Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Utter BS. Its an intoxicant and is rightfully banned.

Most of the people on "medical" marijuana are burnouts with a manufactured reason to attempt to get bombed somewhat legally.
more bs weed should be legal and booze should be illegal based on the intoxicating effects. booze is way worse than pot,, but is the legal substance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 03:45 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Vet recommends pot for pets in pain- Off the Leash - Family-Parenting - MSN Living

pot can help our fury friends too..

Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:

Most of the people on "medical" marijuana are burnouts with a manufactured reason to attempt to get bombed somewhat legally.
By that logic, alcohol should be banned as well.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:04 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:

Sounds like you need a Nanny State to tell you what to eat, drink or smoke.

Some of us don't.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
It should be legalized because a black person may get locked up.

How stupid.
No, it should be legalized so that unemployed black people living in the ghetto will get high, stay high and forget their plight....Why actually work to make your life better when you can just light up?

Old 06-05-2013, 07:14 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
SMH. People of African descent should know by now that they will be targeted more than others based on their appearance in this country AND some have contributed to that perception. Stay away from the drugs and there will be less of a problem.

Not that I don't believe marijuana should be legalized...

Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:

Utter BS eh? Of course you would think so given you're probably working for one of the special interest groups who want to continue to with it's prohibition! Wouldn't want to disrupt your bread and butter and obvious easy pay day by prosecuting people for consuming a GOD given plant! Of course you have heard of the many uses for industrial hemp. Nope, let's just continue to cut down trees, and make goods out of toxic plastic too! We can also continue to buy all of our clothes from overseas too! Let's continue to pump people full of big pharma's crap, because they need to keep people sick to make their money!

Why are you against people who want a safer option as a remedy for whatever ails them? Why are you against the idea of using something for industrial use that is safer, as well as more efficient? In the instance of making paper, it's a much shorter growing season, and you could make a much better paper. Legalization of industrial hemp could restart the textile industry, and therefore produce a superior product over that stuff made in the sweat shops located in 3rd world s*** holes, where human rights isn't exactly a priority!!!

Finally, what GOD DAMNED right do you have to tell me or anyone else what they can, or cannot consume, when they're harming nobody in the process. It is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous that alcohol and tobacco are legal to purchase and consume (both of which I support despite the health risks) and cannabis is not? Stop with the damn lies, and propaganda regarding cannabis! And stop greasing the palms of the politicians to continue it's prohibition, because you're afraid of losing money! The war on drugs is an absolute failure, is immoral (especially a war on cannabis) and does nothing but ruins more lives than it helps! Unless of course you're OK with further growing of the police state, and criminalizing more Americans? Me thinks that you are.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Poor blacks sell the stuff and well off whites buy. I'll bet there are more customers than sellers.

I would make all the proscribed drugs legal and let God sort out who could handle using them.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
more bs weed should be legal and booze should be illegal based on the intoxicating effects. booze is way worse than pot,, but is the legal substance..
He is probably just following orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
By that logic, alcohol should be banned as well.
You would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Sounds like you need a Nanny State to tell you what to eat, drink or smoke.

Some of us don't.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No, it should be legalized so that unemployed black people living in the ghetto will get high, stay high and forget their plight....Why actually work to make your life better when you can just light up?
<COUGH> <COUGH> BULL***!!! <COUGH> <COUGH>

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Poor blacks sell the stuff and well off whites buy. I'll bet there are more customers than sellers.

I would make all the proscribed drugs legal and let God sort out who could handle using them.

Greg, I have to agree. Darwinism. So be it. If you're stupid enough to partake in dangerous crap like prescription pain pills to the point of abuse, well... you reap what you sow. Having said that though, drug use and abuse when no crimes have been committed should be treated as medical issue, and not a criminal issue. Those who want help, will clean up their act. Those who don't... well....nature's way of thinning the herd, I guess.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
[quote=GregW;29896504]Poor blacks sell the stuff and well off whites buy. I'll bet there are more customers than sellers.

I would make all the proscribed drugs legal and let God sort out who could handle using them.[/quote]

I'm thinking that evolution would work itself out in a hurry. Imagine the emergency rooms in hospitals and clinics. OMG....as much as I hate over-regulation...gawd, that's a frightening thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies