Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

The trial is here live, right now:

George Zimmerman complete coverage

Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think it's an issue being ready to hang someone before all the evidence is in don't you?
Zimmerman was ready to kill someone because he "thought" that person was "suspicious." Why else did he roll out of his house and then his car with a gun?

We have a dead body and a taped call where the caller (Zimmerman) was told by the dispatcher not to follow the "suspicious" person. We know that Zimmerman killed Martin with his gun. Seems to me that we have a cause and effect relationship here.

Quote:
No they don't. Now show me proof that was the case here. You can't, you believe it to be the case but as I keep saying all the evidence is not in yet. He could've very well started the fight that got him killed, you don't know either way (yet).
We have proof that Martin was unarmed.

Quote:
Of course he's trying to save his arse, wouldn't you? The same thing can be said of many of those who've already convicted and sentenced G.Z..
I wouldn't be stupid enough to say and do the things GZ did post-incident. What makes him really, really lucky is that the police really did nothing to initially investigate all angles. They basically took the word of Zimmerman and let him go away uncharged.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What's the EVIDENCE that he WAS? We know that Martin was walking in the neighborhood and that Zimmerman followed him. According to what he told police, Zimmerman saw Martin as suspicious, but there was no evidence that Martin was doing anything criminal. He wasn't breaking into cars or houses. Why did Zimmerman see the need to follow him? Why did he confront Martin?

I didn't think America's laws allowed people to kill others on suspicion they were doing something wrong.
So to you, looking suspicious = doing something criminal ? I usually avoid personal anectodes, but this one fits...

Daytime, a guy I didn't recognize walking in the road, appeared wobbly, looking from one side of the street to the other. Not illegal, but for where I live, 'suspicious,' odd, out of the ordinary. If my neighborhood had a string of burglaries and thefts over the prior few months, darn-tootin' I'd have called police.

I'll pass for now on the ad naseum other questions.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Wow! New story out about a video found on TM's phone where a voice is heard on it that GZ's defense team thinks is the only known example of TM's voice. Of course it was a video of a fight.
Funny thing is, the mother who is 100% certain it was TM screaming in the 911 call, says she can't be certain about this one. I haven't heard it myself, so I can't be sure, but if TM were holding the phone, doing the taping, I believe his voice would have been much clearer than on the 911 version. But she can't say for sure one way or the other?

On eve of Zimmerman trial in Trayvon Martin killing, new video becomes public - U.S. News
That's one of those things that shouldn't be funny, but is.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:26 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
You do realize the same can be said for you and the others who've been posting about G.Z.. So negative comments about character are ok for G.Z. but not T.M.?
Why is that?

Because Trayvon didn't kill anyone, and he's not on trial for homicide, George is.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Too many people here are connecting their anti gun sentiments to this case. These folks already see anyone legally in possession of a firearm as stalkers and aggressors, which clouds their judgement. Hopefully none of these folks get on the jury and we get an impartial and fair group.

The prosecution has alot to prove and I don't think they can.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
CNN who's covering the trial (who isn't) just put up pictures of G.Z.'s head and nose injuries. Looks to me like the back of his head is banged up pretty good along with a bloody nose.

If the jury sees those it'll be interesting to see what they think. Are there any such pictures of injuries to T.M. other than the obvious gun shot wound?

Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
CNN who's covering the trial (who isn't) just put up pictures of G.Z.'s head and nose injuries. Looks to me like the back of his head is banged up pretty good along with a bloody nose.

If the jury sees those it'll be interesting to see what they think. Are there any such pictures of injuries to T.M. other than the obvious gun shot wound?
If GZ was hurt so badly, why didn't he go to the hospital or otherwise seek medical attention?

Old 06-10-2013, 07:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
So to you, looking suspicious = doing something criminal ? I usually avoid personal anectodes, but this one fits...

Daytime, a guy I didn't recognize walking in the road, appeared wobbly, looking from one side of the street to the other. Not illegal, but for where I live, 'suspicious,' odd, out of the ordinary. If my neighborhood had a string of burglaries and thefts over the prior few months, darn-tootin' I'd have called police.

I'll pass for now on the ad naseum other questions.
I might do the same, but I sure as heck wouldn't follow the guy around, which Z did answer in the affirmative when asked.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If GZ was hurt so badly, why didn't he go to the hospital or otherwise seek medical attention?
I don't know, maybe because Obamacare wasn't in force yet and he had no insurance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies