Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Trust the Federal Government?
Yes 13 11.40%
No 101 88.60%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Those "victims" put the ones running the fraud into office.
Everyone seems to think it's either D or R.

Well you know there were other choices in 2012 but most just settled for "the lesser of 2 evils".
If you really want change you have to take a risk. D and R is BAU and it's the same BAU no matter which of those two parties you pick. Yet most are afraid to take a chance and tell you that you "threw away your vote". Really ? So not voting for corrupt party A or corrupt party B is "throwing away my vote" ?

I quit playing the "lesser of two evils" game a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
It is already broken up. 50 sovereign states.
Apparently you have never heard of the New Federalismj, where it is the Fed. Govt uber alles, and everyone else are subjecta of the "crown"

Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree with what you're saying. Still, I vote with my conscience. Yes, I'm trying to be optimistic. But if more people woke the f*** up and realized it for the sham that it is, that it is all about divide and conquer by distracting us with partisan hackery, and voted accordingly instead of the 2 main choices that we're offered, we would be better off!
The solution at this stage is not trying to un-corrupt the system, as the system is now way beyond repair. The solution is non-participation, and mass refusal to legitimize it by continuing to participate.

Of course, I frequently question the overall intelligence of the populace, and believe the system has created enough dummies to manipulate in order to continue producing the dog and pony show of participatory "democracy", when it's really just a sham. But things have gotten so out of hand of late, that these cretins don't even feel the need to lie anymore, or even attempt to present an image of honesty, and the dummies don't seem to even care that they are being overtly lied to and mistreated. In fact, there are numerous individuals who regularly post on many topics that seem to prefer lies over the truth, for some inexplicable reason. So, with that combination ..... a corrupt to the core system, and a populace of dummies legitimizing it .... there can be no reasonable expectation of correcting it and restoring integrity.

Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, or some version of that is what it will take to derail this runaway train wreck looking for a place to happen.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I quit playing the "lesser of two evils" game a long time ago.
I woke up after the first Bush administration.
Bush as governor of Texas was not the same Bush as President of the US.
I know a lot of folks may not believe that but Bush was a good Governor and Texas was pretty happy with him.

The centralized power in DC is big money. Centralize the power and it becomes all too easy to make broad changes affecting every American. Keep it localized to the States and that's 50 of them you'd have to work on to try to get that same level of power which would be pretty hard to attain.

I see it and don't understand why others don't.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The solution at this stage is not trying to un-corrupt the system, as the system is now way beyond repair. The solution is non-participation, and mass refusal to legitimize it by continuing to participate.

Of course, I frequently question the overall intelligence of the populace, and believe the system has created enough dummies to manipulate in order to continue producing the dog and pony show of participatory "democracy", when it's really just a sham. But things have gotten so out of hand of late, that these cretins don't even feel the need to lie anymore, or even attempt to present an image of honesty, and the dummies don't seem to even care that they are being overtly lied to and mistreated. In fact, there are numerous individuals who regularly post on many topics that seem to prefer lies over the truth, for some inexplicable reason. So, with that combination ..... a corrupt to the core system, and a populace of dummies legitimizing it .... there can be no reasonable expectation of correcting it and restoring integrity.

Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, or some version of that is what it will take to derail this runaway train wreck looking for a place to happen.
Starve the beast. The few that drop out are nothing compared to those that don't and go along with BAU.
When you have no debt and don't become of victim of consumerism, it really doesn't take a lot of money to live comfortably.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
I woke up after the first Bush administration.
Bush as governor of Texas was not the same Bush as President of the US.
I know a lot of folks may not believe that but Bush was a good Governor and Texas was pretty happy with him.

The centralized power in DC is big money. Centralize the power and it becomes all too easy to make broad changes affecting every American. Keep it localized to the States and that's 50 of them you'd have to work on to try to get that same level of power which would be pretty hard to attain.

I see it and don't understand why others don't.

As do I.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 AM

348 posts, read 336,831 times
More than the corporate elite.
Or most of the posters on this site.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,344 times
No because I feel they act in the best interest of the highest paying lobbyist and corporations than they do for the American People.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:47 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Those "victims" put the ones running the fraud into office.
Everyone seems to think it's either D or R.

Well you know there were other choices in 2012 but most just settled for "the lesser of 2 evils".
If you really want change you have to take a risk. D and R is BAU and it's the same BAU no matter which of those two parties you pick. Yet most are afraid to take a chance and tell you that you "threw away your vote". Really ? So not voting for corrupt party A or corrupt party B is "throwing away my vote" ?
First, one would have to assume that the electoral system possesses integrity to begin with, and I am certainly not prepared to make that assumption. And even in the remote chance that it might, you have an electorate who are vaccinated, fluoridated, medicated, and brainwashed by a mainstream media that hasn't told the truth since electricity was invented.

Think back to the Kenyan-In-Chief's first coronation as king ..... who did the republicans choose to run against Barry? John "I love Bush even if everyone else hates him" McCain ... the walking, talking corpse, who should have been given his burial and funeral 25 years previous. A Bush apologist who publicly aligned himself with the outgoing Bush who at the time was more unpopular than Osama Bin Laden? Can anyone with a brain fail to detect this set-up man status of McCain? It was clearly a case of announcing the big pay-per-view fight between Mike Tyson and Colonel Sanders .... a free bucket of chicken to everyone if the Colonel wins! Ha! Fat chance, and no chicken for you.

Voting is throwing your vote away .... just as placing a dollar bet on a game of monty is throwing your dollar away, because whether you pick shell #1, #2, or #3, you were going to lose ... since the game operator has already stashed the pea in his hand.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
First, one would have to assume that the electoral system possesses integrity to begin with, and I am certainly not prepared to make that assumption. And even in the remote chance that it might, you have an electorate who are vaccinated, fluoridated, medicated, and brainwashed by a mainstream media that hasn't told the truth since electricity was invented.

Think back to the Kenyan-In-Chief's first coronation as king ..... who did the republicans choose to run against Barry? John "I love Bush even if everyone else hates him" McCain ... the walking, talking corpse, who should have been given his burial and funeral 25 years previous. A Bush apologist who publicly aligned himself with the outgoing Bush who at the time was more unpopular than Osama Bin Laden? Can anyone with a brain fail to detect this set-up man status of McCain? It was clearly a case of announcing the big pay-per-view fight between Mike Tyson and Colonel Sanders .... a free bucket of chicken to everyone if the Colonel wins! Ha! Fat chance, and no chicken for you.

Voting is throwing your vote away .... just as placing a dollar bet on a game of monty is throwing your dollar away, because whether you pick shell #1, #2, or #3, you were going to lose ... since the game operator has already stashed the pea in his hand.
Knowing 1 and 2 are bad and taking a chance on 3 is just that. Not taking the risk is settling.

And I believe that Presidents are "selected", not "elected" and that's why I don't play the R vs D game.
Since it doesn't matter I take that chance on #3 because you just never know.

Ron Paul was dissed by both sides and made out to be a quack. It worked in keeping the masses away.
We had 2 chances and we blew it both times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies