Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The ones who have worked for me have been on time, hard-working, smile when they do it, never complain about overtime, and come looking for new assignments when they finish a task. They are better workers than either their white or black counterparts.

We had to let one of out best operators go when we found out he was illegally here,and it broke my heart. I wish all my employees were as hard working as the immigrants.
Good for you that you are weeding out the illegals and keeping the legal immigrants. Probably immigrants (the true immigrants who are here legally, not the illegals who sneaked in) will be better workers because they came here with an enthusiasm for a new country and way of life. Also they would not yet be spoiled by some of our American ways.

Let's make it easier for people to come here LEGALLY and impossible for people to come here ILLEGALLY, breaking our laws and disrespecting our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 01:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I have neighbors who do that, too, and they are as white as the driven snow, so what's your point?
You don't get his point? I think the point is that you liberals want to stereotype every illegal as much harder working than any American --- that ole' Americans even black Americans are too lazy to want jobs and therefore many millions of illegals must be brought in to do the work that lazy Americans even blacks won't do.

Yet -- these same people won't question why the illegals left their own countries such a big mess. If they were really hard working, why doesn't their own country want them any more? They're doing all they can to make us take them permanently off their hands.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:21 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Good for you that you are weeding out the illegals and keeping the legal immigrants. Probably immigrants (the true immigrants who are here legally, not the illegals who sneaked in) will be better workers because they came here with an enthusiasm for a new country and way of life. Also they would not yet be spoiled by some of our American ways.

Let's make it easier for people to come here LEGALLY and impossible for people to come here ILLEGALLY, breaking our laws and disrespecting our country.
Luis was from Honduras and had worked with us for three years. We wouldn't have found out if the man who owned the Social Security number he was using hadn't died in Colorado. I wish I had him back again.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
The ones who have worked for me have been on time, hard-working, smile when they do it, never complain about overtime, and come looking for new assignments when they finish a task. They are better workers than either their white or black counterparts.

We had to let one of out best operators go when we found out he was illegally here,and it broke my heart. I wish all my employees were as hard working as the immigrants.
Your incidental evidence does not reflect the majority of American workers who have always done blue-collared jobs and also work hard. No one group has the corner of the market as being hard workers. Nice try though.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Luis was from Honduras and had worked with us for three years. We wouldn't have found out if the man who owned the Social Security number he was using hadn't died in Colorado. I wish I had him back again.
If he and his kind are all so great, why don't you just move to that country and hire him back there?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
If he and his kind are all so great, why don't you just move to that country and hire him back there?

If they were really so hard working, then why didn't they work hard to make their own countries a better place instead of turn them into hell holes that they can only flee?

Old 06-15-2013, 02:47 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
You need to make a distinction between legal and illegal immigrants. America has always been a nation of immigrants.
The U.S. is not a nation of immigrants.

Well over 90% of the population was born here and it's been that for a century or so.

We are a nation of native born people with some immigrants and some illegal aliens.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:53 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There are no jobs there that will support a family. It's like living in a country full of WalMarts.

Some of the men I have worked have been in the U.S. living in houses shared by thirty other people. Their families are back home, and they moved here to support them. They send money home and go back for visits. These are not evil people, they are merely the latest wave of seekers for the land of opportunity.

If the shoe was on the other foot, what would you be willing to do to support your wife and children? Would you have the guts to go to a different country alone? And while we're on the subject, where did your family immigrate from? Are you Native American? If not, then you ARE the immigrants. Think about it.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
There are no jobs there that will support a family. It's like living in a country full of WalMarts.

Some of the men I have worked have been in the U.S. living in houses shared by thirty other people. Their families are back home, and they moved here to support them. They send money home and go back for visits. These are not evil people, they are merely the latest wave of seekers for the land of opportunity.

If the shoe was on the other foot, what would you be willing to do to support your wife and children? Would you have the guts to go to a different country alone? And while we're on the subject, where did your family immigrate from? Are you Native American? If not, then you ARE the immigrants. Think about it.
No one has the right to a better life here at the expense of our own citizens. We have immigration laws and annual quotas for good reasons. Americans have had their ID's and jobs stolen by illegal aliens. They are being taxes through the roof covering their social costs and as you said they are sending money back to their countries that isn't being spend in our own economy. Bottom line is that they here in violation of our immigration laws. Does that mean nothing to you?

No, I would never violate another country's immigration laws. If I were that hard up and my life were in danger I would claim refugee status but these mostly Mexicans coming here illegally aren't doing so because they are not in that predicament.

There was no such thing as a native American when this continent/country was founded. Everyone migrated here from somewhere else including the so-called native Americans. Citizens who were born here are not immigrants. For God's sake buy a dictionary, will you? The Mexican-Indians didn't even settle in our country they settled south of our border. They have no tribal rights in this country. The members of the tribes that did are all full-fledged U.S. citizens and rightly so.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The U.S. is not a nation of immigrants.

Well over 90% of the population was born here and it's been that for a century or so.

We are a nation of native born people with some immigrants and some illegal aliens.
I have quoted this same thing often in here. Some people are hell bound to make us wear the label of a nation of immigrants eternally. It's ridiculous. Today, we are exactly what you stated above. We are a nation of Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies