Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Trust the Federal Government?
Yes 13 11.40%
No 101 88.60%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
How about Crown Royal on Royal Crown Cola?????

I remember RC!!!! My mom used to buy it all of the time. I don't drink pop...err.. sorry...soda... anymore. I do still see RC at the grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I don't like oversimplified questions. I certainly don't trust the clowns and crooks in Congress but there are some federal employees who do a good job.
Of course there are, but that's not the question.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 PM

348 posts, read 336,831 times
The question is stupid.

As if there were an alternative.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:08 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That's putting mildly, for example

Anyone who takes a pill today demonstrates implicit trust in the FDA that the drug they are taking is safe and effective.

Anyone who steps on a plane today demonstrates implicit trust in the FAA that the plane is mechanically sound.

Anyone who drives across a bridge today demonstrates implicit trust in the Federal Highway Administration.

Anyone who deposits money in their bank account demonstrates implicit trust in the FDIC.

Anyone who drinks a glass of water today demonstrates implicit trust in the EPA.

The list could go on for pages...
All of that and more exactly, the people who voted NO are trusting the government everyday, so I'd say the poll is a fallacy.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:12 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Hello? Is this the sign up for a audit thread? Oh well i voted no anyways. I guess i need to get ready for my irs letter. I wonder if any republican can claim discrimination when audited for the forseable future?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Do You Trust the Federal Government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Simple question.

Simple answer: sometimes.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM

20 posts, read 17,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cava1990 View Post
simple question.
yes. I love the government.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:00 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
I bet we can all guess who voted yes.... the same clowns who believe everything the state media tell them without question.... Emerald City Wanderer, Tempest68, Urbanlife78, Chris from Chicago, etc.

You know the follow the leader types on here

As for me, no, I do not trust the Feds at all

Old 05-15-2013, 07:49 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Um....the US is broken down into 50 independent states.

Lets get back to our constitutional roots.

The Constitution most certainly does not consider them "independent".

I give you this:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Would you mind telling me how that makes states independent to do whatever the hell they want?

What are you smoking?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
It is already broken up. 50 sovereign states.

The word "sovereign" is not in the Constitution. So is a US State subjected to the rulings of the US Supreme Court? Is a US State subjected to the laws of Congress? The US states are not "independent".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies