Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times

Advertisements

Trial watching is to always expect the unexpected.

If this hasn't already been noted:

"O'Mara also said there are no immediate plans for Zimmerman to testify."

Zimmerman's lawyer not calling for new location in Trayon Martin case - CNN.com

Old 06-09-2013, 07:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I'm not sure why you are still trying. This thread is pretty much useless to anyone actually who is actually reading the released evidence and watching the hearings. We know his mom kicked him out months before he was killed, his dad didn't even bother to go get him after his suspension, he threw Trayvon on a bus and had his girlfriend pick him up, and the court set aside 4 seats for black pastors to try and keep the protestors under control.

That's just a few corrections from this page. Correcting everything would be a full time job. Most people seem to prefer their ignorance anyway, so I'm rarely responding any more.
Like I said a couple of pages ago, sit back and read the comics until the trial is well under way. I'm sure Nancy Grace and a few others will pop in on this thread with their spin on the days happenings.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:51 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm sorry to inform you but your posts indicate otherwise. Granted I don't know you except for what you post so I must give you the benefit of the doubt so I'll not label you a prejudiced racist.

It doesn't matter one bit to me whether you consider me prejudiced, racist, or both.

Quote:
Being prejudiced isn't just the domain of the white and pointed at different people. It can (believe it or not) be pointed at white people by other races as well.
I would have never figured that out had you'd not informed me.

Quote:
Please show me where anyone here has been "racist" (or a proven murderer for that matter?). As in it's actual definition, not the "popular" definition (which seems to be any white person that comes into conflict with a black person).
I've not seen it yet.
Evidence is all over this thread and all over this forum. If you can't see it, you simply don't care to.

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinions right?
Is that what that was?

Old 06-09-2013, 07:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It doesn't matter one bit to me whether you consider me prejudiced, racist, or both.
Evidence is all over this thread and all over this forum. If you can't see it, you simply don't care to.
Please feel free to show me where anyone said that Zimmerman was superior to Martin due to his being black OR that anybody is superior to black people?
I just wait right here while you look (tapping foot).
Please feel free to show me where anyone said that Zimmerman was superior to Martin due to his being black OR that anybody is superior to black people for the simple reason that they're black?
Here, I'll give you a hint:
From Websters,
rac·ism noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Please feel free to show me where anyone said that Zimmerman was superior to Martin due to his being black OR that anybody is superior to black people?
I don't have to show you that. I don't even care to try to find something like that. There are plenty of other statements through this thread and others that celebrate Martin's death and make blatantly racist assumptions about his character, family, actions and fate. If you know how to read you can find them as easily as anyone else.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:49 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,419,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Trial watching is to always expect the unexpected.

If this hasn't already been noted:

"O'Mara also said there are no immediate plans for Zimmerman to testify."

Zimmerman's lawyer not calling for new location in Trayon Martin case - CNN.com
Interesting.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,563,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Interesting.
I would think that they would want to keep Zimmerman off the stand. I really don't see how they can in this case tho.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,582,938 times
The facts & 911 tapes speak for themselves! Zimmermann was told not to confront Trayvon and he got out of his car and did the opposite of what he was told to do.
Let's reverse the "race" issue! Zimmerman "black" and "Trayvon "white! A black man shooting a Unarmed "white " teenage boy would have been in Jail that same day.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,665,805 times
This is the trial that never should have been. I wonder after being acquitted if Zimmerman can sue those who caused this to be railroaded into trial or will he just be happy to be a free citizen again after doing more than his civic duty to try and make his neighborhood a safer place.

It is really sad that a neighborhood is so bad that the police cannot keep it safe and then when a volunteer tries to help out and is attacked and defends himself gets into trouble because he defended himself.

If Zimmerman had been killed, do you think we would still be talking about it? It would have just been another murder in the neighborhood. I see it on the news all the time. "Man left Starbucks and was shot in order to rob him." "Child was shot in baby carriage." "Woman dies of a heart attack when robber enters her home." I haven't seen anybody marching to try and stop this type of crime from happening.

I also don't hear many people teaching their children to respect those in charge.

Last edited by NCN; 06-09-2013 at 10:07 PM..

Old 06-09-2013, 09:54 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,665,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The facts & 911 tapes speak for themselves! Zimmermann was told not to confront Trayvon and he got out of his car and did the opposite of what he was told to do.
Let's reverse the "race" issue! Zimmerman "black" and "Trayvon "white! A black man shooting a Unarmed "white " teenage boy would have been in Jail that same day.
I guess you missed the place where he was going back to his vehicle and was attacked. That does not fit with what you want to say happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.