Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:10 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Nice try. Fail. The conservatives are classless, rude & insensitive regarding the families of shooting victims, ESPECIALLY the Sandy Hook families. Apparently you have selective hearing & seeing when it comes to that topic.
Fail on my fail, the gun lobby would be silent if the anti-gun nuts didn't come out with their gun grab rhetoric every time there was a shooting that involved white people dying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oooh, is that anything like saying that these shootings never took place, that they were paid actors?
Despicable.
Failure to communicate.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
What is wrong with people.
Comedians have a mindset different than the rest of us. People generally understand that, even when something seems inappropriate. The context in which the comment was allegedly made is unknown to those of us reading this. I'm more concerned about the victims ... not what a comedian said.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:21 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
That comment was tasteless.

Tasteless in a similar way that every time there is a mass shooting somewhere, instead of showing sympathy for victims, the right chooses to just scream about how they get to keep their guns. The NRA, Washington and gun nuts everywhere should take note about how this feels.

Thank you.
Thank you.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 PM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This did not happen. This is a lie. Why are you lying?

know your facts!

and you're fooling no one with your screen name!

Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
unbelievable. Lizz Winstead, comedian and creator of Comedy Central’s The Daily Show jokingly saying Monday’s deadly tornado in Oklahoma had “been ordered to only target conservatives.

“This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives,” she tweeted.

Lizz Winstead ‏@lizzwinstead 10h
How long has Obama known about this Tornado?

What is wrong with people.
A vile response to a tragedy. This morning I finally heard that a dear family friend who lives in Moore is safe, although he, his wife, and child likely no longer have a home. I made a donation to my chosen relief fund this morning, hopeful that it will reach those in need regardless of their political persuasion.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Politicizing the disaster while they're still looking for survivors?

Wow.
Hell Ambassador Chris Stevens was laid out in a casket before the Republicans saw what they thought was their ticket back to the White House.

Hell last night there was a "political" debate about a supposed federal mandate for storm shelters with the usual cast of characters screaming about federal over reach and the usual accusations about liberal nanny states.

So forgive me if I don't give a rat's behind about your momentary sense of propriety.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Trying to push an agenda while using children (such as the left did with sandy hooks) now that is down right low of the low...

Old 05-21-2013, 03:24 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Hell Ambassador Chris Stevens was laid out in a casket before the Republicans saw what they thought was their ticket back to the White House.

Hell last night there was a "political" debate about a supposed federal mandate for storm shelters with the usual cast of characters screaming about federal over reach and the usual accusations about liberal nanny states.

So forgive me if I don't give a rat's behind about your momentary sense of propriety.
*MY* "momentary sense of propriety"??? WTF did I have to do with that stuff you wrote? I'll tell you - NOTHING.

Give me a f*ing break. Have some decency.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:27 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Fail on my fail, the gun lobby would be silent if the anti-gun nuts didn't come out with their gun grab rhetoric every time there was a shooting that involved white people dying.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, GOOD ONE!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies