Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,228,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I agree that the death penalty should be on the table and at the very least a minimum prison sentence of twenty years should be imposed on her.

The worst part about this story is that we know thousands more men have been falsely convicted of rape and remain in prison because they are unable to prove their innocence.
I hope you are not serious about the death penalty. No one was killed or murdered.

The woman should be punished in a way that serves as a reminder and deterrent to the next person who might do this. But that isn't death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,913,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I hope you are not serious about the death penalty. No one was killed or murdered.

The woman should be punished in a way that serves as a reminder and deterrent to the next person who might do this. But that isn't death.
She should be forced to live with her crime the rest of her life, the same way she ruined Brian Bank's life. It should be a felony conviction that will follow her everywhere. I think that's fair.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
She blew $1.5 million in 6 years ?
OMG

Old 06-18-2013, 04:00 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,586,483 times
He lost 10 years of his life because of that "woman". Just what sentence is the guy that kidnapped and held those 3 women for 10 years liable to be subject to? She should get the same. Call it kidnapping and false imprisonment-life w/o parole...or capital punishment, would be suitable.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,450,758 times
[quote=northnut;30079607]Why in the hell would liberals defend her? Why would I as a liberal defend her? Explain that.

I remember all the libs I know came out in favor of the dancer in the Duke Lacrosse case....These guys got NIFONGED and the libs were dancing in the street because rich white dudes were getting prosecuted....Gotta get them RICH WHITE DUDES at Duke LaCrosse....The lib News media were ecstatic with the prosecution...Just like they are ecstatic over Zimmerman (the white hispanic) being prosecuted...

Old 06-18-2013, 04:26 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,246,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Why in the hell would liberals defend her? Why would I as a liberal defend her? Explain that.

Put to death? Are you people serious? She didn't kill anyone for gods sake. Get a grip. What she should do is pay Banks compensation & maybe spend 5 years in jail for lying under oath, I don't know. I feel really bad for that guy. Unfortunately, there are some women out there who do this. Gives a bad name for all those women out there who actually are raped.
Why should the loser do less time than the guy? Life sounds more appropriate. She got to spend 10 years with a couple million bucks.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:36 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,816,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
she should also have to register as a sex offender, and get all of the joy that comes along with that. this is, of course, after serving her prison sentence.
Actually, this isn't so far out there. Men should be forewarned of her in future. And I think she should serve twice the time he spent in prison. He did 5 years, she should do 10.

I'm liberal, I don't defend her and I don't think any liberal would defend her.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,905,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Looks like you guys are good at identifying others like yourselves.
Sounds like the lit' Jersey boy got his panties in a bunch when confronted with the truth...
The lady is a welfare queen and is living off the system, read the news so you won't continue to embarrass yourself...

Old 06-18-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There is no way to give that man back what should have been some of the best years of his life. How anyone can experience what he has and not be bitter is beyond me.

Please note that Brian Banks, who had now been shown to be innocent, took a plea agreement for a crime he did not commit, that ought to make all of us a little sick and shows a hole in our justice system that few choose to acknowledge.
Yes, he accepted the plea on the advice of his attorney, who said he would surely be convicted because he is black... Very sad commentary for the system...

Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
this is another case of a conservative woman playing the "I got raped game." Typical lowlife republican!
She is hardly a conservative woman. Without any doubt she is an obama voter. If you had followed the story from the beginning you would know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies