Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I was wondering this too.
The thing is, they never answer. And if you ask them more than once, you get accused of harassing them.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Quote:
Great! why don't you get a movement going to get the government out of marriage, lobby, gain support for it, and get it passed. UNTIL then, I will keep working to SSM legalized all over the nation.
Don't you wonder where all these "get government out of the marriage business" guys were before marriage equality was ever an issue?

Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
That's great.

Don't turn around and say you want people to stay out of your bedroom then.

And don't turn around and not support tax breaks and special privilages for everyone else too, including people that choose to stay single. Otherwise, you aint for equality. No matter how you spin it you are trying to get special treatment of certain people while denying the same treatment to other people. It's discrimination.

By the way, ssm marriage is already legal all over the nation. Some state governments don't recognize it which does not make it illegal by any means. Even in the few states where it is technically "illegal" the law is not enforced. So it is really legal in those places too.

If your gonna fight for something at least know what you are fighting for. You are fighting for the right for the government to stick their nose in your bedroom and offer special privilages and tax breaks for some people while denying it to others. Legalized discrimination is what you are fighting for. You can rationalize it anyway you want.
When did getting a marriage license invite anyone into my bedroom? I don't have a marriage ceremony in my bedroom. The JP or clerk don't need to inspect my bedroom to sign a marriage license. My marriage is not centered around what happens in my bedroom.

Good thing I just bought new bedding and painted. It looks like my bedroom is going to be a busy place with all of the government officials coming over to visit.

Who am I trying to discriminate against?
Polygamists? Nope. I don't care if they marry, but it is not my fight. I can't take a polygamy case to court, as I have no standing.
People who want to marry siblings? Nope. I can't take a case to court, I have no standing.

Yes, I know that I am fighting for LEGAL CIVIL MARRIAGE. The same legal civil marriage that my neighbors can go get tomorrow. The same legal civil marriage that a couple can go get in vegas on a drunken weekend. I know what I'm fighting for. Thank you for the concern.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don't you wonder where all these "get government out of the marriage business" guys were before marriage equality was ever an issue?
Yep. It's funny I never heard a peep about this UNTIL we started winning.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:21 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjam1 View Post
Reducing marriage to sex, makes you look like a simpleton. Either you're unmarried, stupid, or both...
I would wager that he is all three. More straight people practice anal sex on any given day than all the gay men put together. Wonder how many of them are making babies that way? the way one has sex does not determine wether one can marry or not. He is just butt hurt that men perform anal sex. I think he needs to stop googling male to male sex and it will bother him less.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Even if it exists elsewhere in nature, using the anus for a vagina is never natural.

It serves no biological function and is therefore a perversion of normal sex.

That's not an opinion.

That's a fact.
Then you need to worry about all of your straight friends before you get you butt all hurt over men having anal sex. More straight people practice it than gay men. Why are you not moaning about it? Hypocrite.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Yep. It's funny I never heard a peep about this UNTIL we started winning.
The states are falling like dominoes. No stopping it now. I always said as soon as Will and Grace and Qu**r Eye for the Straight Guy became mainstream hits, it was all over for the knuckle-draggers. I'm hoping my own state of Illinois will soon be number 13.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The states are falling like dominoes. No stopping it now. I always said as soon as Will and Grace and Qu**r Eye for the Straight Guy became mainstream hits, it was all over for the knuckle-draggers. I'm hoping my own state of Illinois will soon be number 13.
What is the status in Illinois anyway? It passed the Senate. Is it stalled in the House?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Minority rights should never be voted on by the majority.
<<<Yawn>>>

Until the kourts deklare ssm a konstitutional right, the publik and their elekted reps deside what is a right. In fakt, most 'rights' are kreated by vote.

[the 'see' key isn't working.]

Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Neither do BJs, but I am not about to tell a girl she can't do that because it is not natural.
I never knew a man who would. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.