Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 03:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I guess you misunderstood that YOU brought up orgasms.

But that's alright, you are not educated in this discussion, and spew leftist talking points, without anything to back yourself up. Good job.
You just can't let it go can you? Do you wish you could have sex with guns? I am no therapist, but I think you might have issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I'm moving around to much? You cannot even keep your own story straight or you move form one goal post to the next post when you have been proven wrong.

I'll tell ya what, I'll answer your question honestly, but first you have to answer this question.

What will "extended universal" back ground checks get us right now. Please be very informative on your answer or answers, also, please be educated in your answers, because you have not been in the responses prior to this.
Costs, Benefits, and Background Checks | National Review Online

This article basically sums up the benefits of universal background checks, but also points out why it will never happen.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:33 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Costs, Benefits, and Background Checks | National Review Online

This article basically sums up the benefits of universal background checks, but also points out why it will never happen.
Glad your still spewing leftist ignorance, I've said before that you should educate yourself on this subject, but it is obvious that you have not.

From your link:

Quote:
But the fact that the problem is real does not mean this proposed solution would be helpful.
Also, why are you not willing to answer a question I asked of you? Is it because you cannot? Are you not educated on this subject? So, lets try again:

Quote:
What will "extended universal" back ground checks get us right now. Please be very informative on your answer or answers, also, please be educated in your answers, because you have not been in the responses prior to this.
Lets go a little further, what do you want them to do, what is the end result, please tell us.

Oh, and while you're at it, please tell us what to do about the guns that are stolen yearly. You could do yourself a little education and find out how many are stolen yearly, but as you have shown that you do not care about an educated response, you care more about what your leftist friends are saying...

Old 06-30-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Glad your still spewing leftist ignorance, I've said before that you should educate yourself on this subject, but it is obvious that you have not.

From your link:

Also, why are you not willing to answer a question I asked of you? Is it because you cannot? Are you not educated on this subject? So, lets try again:

Lets go a little further, what do you want them to do, what is the end result, please tell us.

Oh, and while you're at it, please tell us what to do about the guns that are stolen yearly. You could do yourself a little education and find out how many are stolen yearly, but as you have shown that you do not care about an educated response, you care more about what your leftist friends are saying...
Ideally I would like to see us get to a point where it is easy to track a gun to see where it goes from legal to illegal to better track those that are selling guns illegally. But as we both know, there will never be a bill that is proposed that will accomplish that.

Does that answer the whiny rightie's question?

Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.
—Gospel of Luke 22:36-38, NIV

Old 06-30-2013, 06:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
I am simply astonished there is no reasonable answer as to why DHLS 'NEEDS' 1.4 billion rounds.

Is the DHLS security going to a war?

naw they are going sheep herding

Old 06-30-2013, 07:43 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
What are you specifically sacrificing?
freedom, liberty, the right to exercise me rights with a convoluted system that does nothing for public system be limits my freedom and the ability for me to exercise that freedom, and my ability to defend my self for criminal elements and a tyrannical government.

We have sacrificed alot of the last 80 years with the National Firearms Act of 1934, The Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Hughes Amendment of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. you and people like you always say"just a few more laws" "reasonable restrictions"...is never a "few more" laws, its never a reasonable restriction...

we have put up with enough of people like you, you always care about safety over freedom, safety does not exist it is a state of thought or feeling not a state of being,freedom, liberty, god given unalienable rights do exist and they are tangible.

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams

Old 06-30-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
You said having to wait for background checks and limited magazine clips. I was wondering if there was anymore than that weak argument.
so its not ok to take away a right, but its ok to limit it little by little?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, no one can argue irrational emotion. Obviously you seem to think you are at war for your freedom.
we are, all the time.. the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

it is not irrational emotion, it is a basic observation of fact, logic, reason, human nature, and history.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
freedom, liberty, the right to exercise me rights with a convoluted system that does nothing for public system be limits my freedom and the ability for me to exercise that freedom, and my ability to defend my self for criminal elements and a tyrannical government.

We have sacrificed alot of the last 80 years with the National Firearms Act of 1934, The Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Hughes Amendment of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. you and people like you always say"just a few more laws" "reasonable restrictions"...is never a "few more" laws, its never a reasonable restriction...

we have put up with enough of people like you, you always care about safety over freedom, safety does not exist it is a state of thought or feeling not a state of being,freedom, liberty, god given unalienable rights do exist and they are tangible.

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams
I know, life was so much better when we use to have organized crime gun fights going on. Maybe you should do some research on why each of those Acts were passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies