Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times

Advertisements

Can they smoke a joint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
And again, JUST OUTLAW THE JUNK AND BE DONE WITH IT!
That would contradict the legacy federal government subsidy of the tobacco industry.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Smokers...

Feel free to indulge in your hobby whenever the urge strikes.

Just step outside.

It's the law.

There are municipalities that ban smoking on public beaches, park and streets.

There are employers who randomly test their employees for it and if it's positive, you are fired.

Renters are becoming challenged to find housing that will allow smoking.

Many municipalities are considering bans on smoking in any form of attached housing, regardless if the occupant owns or rents.

The anti- smoking thing is likely the most non-partisan initiative, ever.

I wonder how medical and legalized recreational marijuana will play out.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:01 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
If I can speak over the right-wingers shouting "TYRANNY!" Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. Children have no ability to resist their parent's smoking. States have the right to regulate what goes on in a motor vehicle on the public roads. You may not like it, but that is the system we have and I agree with it.
Children have no ability to resist an abortion. But people seem to be okay with that.

If a woman has the right to end her child's life she should have the right to use tobacco around them.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:15 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Sadly, there are still many people who refuse to believe that second hand smoking exists.
I inherited items from my Mom that appeared to be a dull yellow and when I used a wet cloth to wash them, it came out yellow from nicotine residue and still smelled of tobacco. I once bought a truck from a heavy smoker, no matter how many times I washed the inside of the windows, they still left a yellow color on the cloth.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
But it's OK now to fire up a Dobie in your car and get your kids stoned.
Well, I live in the Emerald Triangle where tons of pot are grown, [ 1/3 of our economy ] . I think smoking pot around ones kids is bad too.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But abortion is OK because these idiots want to protect the right of the mother to kill her child before it is born.
This thread is not about abortion. Do not hijack it. It is not a child till it is born.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Second hand smoking is a very dangerous phenomena that can cause early asthma development and increase the chances of lung cancer later in life. But never mind that...we value more....our FREEDOM!
You are correct sir.....

"those who would sacrifice liberty to gain a little safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin

Paraphrasing of course....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
And again, JUST OUTLAW THE JUNK AND BE DONE WITH IT!
You start a thread called " another step toward total control" and then suggest they go even further by completely outlawing the use of tobacco and charging a 1 dollar per gallon tax on water, a fundamental resource to life itself?

Your a smart one aren't ya?

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-03-2013 at 10:51 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 10:47 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I wish they would, then I could quit!
Instead of expecting others to take responsibility for your life why don't you put on your big boy pants and do it yourself? Take accountability fir your own actions. Oh I know, self-responsibility, self reliance, accountability, all dirty words in todays dependant society

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-03-2013 at 11:13 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM

775 posts, read 740,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You are correct sir.....

"those who would sacrifice liberty to gain a little safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin

Paraphrasing of course....
Right, so you believe that people should have the liberty to harm others, including children with their actions? Should we legalize homicides now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies