Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The scandal expands from pffffft to PFFFFFT.

Where the heck were these people when GW Bush was lying his way into the war in Iraq? Thousands of young Americans dead, tens of thousands maimed for life and trillions of dollars down the drain!!! Scandal???? Not a bit says the GOPers.

I know it is hard for some to post without dumping on Bush but, if you take a deep breath, count to 10, maybe you can stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 03:38 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You provided a link to something that was possible violating their tax exempt status and you are comparing that to this?

Yes, what happened should never have, but again you said "well they did it also."

Still waiting to see some proof that during a repub president, the IRS withheld tax exempt status from a dem group.....also, where has the IRS apologized for doing something this bad during a repub presidency?

If your going to quote me, get it right. Previous poster attempted to claimed that the IRS would never abuse their power is a Republican adminstration was in place. I'm not comparing I'm stating Factually BOTH are an abuse of power period. Your selective outrage of the continuous dirty tactics no matter the party affiliation is very telling of your hypocrisy. Now you can continue to argue the same excuse, but its just that an excuse of a continuing pattern of Government abuse. Nothing new to see here.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Funny, I provided you proof that you are wrong,
No you haven't.

No conservative group has had their application denied. Now, you've tried unsuccessfully to say that some being delayed was the same as being denied, but that proves only how you're twisting yourself inside out to try (and fail) to make a point.
Quote:
and now, just as a normal leftist, you say that's not really what you meant, and nobody should be tax exempt.

Whether or not I agree or disagree with your statement does not matter at this point, what matters is the IRS blatantly singled out "tea party" groups and broke the law, no matter what your opinion is.
Tell me more about this "broke the law" that you claim. Back up your big words. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"And I see this "scandal" as nothing more than another excuse for the GOP house to act like petulant children to block work on real issues"

Only shows you haven't been following the issue very much.

Some Americans actually believe freedom of speech IS an IMPORTANT issue.
And NO gov't agency, especially the IRS should be intimating its citizens for their political and religious beliefs.

"No, there are no people waiting," Wrong.
I take it you didn't watch yesterday's hearing with 6 people who have been abused by the IRS and some are STILL.

To include the man whose organizations donors list was given by the IRS to his political opponents.
You, like so many other Obama haters, have gone all in on these "scandals", hoping beyond hope that there's somethig that will damage the president.

I'll be enjoying your deep disappointment.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:53 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You, like so many other Obama haters, have gone all in on these "scandals", hoping beyond hope that there's somethig that will damage the president.

So if and when a republican is elected president again, Gringo, we know that you will be on board for yourself and liberal political groups being audited by the IRS for political views and democratic donations.

Tyranny cuts both ways. If one embraces the concept of tyranny, then one can expect to experience its injustice.

It is hilarious to see the libs defending, of all groups, the IRS for committing crimes against conservatives. This shows that most liberals, at heart, are fascists who simply give lip service to the concept of a free society. Libs would like nothing more, if given the authority, to haul away all political opposition groups to concentration camps.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:43 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If your going to quote me, get it right. Previous poster attempted to claimed that the IRS would never abuse their power is a Republican adminstration was in place.
No they did not, they said, what would happen if the right was doing the same thing to the left, while the right was in charge....get your own story straight.

Quote:
If your going to quote me, get it right. Previous poster attempted to I'm not comparing I'm stating Factually BOTH are an abuse of power period.
I'm quoting you how I read and comprehended your posting. If you would have said "yes, the IRS is wrong, this never should have happened, however, the right has also done the same thing" then nobody would have said anything, I know I would have not.

Quote:
Your selective outrage of the continuous dirty tactics no matter the party affiliation is very telling of your hypocrisy.
Your inability to properly say what you mean does not make me a hypocrite.

Quote:
Now you can continue to argue the same excuse, but its just that an excuse of a continuing pattern of Government abuse. Nothing new to see here.
Yes, I agree, it is abuse, no doubt about it. But no matter what you say, no matter what you provide (which is still nothing that you have stated you would provide) this admin took it to levels that have never been reached by other admins, if you cannot see that...take your adult woman stance and have someone remove your blinders....

Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
No you haven't.

No conservative group has had their application denied. Now, you've tried unsuccessfully to say that some being delayed was the same as being denied, but that proves only how you're twisting yourself inside out to try (and fail) to make a point.
Tell me more about this "broke the law" that you claim. Back up your big words. Go ahead. I'll wait.
They do not have their tax exempt status going back till 2010 (maybe 2009), show me they have their tax exempt status....

Talk about twisting words...naw, they are still about to be approved, 3 + years later....keep believing that....

I showed you the LEGAL documents that stated exactly what laws were broken, your inability to read and comprehend is not my problem.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:

Well, when the IRS says they did it and you won't believe them....again, your inability to read and or comprehend is nobody's fault but your own.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:01 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
No they did not, they said, what would happen if the right was doing the same thing to the left, while the right was in charge....get your own story straight.

Wrong...Again if your going to quote me get it right..

Comment from Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yeah, what happens when the Republicans are in charge? Will the libs still be okay with it?
My comment back..
Quote:
Do you honestly believe that the IRS NEVER investigated a liberal group during a Republican Presidency?
Your comment
Quote:
Sure, but to this extent?

Can yo uprovide any evidence that shows the IRS did do this during a republican presidency, and to the extent of what happened here?
My comment back

Quote:
Wrong is wrong no matter how many times it was done. Abuse of power is abuse of power. To excuse it because you don't like the President is charge makes you a hypocrit.
I'm quoting you how I read and comprehended your posting. If you would have said "yes, the IRS is wrong, this never should have happened, however, the right has also done the same thing" then nobody would have said anything, I know I would have not.

Your inability to properly say what you mean does not make me a hypocrite.

Yes, I agree, it is abuse, no doubt about it. But no matter what you say, no matter what you provide (which is still nothing that you have stated you would provide) this admin took it to levels that have never been reached by other admins, if you cannot see that...take your adult woman stance and have someone remove your blinders....

So apparently you are unable to fully comprehend what you are reading or your just being obtuse. I said exactly what I meant and will say it again. Wrong is wrong no matter who Abuse their authority or to what extent. The fact that you choose to play symantics to claim "oh this is much worst" clearly show that you have your blinders on.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
So apparently you are unable to fully comprehend what you are reading or your just being obtuse. I said exactly what I meant and will say it again.
NO, we fully understand what you said, that is why we called you on it and now you are pissed. Are you ignorant or just unable to understand that?

Quote:
Wrong is wrong no matter who Abuse their authority or to what extent. The fact that you choose to play symantics to claim "oh this is much worst" clearly show that you have your blinders on.
You are the one playing "games" you stated, "well they done it." This is why you are being called out, again are you to ignorant (ohhhh, I'm sorry "obtuse") to understand this.

BTW still looking for something this bad, from the repub side....what, cannot answer.....I never would have thought it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies