Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The fact of the matter is that your President is Lying to you and you simply don't care??

Shameful.
Idk that for a fact,
I'll wait for more information to come out to see if he is listening to my phone calls or this is just another case of paranoia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
This is the digital information age...of course they are going to log and store everything...including what I am writing now. If they have the capability ....then they will use that capacity. It reminds me of our Youth Offenders Act in Canada...That criminal records are destroyed that belong to underage offenders...Why would you destroy records...the more the merrier. If you worry about privacy and maintaining your personal autonomy - Don't generate a record of things you do not want recorded.

I remember years back when I was helping my brother with a legal matter...It was easy to access pages of private phone calls - time...place called from...who received the call and so on...YOU do not have a private life...the only one you have is in your head...So this is not a real issue...Do you think I am going to type here what I am really thinking? NOT LIKELY. Just a whole lot of filler.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Idk that for a fact,
I'll wait for more information to come out to see if he is listening to my phone calls or this is just another case of paranoia
ok, if its difficult for you to face the facts, can you at least admit Benghazi wasn't caused by a video, and Obama lied about it?

Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
This is the digital information age...of course they are going to log and store everything...including what I am writing now. If they have the capability ....then they will use that capacity. It reminds me of our Youth Offenders Act in Canada...That criminal records are destroyed that belong to underage offenders...Why would you destroy records...the more the merrier. If you worry about privacy and maintaining your personal autonomy - Don't generate a record of things you do not want recorded.

I remember years back when I was helping my brother with a legal matter...It was easy to access pages of private phone calls - time...place called from...who received the call and so on...YOU do not have a private life...the only one you have is in your head...So this is not a real issue...Do you think I am going to type here what I am really thinking? NOT LIKELY. Just a whole lot of filler.
Disagree with you on this one. The USG has no business listening in on peoples' telephone calls without a warrant.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:41 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Disagree with you on this one. The USG has no business listening in on peoples' telephone calls without a warrant.
How about the Government storing your phone records in a database and only being able to access them with a warrant?

Old 06-09-2013, 08:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
How about the Government storing your phone records in a database and only being able to access them with a warrant?
No. They shouldn't have access to personal tracking data without a warrant.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Check out the video link on Drudge tonight. Its also on Youtube. The leaker comes public and really spills the beans on this whole thing. Govt. tracking all your phone calls, internet usage, bank records, credit card purchases. guess I need to get one of those tin foil hats for my head. If they can do this now, what will it be in 10 or 20 years. This guy is fearful of his life. These people are scary. They don't seem to care about warrants or any due process. Your 4th Amendment rights have gone bye bye.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
The fact of the matter is that your President is Lying to you and you simply don't care??

Shameful.
personally i didnt vote for him either time. i knew that obama was a liar the minute he opened his mouth for a speech i heard in 2007. unfortunately he snowed enough people to get elected twice. so unless there is something that he can be impeached for, and assuming it is bad enough that senate democrats will vote to toss him from office, there isnt much that can be done.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
In a real and just world..where rule of law is dominant. That's not the case these days. Criminality in high places has become the norm..It seems to be a global phenomena. The other problem we have is that those in power for some reason are not our best and brightest..They lack talent and are very insecure...so they MUST attempt to get an edge...but it won't help if the monitor what we are all doing...When you have the leader of the so-called free world freeze up when his teleprompter breaks down....it's not a lot to fear...Frankly - warrants are a joke.

Even thirty years ago here in Canada - I knew a guy who worked for the phone company..He said there was this thing called "The room" - cops would routinely sit themselves down and listen in to conversations with out a warrant...IF they were doing that back then imagine what they do now.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 AM

37,469 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Mission statement from the NSA

The NSA/CSS Mission - NSA/CSS

Quote:
The National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) leads the U.S. Government in cryptology that encompasses both Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Information Assurance (IA) products and services, and enables Computer Network Operations (CNO) in order to gain a decision advantage for the Nation and our allies under all circumstances.

The Information Assurance mission confronts the formidable challenge of preventing foreign adversaries from gaining access to sensitive or classified national security information. The Signals Intelligence mission collects, processes, and disseminates intelligence information from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes and to support military operations. This Agency also enables Network Warfare operations to defeat terrorists and their organizations at home and abroad, consistent with U.S. laws and the protection of privacy and civil liberties.

Executive Order 12333, originally issued 4 December 1981, delineates the NSA/CSS roles and responsibilities. In part, the Director, NSA/Chief, CSS is charged to:

Collect (including through clandestine means), process, analyze, produce, and disseminate signals intelligence information and data for foreign intelligence and counterintelligence purposes to support national and departmental missions;

Act as the National Manager for National Security Systems as established in law and policy, and in this capacity be responsible to the Secretary of Defense and to the Director, National Intelligence;

Prescribe security regulations covering operating practices, including the transmission, handling, and distribution of signals intelligence and communications security material within and among the elements under control of the Director of the National Security Agency, and exercise the necessary supervisory control to ensure compliance with the regulations.

In my opinion, the NSA has been doing exactly what they were tasked with doing, ever since the 80s.

If they did any less, people would scream that they were failing to do their job.

Among my roles on submarines I have been a SIGINT customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies