Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:22 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,396 times

Advertisements

If you don't like gay pride festivals/parades, then don't go to them. It's a simple, simple solution to the problem.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
A few years ago I had the privilege of attending Pride in Chicago. Over 750000 in attendance to celebrate their sexual orientation and recent progress made in equality.

I Remember seeing a float with 100+ same sex couples running through the streets holding hands with their partners and showing papers for domestic partnership in hand that was very nice to see.

For the most part it was too sexualized. Most of the floats displayed practically naked men jumping and gyrating to this irritating house music that showed a very stereo typical image of gay people. We won't touch on the clothing that was worn by the spectators. It was like a drunken lets get wild fest. People also had their children out there watching the mess.

I Personally will never attend another Pride event. I think who I sleep with is a personal choice. Pride is something that you have in what you accomplish not in your sexual orientation.
I really don't care for the Pride parades anymore, although I did when i was younger. I've never appreciated the vulgar displays that you mention. The "dyykes on bikes" are the worst since they rev their harleys and bust my eardrums every time a parade starts. Getting old, I reckon.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
Disgusting and should be banned. They mostly parade around half-naked and go too far with the heavy petting.

I think all pride parades should be banned.

I don't want to hear how you are proud of your sexual acts. It's as rude as people who loudly make a scene about the opposite sex's body. I love women but I don't sound off to the world in the public square on how I am proud to boink them.

They want to be proud but they can't even behave in the first place.

Yeah they want to rub it in peoples faces because they were neglected by society over SEXUAL ACTS.

Really? I feel sorry for blacks and understand their crying about the past and present. Race is a state of being. A black man can't even pretend to be white and get away with it.

The LGBT community is based on ACTIONS.

Don't put your hand into the cookie jar if you don't want to get in trouble for it.
What about the First Amendment?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:24 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Half naked Men & Women in Mardi Gras or Spring Break? OK!
Gays and their parades? Oh Hell no lock those fruitcakes up!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:45 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Half naked Men & Women in Mardi Gras or Spring Break? OK!
Gays and their parades? Oh Hell no lock those fruitcakes up!
No one! Absolutely no one is saying what you are saying.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:10 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
There are many festivals where people get drunk and go wild.

Even Mardi Gras where people actually do get naked to irritating music.

Yet it seems only wrong if people are gay and doing the same thing. It's plain and simple bigotry, and honestly hypocrisy, that it is okay to have drunken wild parties as long as the people who are doing it aren't homosexual. For shame.
Actually tons and tons of people only go to Mardi Gras once, or stay away in the first place, because of all the shennanigans.

Nice false outrage you worked up in your mind though.

Typical leftie, living in make-believe world where everyone that doesn't think like Rachale madcow is a bigot.

Boring.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
No one! Absolutely no one is saying what you are saying.
Ummmm.....you are. Did you not mean to add the word "Gay" in the title of your thread?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
What about the First Amendment?
Your first amendment does not trump my right to use a public road when I want for it's intended purpose.

Have your parade on private property.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Your first amendment does not trump my right to use a public road when I want for it's intended purpose.

Have your parade on private property.
Then you have to have a law that prevents all parades on public roads. You cannot discriminate based on viewpoint.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:27 PM

207 posts, read 432,408 times
They are far too sexualized. I attended one with a good friend of mine and was disappointed by all of the suggestive and inappropriate sexual behavior going on. It should be more focused on gay charities, gay advocacy groups, gay clubs that stand for something admirable, and so on. Gay men parading around dry humping does nothing but enforce stereotypes they already face in many heterosexual's eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies