Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you change the 2nd Amendment
Yes. It needs some type of revision. 18 21.18%
No. 67 78.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,089 times

Advertisements

Lets assume those who wrote the 2nd Amendment didn't foresee Americans walking into schools, theatres, Churches, Neighborhoods, or whereever and shooting innocent people.

For the Conspiracy Theorist/Libertarians (or who ever) lets assume that, these violent events:
Aren't staged by the government,
Aren't part of some grand master plan to take away your gun or liberties.
Are actually happening and not part of some alternate reality. Created by chemtrails.

If you could rewrite the 2nd Amendment, or come up with a gun law what would it be? Would it only be valid for only your state, national?

Would you exclude people under a certain income level from being able to own guns?
Ban guns from certain areas?
Ban certain guns
Ban all guns.
Limit or expand Concealed/Open Carry laws.
etc.
Other.

What is your idea of a Gun Law you that think would be fair?

Last edited by Jermaine88; 06-03-2013 at 10:34 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Lets assume those who wrote the 2nd Amendment didn't foresee Americans walking into schools, theatres, Churches, Neighborhoods, or whereever and shooting innocent people.

For the Conspiracy Theorist/Libertarians (or who ever) lets assume that, these violent events:
Are actually happening and not part of some alternate reality. Created by chemtrails.

If you could rewrite the 2nd Amendment, or come up with a gun law what would it be? Would it only be valid for only your state, national?

Would you exclude people under a certain income level from being able to own guns?
Ban certain guns
Ban all guns.
Other.

Would you exclude people under a certain income level from being able to own guns? NO
Ban guns from certain areas?NO.
Ban certain guns Maybe.
Ban all guns. Not even close.
Limit or expand Concealed/Open Carry laws. Expand.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,600 times
...what he said

Old 06-03-2013, 11:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be [unreasonably] infringed.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Hmm, I would legalize giant bullets (missiles) and highly potent gunpowder (nuclear material).

...Just kidding, plotting to make weapons of mass destruction should be punishable by death.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:33 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,226 times
People who think changing our constitution have no business being here.

Lets keep catering to the criminals, moochers, low life's, etc and screw the hard working law abiding Americans.

Normally, the masses follow the celebs, but one celeb has it right, Adam Levine. Im starting to feel the same way. To many stupid voters. To many people that put all their trust and faith into government.

There was a time when nearly all Americans were so proud of our constitution. It's what made us great. Now so many want it changed. People want to follow in other countries democracy's which have failed.

So, No. The 2nd should not be changed. I should not be touched. We have thousands of needless gun laws already that need to be wiped.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:47 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
People who think changing our constitution have no business being here.
I'd disagree, the Constitution was intended to be changed and has been numerous times. It's very hard thing to do and was purposely made like that so a majority can't trample all over the rights of others. If someone supports more gun restrictions an amendment to clarify or change the second is the correct path and only path they should take. That said they have a snowball's chance in hell at least in our lifetime.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I think it should be modified to include, for example:

“It is a fundamental right for all people to be armed for the defense of themselves, their families and strangers under violent assault with whatever type of weapon they choose.”

I would repeal the 1934 Gun Control Act as I deeply resent some bureaucrat deciding that I cannot be trusted with a Tommy gun or sawed off shotgun. What kind of gun I carry and where I carry it is my business, not theirs. Besides if they can prohibit (or make excessively inconvenient or expensive) one type of gun they ac also do the same with any other type of firearm. The ban on mislabeled “assault rifles” aka “scary guns” is a fine example of this absurdity.

Unlike some of my fellow leftists I consider the right to be armed to be a fundamental right of being human and supersede all other rights and rules. If you cannot defend yourself from violence nothing else matters because you and anyone you are responsible for defending WILL BE DEAD. Nothing else is this important.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,964 times
No, no, no, no and no.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post

No. There is no reason to believe that income level equates with violence.
The absolute worst gun law ever passed is the GFZA, which turns our schools into hunting preserves for the criminally insane. Firearms should be allowed on any public property, and private businesses should have the right to decide whether or not they allow firearms.
Ban certain guns
Ban all guns.
Gun bans, just like prohibition of alcohol and drugs, merely create a black market which allows the criminal class to make money off of our laws. They don't stop crime or make crime less violent.
State decision.
etc.
Other.

The Federal Government should not have a role in firearms laws. The 2nd Amendment clearly states that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed by the government, and any firearms restriction that is passed down from the federal level constitutes an infringement. Any laws relating to firearms should be passed by State Legislatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies