Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 06:05 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times

Advertisements

Why is this murder so special?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Were you THERE ? Do you KNOW tm wasn't doing anything suspicious ? What's the EVIDENcE he wasn't doing anything suspicious ?
What's the EVIDENCE that he WAS? We know that Martin was walking in the neighborhood and that Zimmerman followed him. According to what he told police, Zimmerman saw Martin as suspicious, but there was no evidence that Martin was doing anything criminal. He wasn't breaking into cars or houses. Why did Zimmerman see the need to follow him? Why did he confront Martin?

I didn't think America's laws allowed people to kill others on suspicion they were doing something wrong.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't have to show you that. I don't even care to try to find something like that. There are plenty of other statements through this thread and others that celebrate Martin's death and make blatantly racist assumptions about his character, family, actions and fate. If you know how to read you can find them as easily as anyone else.
Let's be honest here, you're reading racism into the comments (other than the blatant troll posts that've been deleted) because they mention things that make T.M. look like a semi-normal teen that grew up rough and most likely had a chip on his shoulder instead of the alter boy many wish to portray him as.
Nothing wrong with those comments, certainly not racist.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is the trial that never should have been. I wonder after being acquitted if Zimmerman can sue those who caused this to be railroaded into trial or will he just be happy to be a free citizen again after doing more than his civic duty to try and make his neighborhood a safer place.

It is really sad that a neighborhood is so bad that the police cannot keep it safe and then when a volunteer tries to help out and is attacked and defends himself gets into trouble because he defended himself.

If Zimmerman had been killed, do you think we would still be talking about it? It would have just been another murder in the neighborhood. I see it on the news all the time. "Man left Starbucks and was shot in order to rob him." "Child was shot in baby carriage." "Woman dies of a heart attack when robber enters her home." I haven't seen anybody marching to try and stop this type of crime from happening.

I also don't hear many people teaching their children to respect those in charge.
That's one flaw with our system. You can be accused of anything, spend thousands to defend yourself and in 99.9% of the cases eat the cost of that defense.
Basically paying big $$$ to stay out of jail.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let's be honest here, you're reading racism into the comments (other than the blatant troll posts that've been deleted) because they mention things that make T.M. look like a semi-normal teen that grew up rough and most likely had a chip on his shoulder instead of the alter boy many wish to portray him as.
Nothing wrong with those comments, certainly not racist.
I don't think Trayvon Martin was an altar boy. In fact, if he smoked weed and did other things that were wrong (but that a lot of other black, white, Asian and Latino teens do), I wouldn't want to have my kids associating with him. I am that zero-tolerance about drug use and the potential for criminality. However, none of that has any impact on the way I feel Zimmerman profiled him, provoked him (because he had a gun and felt that would give him the gumption he didn't have) and shot him down when Martin began to get the best of him. Nobody deserves to be treated like that - and nobody deserves to die like that. The fact that some here want to impugn his character and that of his parents and community and use that as some flimsy amount of evidence to justify what is clearly an unjustifiable act by George Zimmerman appalls me, and yes, there is clearly an element of racism in these comments referenced above. I know the posting history of some of these people. These are obvious white supremacists and racists, and their history supports my contention.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Why is this murder so special?
Because...because he was a black child! DUH! Now get on board the convict G.Z. train or you're a raaaccciissst!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I don't think Trayvon Martin was an altar boy. In fact, if he smoked weed and did other things that were wrong (but that a lot of other black, white, Asian and Latino teens do), I wouldn't want to have my kids associating with him. I am that zero-tolerance about drug use and the potential for criminality. However, none of that has any impact on the way I feel Zimmerman profiled him, provoked him (because he had a gun and felt that would give him the gumption he didn't have) and shot him down when Martin began to get the best of him. Nobody deserves to be treated like that - and nobody deserves to die like that. The fact that some here want to impugn his character and that of his parents and community and use that as some flimsy amount of evidence to justify what is clearly an unjustifiable act by George Zimmerman appalls me, and yes, there is clearly an element of racism in these comments referenced above. I know the posting history of some of these people. These are obvious white supremacists and racists, and their history supports my contention.
You do realize the same can be said for you and the others who've been posting about G.Z.. So negative comments about character are ok for G.Z. but not T.M.?
Why is that?
As for "nobody deserves to be treated or die like that, I beg to differ, there's some that clearly deserve that at times.
At this point ALL the supposed "evidence" is flimsy and spun repeatedly to support whichever side is being argued. Until the trial is done, all evidence submitted,sifted through, given the stink test everything said is just supposition.
Nobody on here has the big picture or full context of the things that've been released so far that's why innocent until proven guilty is the only fair thing right now.

Again, had there been video or a couple very reliable eye witnesses the conversation would be different right now.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You do realize the same can be said for you and the others who've been posting about G.Z.. So negative comments about character are ok for G.Z. but not T.M.?
Why is that?
How so? George Zimmerman killed another human being and is a known liar. Those facts are indisputable. That is all I have said.

What kind of a supremacist or racist could I be for insisting that Zimmerman pay for killing another human being?

Quote:
As for "nobody deserves to be treated or die like that, I beg to differ, there's some that clearly deserve that at times.
Unarmed teens minding their business deserve to be killed?

Quote:
At this point ALL the supposed "evidence" is flimsy and spun repeatedly to support whichever side is being argued. Until the trial is done, all evidence submitted,sifted through, given the stink test everything said is just supposition.
Nobody on here has the big picture or full context of the things that've been released so far that's why innocent until proven guilty is the only fair thing right now.
What we have is Zimmerman's ham-handed attempts to save his own a$$. His videotaped recollection of the incident is full of bullcrap. I can't believe he is so stupid that he thinks that people - especially a jury - are going to believe it.

Quote:
Again, had there been video or a couple very reliable eye witnesses the conversation would be different right now.
Of course, but there isn't, now is there?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Wow! New story out about a video found on TM's phone where a voice is heard on it that GZ's defense team thinks is the only known example of TM's voice. Of course it was a video of a fight.
Funny thing is, the mother who is 100% certain it was TM screaming in the 911 call, says she can't be certain about this one. I haven't heard it myself, so I can't be sure, but if TM were holding the phone, doing the taping, I believe his voice would have been much clearer than on the 911 version. But she can't say for sure one way or the other?

On eve of Zimmerman trial in Trayvon Martin killing, new video becomes public - U.S. News

Old 06-10-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
How so? George Zimmerman killed another human being and is a known liar. Those facts are indisputable. That is all I have said.

What kind of a supremacist or racist could I be for insisting that Zimmerman pay for killing another human being?
I think it's an issue being ready to hang someone before all the evidence is in don't you?

Quote:
Unarmed teens minding their business deserve to be killed?
No they don't. Now show me proof that was the case here. You can't, you believe it to be the case but as I keep saying all the evidence is not in yet. He could've very well started the fight that got him killed, you don't know either way (yet).

Quote:
What we have is Zimmerman's ham-handed attempts to save his own a$$. His videotaped recollection of the incident is full of bullcrap. I can't believe he is so stupid that he thinks that people - especially a jury - are going to believe it.

Of course, but there isn't, now is there?
Of course he's trying to save his arse, wouldn't you? The same thing can be said of many of those who've already convicted and sentenced G.Z..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies