Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

How did this become a topic on illegal immigration, when the OP, who has long since disappeared (no surprise there), referenced Cruz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 10:19 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How did this become a topic on illegal immigration, when the OP, who has long since disappeared (no surprise there), referenced Cruz?
It's an off-shoot of the illegal and unConstitutional "policy" of "deeming" children born in the U.S. to a non-immigrant foreign citizen parent or a parent who is in the U.S. illegally, to be U.S. citizens.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, I speak for no one. I merely quote their exact words, and post the links that substantiate exactly what they've said.

If you're really here to learn, as you've tried to assert, you'll need to accept factual information.
Either way you have a problem with the language. You said what the man knew not merely quoted him. And then you say that anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't know.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Either way you have a problem with the language. You said what the man knew not merely quoted him.
Gray specifically wrote language that limited the ruling to the question asked and answered. Of course, he knew. That wasn't an accident.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda
Yes, they can, the first guy to do this was called George Washington.

Quote:
Wow. The ignorance displayed in that post is STUNNING.
not ignorant at all, because old Georgie was something of a crim.

back in the day, the Queen was the official ruler of the land , but George was a rebel subject of hers.

so, yes, a subject of the Queen can become president

Old 06-24-2013, 01:09 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
wrong. we are all citizens. Citizens encompasses only two types: Those who are born (natural born) and those who became citizens through naturalization (naturalized).

The US Constitution makes that distinction in the 14th Amendment.

Yes you have, many times. Not our fault that you refuse to accept his legally certified and accepted birth certificate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN
His own lawyer said the birth certificate was not real. NCN
Please do not PM me if its a continue of the current thread in response my reply above.

per your unwanted PM: no, Alexandra Hill made no statement that the birth certificate was not real.

You can see her argument here:

Obama Lawyer - Birth Certificate Not Relevant - YouTube

anyone with a 2nd grade reading and hearing comprehension level, knows that she never made any statement to the fact of the birth certificate.

Even SNOPES calls bs on your claim:
snopes.com: Obama Officially Ineligible

Old 06-24-2013, 01:14 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Please do not PM me if its a continue of the current thread in response my reply above.
she's done the same to me on a couple of occasions.

annoying and dishonest imo.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:33 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It is in the section that shows the requirements for becoming the president of the United States. I don't believe I am correct. I know I am correct because I know how to read. Evidently you don't. I have done lots of homework for many students when I was working. I refuse to do yours. Do it yourself. It's late.
still waiting for you to show where the phantom phrase "The president of the United States of America has to be loyal to the USA only" exists in the US constitution.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Gray specifically wrote language that limited the ruling to the question asked and answered. Of course, he knew. That wasn't an accident.
That claim is insane.

Talk among yourselves. I'm in Yellowstone. Will be back b the end of the week.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That claim is insane.
Only to yourself and those who know no better.

Quote:
...neither Supreme Court nor Tenth Circuit precedent relied upon by the this court adequately addresses the question asked and answered: "Whether a federal prosecution pursuant to the ACA [Assimilative Crimes Act] for violating a state gun control statute violates an individual's Second Amendment rights."
https://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov...9.03-4119.html

Quote:
If you cannot force non-minority students to participate in an integration plan, could they be encouraged to volunteer? This was the question asked and answered in MILLIKEN v. BRADLEY II (1977).
COMPLEX JUSTICE
Quote:
...the ultimatum question asked and answered in Katz should shortly be transmuted into something like the post-Katz "reasonable expectation of privacy" formula. That formula is an inevitable first step in the direction of administrability
http://www.cwsl.edu/content/benner/n...rdam%20(2).pdf

Quote:
The proper question for this Court is whether the Fourth Circuit correctly held that Congress lacks the constitutional authority to establish an indefinite civil commitment program for any individual in BOP custody deemed to be sexually dangerous. This is the question asked and answered by the district court and the Fourth Circuit.
http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content...8-1224_bio.pdf

The concept "question asked and answered" is an inviolate tenet of court decision legal precedent. Gray himself states explicitly what "the question asked and answered" is in the closing paragraph of the ruling in U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark:

"The evident intention, and ***the necessary effect***, of the submission of this case to the *decision of the court upon the facts agreed by the parties* were to *present for determination ***the single question*** stated at the beginning of this opinion,...

*namely*, whether a child born in the United States, of parent of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but *have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States*, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China, becomes at the time of his birth a citizen of the United States. For the reasons above stated, this court is of opinion that the question must be answered in the affirmative"

Last edited by InformedConsent; 06-26-2013 at 02:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies