Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 02:31 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I find it ironic that conservatives come to this forum and whine about voter fraud when it involves people who are democrats, but I never, ever have seen a thread started by a conservative person on this board whining or complaining about GOP voter fraud. Isn't that odd.
Any voter fraud is wrong. It doesn't matter if it is committed by a Democrat or a Republican. It violates the fundamental premise of our representative democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Any voter fraud is wrong. It doesn't matter if it is committed by a Democrat or a Republican. It violates the fundamental premise of our representative democracy.
Yep. Shoot 'em all.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:42 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
No kidding, really?

Old 05-31-2013, 02:47 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is not the point, I am surprised you can's understand that. Maybe if she gets the book thrown at her, the next time someone will think twice before doing what she did. Breaking the law, is exactly that: breaking the law. Her actions didn't help.
To be fair, she was voting for someone in a coma. She wanted their vote to count.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
To be fair, she was voting for someone in a coma. She wanted their vote to count.
It's hard to tell how many times she voted.

Another claim is absentee ballots for Montez Richardson, Joseph Jones and Markus Barron all came from Richardson's Whetsel Avenue address and were received by the board at the same time as Richardson's. The handwriting on all four of them was similar, according to officials.

Read more: Poll worker accused of voter fraud in Hamilton County speaks out

Old 05-31-2013, 03:12 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's hard to tell how many times she voted.

Another claim is absentee ballots for Montez Richardson, Joseph Jones and Markus Barron all came from Richardson's Whetsel Avenue address and were received by the board at the same time as Richardson's. The handwriting on all four of them was similar, according to officials.

Read more: Poll worker accused of voter fraud in Hamilton County speaks out
Sorry, I was being facetious. It seems like Ms. Richardson has done this multiple times. She is a serial violator and has been a poll worker for nearly 30 years. Who knows how many fraudulent votes this woman is responsible for? In her mind she is justified, given the opportunity she would probably do it again.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:17 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I find it ironic that conservatives come to this forum and whine about voter fraud when it involves people who are democrats, but I never, ever have seen a thread started by a conservative person on this board whining or complaining about GOP voter fraud. Isn't that odd.
I love it. Your response to a case of voter fraud is to reply: Well Republicans do it too, as if that makes it OK. How pitiful.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Sorry, I was being facetious. It seems like Ms. Richardson has done this multiple times. She is a serial violator and has been a poll worker for nearly 30 years. Who knows how many fraudulent votes this woman is responsible for? In her mind she is justified, given the opportunity she would probably do it again.
Yes, I know you were.

Yes, she seems to feel that the end justifies the means.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:35 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I love it. Your response to a case of voter fraud is to reply: Well Republicans do it too, as if that makes it OK. How pitiful.
Never said it did, how condescending.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:42 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
It's not just the presidential elections that are affected by voter fraud. Those three illegal votes may have made all the difference in a local election, where the margin of victory can be very small.

On a national level, three votes are infinitesimal. But if just 0.1% of the population does it, that's 3 million illegal votes. Twice as many as the Libertarian candidate received in the 2012 presidential election. So we cannot turn a blind eye to voter fraud, lest it become more and more of a problem.
From where did you pull the 0.1% fraud figure...or should I ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies