$$ by sharing clothes and all that stuff.
Next states will start repealing motorcycle helmet laws. Attract the bikers.
Iowa is known for this, just as they're now known to be gay friendly.
Me? I don't care either way. Its not like I'd have to attend their weddings or anything. Just don't flaunt it, like the gays are known to do about everything.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 PM

805 posts, read 1,162,110 times
Quote:
They are calling it "Civil Marriage"

I'm not sure what the difference is.

Personally, I think it's a mistake. This state is very divided on Gay marriage. The vote to pass an amendment guaranteeing the protection of marriage between a man and a woman was barely defeated.

This is the DFL controlled Legislature taking advantage of their unique situation of dominance in the Legislature and a liberal Governor. I personally think this goes beyond politics, but that's exactly what they turned it into. The "we win, you lose" political game.

Pretty unfortunate if you ask me.
It's not unfortunate for those Minnesota couples that wanted to get married and previously could not but will be able to. And, that's what's important.

Equal rights for all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies