Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who says I'm anti-gay?

My issue is cognitive dissonance.

You want me to accept that homosexuality is natural and normal when it is obviously neither.

Homosexual marriage is an attempt by homosexuals and their supporters to codify in law the normalcy of homosexuality, and while I support respect for homosexuals, this back-door attempt to redefine what is normal, natural and acceptable behavior comes at the steep price of rejecting simple logic in favor of political expediency.

Just as Winston Smith could not accept that two plus two equaled five, I cannot accept that homosexuality is normal or natural.

Some things are real even if they are inconvenient.
I guess in the long run it doesn't really matter if YOU think it is normal or natural or not. Same sex marriage is now legal in eleven states (soon to be twelve) and the District of Columbia and the momentum appears to be on the side of fairness and equality, which is a very good thing.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,567 times
Quote:
Who says I'm anti-gay?

My issue is cognitive dissonance.

You want me to accept that homosexuality is natural and normal when it is obviously neither.

Homosexual marriage is an attempt by homosexuals and their supporters to codify in law the normalcy of homosexuality, and while I support respect for homosexuals, this back-door attempt to redefine what is normal, natural and acceptable behavior comes at the steep price of rejecting simple logic in favor of political expediency.

Just as Winston Smith could not accept that two plus two equaled five, I cannot accept that homosexuality is normal or natural.

Some things are real even if they are inconvenient.
What difference does it make if something is normal or not? Normal is not necessarily good just like abnormal is not necessarily bad.

Also, homosexuality is natural and does occur in nature. List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Yes, like the conservatives have been focused on Benghazi.

Woohoo Minnesota, good for you!

I don't blame them. Even if Benghazi was a total farce (which it isn't), the hubub is going to be enough to keep Hillary away from the Presidency and all but guarentee Chris Christie's election in 2016. Outside of Hillary, Democrats have no one who can remain within 10 point of him.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I don't blame them. Even if Benghazi was a total farce (which it isn't), the hubub is going to be enough to keep Hillary away from the Presidency and all but guarentee Chris Christie's election in 2016. Outside of Hillary, Democrats have no one who can remain within 10 point of him.
Cuomo for starters, but that is beside the point. Christie's problem would not be the General, I agree he would be a strong candidate, (though certainly not unbeatable), however a Primary is a different story, especially with the GOP base tripping over themselves over being as gun nutty as they can possibly be.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
You do know Christie isn't gonna run for president right? He is planning on staying governor of New Jersey. And the only people who care about Benghazi is Fox News, so I guess you are right, the Fox News audience won't be voting for Hillary, much like they didn't vote for Obama, which is why Obama lost the second term....oh wait, that's right, Fox News was wrong on that one too.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:

Hillary would win against Christie. You forget the power of women

Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash255 View Post
cuomo for starters, but that is beside the point. Christie's problem would not be the general, i agree he would be a strong candidate, (though certainly not unbeatable), however a primary is a different story, especially with the gop base tripping over themselves over being as gun nutty as they can possibly be.
lol

Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Hillary would win against Christie. You forget the power of women

Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:

Do not roll your eyes at the power of women

Old 05-10-2013, 01:12 AM

67 posts, read 68,010 times
Quote:
Everyone already has equal rights.

You want the right to socialize respectability by redistributing the word marriage.

How is male on male butt sex the same as the natural sexual relationship between a man and a woman?

Gonna make some babies with that male on male butt sex?
Reducing marriage to sex, makes you look like a simpleton. Either you're unmarried, stupid, or both...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies