Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 07:49 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
To me Chicago = pizza and home of the mafia.
HEY! New York will always be the first home to the Mafia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 07:53 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,701 times
I think of walking down Michigan with the breeze coming off the lake, hearing the sounds and seeing the sights of one of the greatest cities on Earth, and wondering why in gods name I ever moved to the south.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:58 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I think of walking down Michigan with the breeze coming off the lake, hearing the sounds and seeing the sights of one of the greatest cities on Earth, and wondering why in gods name I ever moved to the south.

Lot of people are leaving Chicago. I sat next to one of Rahm Emanuels top financial guys on an airline. He told me that according to their metrics, Chicago is underpopulated by approx 1.2 million. I think that is one of the reasons the nicer parts of downtown Chicago are so appealing. It's unusual to be in such a large city that isn't so congested. Less congestion means a cleaner city. You won't see filth and garbage laying on the sidewalk like in NYC! Midwesterners have a bit more pride and self-reliance than those in NY that just throw their sh * t on the ground!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Lot of people are leaving Chicago. I sat next to one of Rahm Emanuels top financial guys on an airline. He told me that according to their metrics, Chicago is underpopulated by approx 1.2 million. I think that is one of the reasons the nicer parts of downtown Chicago are so appealing. It's unusual to be in such a large city that isn't so congested. Less congestion means a cleaner city. You won't see filth and garbage laying on the sidewalk like in NYC! Midwesterners have a bit more pride and self-reliance than those in NY that just throw their sh * t on the ground!

This is true. Chicago's always been a spotless city, Daley spends a fortune to keep it that way. But taxes are also the highest in Cook County than any other county in the nation, and population in the city has been declining for some time. Really is a great town, but the crime and corrupt local government keeps people away, dont even get me started on winter lol.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,623,473 times
I think of wonderful food, Cubs, my favorite-Chicago style hot dogs and wonder why it is becoming such a sh&& hole.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I think of wonderful food, Cubs, my favorite-Chicago style hot dogs and wonder why it is becoming such a sh&& hole.
I blame Steve Bartman :P

Old 06-06-2013, 08:10 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
.... home of the mafia.
You've been watching too many fictionalized television programs.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,623,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I blame Steve Bartman :P

Yes he definitely is part of the blame.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies