Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:07 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It is really comical that after 5 years time, lefty ears perk up at the mention of Sarah Palin. They jump on the chance to hurl inane insults. W Bush is long since departed from the scene. Sarah Palin is out of the loop. Even Michele Bachman just announced her retirement. Rush Limbaugh is still around, but how many times can even a lefty comment on his weight before getting bored with it all?

A lefty without an object of hatred is a sad sight indeed. And no really good prospects in sight. Ted Cruz won't do, he's a 'person of color.' I fear we're going to have to bump up federal spending on therapy over the next several years to deal with the problem.
The only "color" that Ted Cruz is would be WHITE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:21 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So there is no reference in the story but it is an opportunity to bash a speaker at a graduation. Or insult the graduates, which you just did.

I'm not a particular fan of Palin but, like it or not, she is a public figure. Had the thread been about her speech then criticism would have been a fair comment. As it is, we're looking at a trolling thread.

I am a Palin fan because she came from nothing to be elected Governor of Alaska. She was a popular and successful governor and would have continued her successful political career were she not called upon to rescue the 2008 failing McCain campaign. The left knew they had McCain on the ropes and Palin was his last hope. They also knew the key to finishing off McCain was to destroy Palin.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Not a fan of Palin, but her speaking is relatively benign compared to Obamas psy-ops address a few weeks ago where he told the graduates not to listen to the voices who question government. Not at all unlike a predator luring a child into a car with candy bar while telling them its okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Questioning government (and authority in general) is a good thing--wanting to completely eliminate it (or at least gut it to nothing--in Grover Nordquist's words "drown government in a bathtub") makes you an anarchist. That's silly and foolish.
Quote:
Your response doesn't address what I said, but thanks for writing all that.
We need a face palm icon on this board...

And for the record, the president didn't say we shouldn't question government. He said that we shouldn't consider it a sinister and evil separate entity like so many of the rwnj's on this board seem to. The American people are DEFINED by our constitution and form of government, and it works as well as we make it work. It's pretty obvious that some of you don't want it to work at all--that's un-American.

Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems; some of these same voices also doing their best to gum up the works. They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave and creative and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can’t be trusted.

We have never been a people who place all of our faith in government to solve our problems; we shouldn’t want to. But we don’t think the government is the source of all our problems, either. Because we understand that this democracy is ours. And as citizens, we understand that it’s not about what America can do for us; it’s about what can be done by us, together, through the hard and frustrating but absolutely necessary work of self-government. And, Class of 2013, you have to be involved in that process.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/0...at-ohio-state/

Last edited by mb1547; 06-02-2013 at 09:17 PM..

Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
I can see America from my house.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I am a Palin fan because she came from nothing to be elected Governor of Alaska. She was a popular and successful governor and would have continued her successful political career were she not called upon to rescue the 2008 failing McCain campaign. The left knew they had McCain on the ropes and Palin was his last hope. They also knew the key to finishing off McCain was to destroy Palin.

Oh come on. The truth is that McCain wanted Lieberman but his campaign thought he needed a conservative female. Palin was not his last hope...she was his downfall.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's so very true, but the lefties hate a successful woman who became successful on her own and still managed to raise a family with a husband who loves her. And if beautiful, to boot. That's a huge slap in the face for dems.

I voted for Palin. Unfortunately, I had to vote for that fool mcCain by default.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:32 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's so very true, but the lefties hate a successful woman who became successful on her own and still managed to raise a family with a husband who loves her. And if beautiful, to boot. That's a huge slap in the face for dems.

I voted for Palin. Unfortunately, I had to vote for that fool mcCain by default.
So you think Palin is a ground breaker. Beautiful women do this every day....successful, gorgeous and raising a family. How is any of that a slap in the face

Old 06-03-2013, 05:53 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
And you won $500 for being "most informative"- in what, how to be a dirty lowdown conservative lapdawg?
Nice neanderthal chest-thumping AMERICA response.
Who luvs you baby.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Not a fan of Palin, but her speaking is relatively benign compared to Obamas psy-ops address a few weeks ago where he told the graduates not to listen to the voices who question government. Not at all unlike a predator luring a child into a car with candy bar while telling them its okay.
that's an odd comparison...To compare the President's address to young adults to pedophilia...

Very telling.

Not quite a Freudian slip...more like a Freudian itch.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:14 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
that's an odd comparison...To compare the President's address to young adults to pedophilia...

Very telling.

Not quite a Freudian slip...more like a Freudian itch.
I was equating Obamas speech to that of a predator, not surprisingly you want to change the focus and make it about me.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 06-03-2013 at 06:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies