Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:

I don't need or want to know your business. In my hood I see groups of
lesbians and gay men taking walks in good weather. They are free to do what they
want - BUT they are not free to reform all of society...The are free to be
themselves...just as I am free to be me. Politics - religion and
sexuality should never be mixed. When some extremists insist on posting
pictures of gay man in schools having oral sex....then you will get a quiet back
lash....People will not openly challenge gay activists but they will privately
loath them for the intrusion.
Oh, how magnanimous of you! They're allowed to go out for a walk, but not get married.

Quote:

Isn't Leviticus out of the Old Testament? So Leviticus is just a bunch of
old Jewish history? Those who don't appreciate gay marriage are not all bible
thumping twits...some just don't like the idea of men and woman suddenly
switching identities. Why suddenly to people have to be told that up is down
and down is up...that man are now woman and woman are now men....I liked it
better the old way...When people had roles based on biology not sociology.
Oh, boo hoo! You don't like it. Suck it up, buttercup. It's not up to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 11:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I reported the picture but I guess the mods deem it appropriate.
Reported it? For what? I see two attractive human beings showing affection towards one another.
I'm sorry it made you clutch your pearls and collapse on the fainting couch like a distressed southern belle in need of smelling salts.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 AM

233 posts, read 239,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The picture of the two dudes puts the point across about how shallow this culture is..Looks like they spend more time looking in the mirror and going to the gym than thinking. There is a quiet back lash taking place in politically correct North America also., People will tolerate and agree with granting protective rights to everyone they can..but tolerance has it's limits. Equality and a fair playing field are one thing..but the agenda of creating a gay elite is going to far...People like to be fair..but they don't like themselves or their children being pushed around by special interest groups...Also - Has anyone bothered looking on the future to see where this "progressiveness" leads too? Why do they call these things progress? You would think that progress means something good for all of society....I mean all of society not just a small portion.
Couple of points:

- I am not gay but can tell when a woman or a man takes care of themselves. Yea, I guess you can over due a good thing and become so involved with going to the gym and so full of yourself it becomes unhealthy. The point is I think most people who complain about people who take pride in their fitness are the people who are unfit and therefore jealous.

-What backlash? See I just don't get this. Why does allowing these people to get equal treatment and rights from the government make you people so mad?

Old 05-20-2013, 02:23 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,144,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Georgia is moving in a progressive direction when it comes to gay rights as are most of Eastern Europe's countries these days.

Civil.Ge | PM Comments on Planned Gay Rights Rally

President of Georgia signs anti-discrimination amendment / Georgia / Country-by-country / Guide to Europe / Home / ilga - ILGA Europe

How lovely that you condone violence against others though. It speaks so highly of your character.
You'd be surprised on these threads.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
I reported the picture but I guess the mods deem it appropriate.
It was a breath of fresh air to me. Both the pictures. If statements could be as visual as pictures I'd view this thread as more vulgar.

It's the land of the free not the home of the uptight.

It's only a matter of time.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Would you prefer a picture of two overweight guys making out? Because those photos exist too.
Yes the thread would get better

Old 05-20-2013, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Anyone who rejects the US Constitution is a problem for me.

I don't know what rights are guaranteed in the Republic of Georgia, but here in the United States free exercise of religion is one of our most important freedoms and something homosexual activists have routinely attacked.

If you want me to accept your make believe rights, perhaps you should start by respecting other citizen's genuine rights.

This past Sunday, during a Worship Service at the Church, a group of loud and intentionally disruptive homosexual activists stood outside of the sanctuary of Mount Hope dressed in strange pink attire. Using megaphones for amplification, they shouted epithets at those entering the service such as “Jesus is a homoâ€.They also mockingly carried an upside down pink cross.

Reports filed with the Eaton County Sheriff’s office indicate that other demonstrators had staged a further action intended to disrupt the Sunday Worship at Mount Hope. Dressed in clothing which would not have indicated their intention, they entered into the sanctuary and were seated with the community. Then, in an orchestrated manner, they left their seats, pulled fire alarms, distributed anti-Christian literature and stormed the Pastor’s pulpit waving a rainbow colored flag and shouting “It’s Okay To Be Gay! Bash Backâ€.

'Jesus is a homo' Homosexuals Disrupt Church Service - U.s. - Catholic Online

You mean like Westboro Baptist Church?

Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 AM

717 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh look!

Someone wants to make perverted homosexual sex equivalent to heterosexual sex again.

What are the odds?

In case you haven't realized this yet, nature gave men penises and women vaginas so men and women could copulate with one another and even create children together.

Homosexual men don't have vaginas and homosexual women don't have penises.

That's why gay men use their anus for a vagina, but it is not the same thing.

It's a poop shoot and should never be used for anything else.

Gay women use plastic penises produced by the Yamaha Corporation.

These plastic penises are also not the same as the real thing.

Is it starting to sink in yet?
Homosexuality is no more perverted than heterosexuality. If you think straight couples do not have anal sex or use dildos then you are mistaken. In the end this is not about sex it is about love and companionship, is it starting to sink in yet?

Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,343,066 times
Quote:
Nice to see young people outside of America haven't been brainwashed by this filth if only the adults in America cared as much for the well being of future generations.
So, we should look to the Republic of Georgia for our social mores? Should we also look to Afghanistan for a lesson in religious tolerance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
How lovely that you condone violence against others though. It speaks so highly of your character.
Yep. Another Big Government, nanny-state neocon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
...Yet people protest gay marriage should be illegal because the bible says so in Leviticus.
That is one of the main "reasons" many people use to oppose same sex marriage. But of course, the fact is there is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage that doesn't arise from fear, hate, bigotry, ignorance, or some combination of those things. Not a single one.

Quote:
What it will do POSSIBLY - Is alter the cultural fabric for the next few generations...We really don't know what these social changes will do in the long run - if it makes for a better world or not...what are the SIDE effects of these social progressions?
What a bunch of baseless, paranoiac nonsense. Homosexuality has always been with us. Why would ceasing discriminating against gay couples and affording them the same rights as everyone else suddenly cause the downfall of civilization?

Quote:
I don't need or want to know your business.
Agreed. You should probably mind your own, then, right?

Quote:
Those who don't appreciate gay marriage are not all bible thumping twits...some just don't like the idea of men and woman suddenly switching identities. Why suddenly to people have to be told that up is down and down is up...that man are now woman and woman are now men....I liked it better the old way...When people had roles based on biology not sociology.
Just more baseless crapola. So your assertion is that homosexuals "suddenly switch identities?" Do you realize homosexuality is nothing new? Do you realize it isn't a choice but biological?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
Why does allowing these people to get equal treatment and rights from the government make you people so mad?
As mentioned above, the only reasons to get mad over the issue are based in fear, hate, ignorance, bigotry or some combination of those things. I have been stating this fact for years in discussions/arguments like this and never ONCE has anyone even really attempted to give a "reason" to be against same sex marriage that is based on anything else.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 AM

38,648 posts, read 26,421,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You mean like Westboro Baptist Church?

Other than being a buzz word used when liberals are stuck for a reply, what does Westborough have to do with anything I posted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies