Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM

374 posts, read 510,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
The smart move of the working class white man is to stop working.

African Americans (I won't say blacks bc it's not true, African immigrants have insane work ethic) generally speaking dislike hard work and got rewarded for that.

Whites should try this approach. Stopping getting up at 5:00 am and working your butt off all day for chicken scratch. Why bother?

Get on food stamps and become part of the problem. Why not? It's all over anyway, as a country.

Dog gong it,your sounding more like me by the minute, stop that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 PM

90 posts, read 73,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If your lame theory were true, then all colleges, corporations, or other institutions that utilize affirmative action would be majority "minority" staffed.

name one college, college staff, or corporation that has a majority of minorites running the show?

cry baby
I am not even white, let alone working class. Calm down. Are you calm yet?

Deep breathes.

OK. You ready?

Your less-than-stellar logistical skills are what lead you to this false dichotomy; that is, in order to affirm your belief that affirmative action is irrelevant, you elevate your standard of proof inaccurately. Clearly, the fact that whites run some institutions does not disprove the impact of affirmative action on the working class white man.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You mean those illegal Mexicans that came here started a business and hired fellow illegals? Or do you mean Mexican-Americans who started a business and hired illegals? Either way that's not a good thing.
Don't blame me. I vote against illegals every single time. Guess I'm a racist.

Regardless, they manage while across the bay in Oakland they shoot each other nightly.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 PM

90 posts, read 73,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Majority of affirmative action recipients are White women.

If that isn't good enough for you, there is always the KKK , Aryan Nation, or the Tea Party
That is a true statement.

However it does not prove or disprove anything. At all. Then you just sort of threw a random slur out like you made an objective point.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I think ALL working class people are screwed. We pay for the bottom AND the top.
100% Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, working class black and Hispanic people.

"As of 2010, white families, on average, earned about $2 for every $1 that black and Hispanic families earned, a ratio that has remained roughly constant for the last 30 years.

By the most recent data, the average white family had about $632,000 in wealth, versus $98,000 for black families and $110,000 for Hispanic families." The recession hit black and Hispanic families harder than whites.

So, there obviously is an advantage to being born white in this country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/bu...anted=all&_r=0
Let's add a few more relevant details:
White felons get the same number call backs for jobs than black males:
Study: Black man and white felon – same chances for hire – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

Have an "ethnic" name Good luck job hunting:
How an ethnic-sounding name may affect the job hunt - The Globe and Mail

Hidden job market? If you want access I hope you are white:
How Social Networks Drive Black Unemployment - NYTimes.com

Are you a black college grad? Too bad that isn't enough to stay employed:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/us/01race.html?_r=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
white men. I dare you to name another minority with no minority status. I dare you to name another instance where a minority was considered a majority, and punished because of it.

why do you think whites are making so much more when so many laws exists making sure that doesn't happen? could it be because they are doing different jobs? are you saying that whites don't deserve that wealth? maybe blacks and hispanics should start saving more money for the future, and their "wealth" would go up. also, aren't hispanics considered white by the census bureau?
Really? Most white wealth is tied into housing and retirement savings. There is also generational wealth from passing down a home or land through the family:

Why is it that black home buyers get crappier rates and less options for housing.
Racial wealth gap: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/bu...pagewanted=all
Algernon Austin: How Good Jobs Policies Can Reduce the Black-White Wealth Divide

Mortgage disparity: Mortgages and racial disparities « Bankrate, Inc.
Disparity in number of listings shown: Racism alive and well in housing - CBS News

Maybe I should remind you about redlining? Redlining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh and those stats on income disparity? They have been normalized for education and job level. There is still an issue.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:54 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
100% Agreed

Let's add a few more relevant details:

Hidden job market? If you want access I hope you are white:
How Social Networks Drive Black Unemployment - NYTimes.com

Why is it that black home buyers get crappier rates and less options for housing.
Racial wealth gap: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/bu...pagewanted=all
Algernon Austin: How Good Jobs Policies Can Reduce the Black-White Wealth Divide
The article on job access if very good. Unemployment for blacks is double that for whites, at 13 %.
The article points out that 70 % of jobs are found by networking. The higher placed the people in your network, the more successful your job hunt is likely to be. Blacks may not have as large a network of friends or acquaintances in powerful positions who can get them an interview for a job that hasn't even be advertised yet.

The housing discrimination issue is pervasive. A recent study found that blacks and other minorities are shown fewer housing options than whites. If you're not shown the houses or rentals that are in a good school district, your kids are not getting the opportunities for a better education so that they can move up in the world.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
That is a true statement.

However it does not prove or disprove anything. At all.
Then you just sort of threw a random slur out like you made an objective point.
So an accurate rebuttal doesn't prove anything?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
The smart move of the working class white man is to stop working.

African Americans (I won't say blacks bc it's not true, African immigrants have insane work ethic) generally speaking dislike hard work and got rewarded for that.

Whites should try this approach. Stopping getting up at 5:00 am and working your butt off all day for chicken scratch. Why bother?

Get on food stamps and become part of the problem. Why not? It's all over anyway, as a country.
...and the thread was going so well up to this point.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
No political ties to men in power (the famous "white privilege" only exists for rich folks)

No advantages in colleges, corporations, or other institutions that utilize affirmative action

No minority scholarships

Is there any advantage at all to being born white and unconnected in the United States in your opinion?
It's exactly the same for any unconnected working class stiif. Skin color seems to matter only to those who aren't white. The thing that's so disturbing is the rediculous war being waged against them.

I think if you're white, married, a father, and even slightly religious, or worse "conservative"... then you are totally screwed. That's how far we've progressed.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM

122 posts, read 108,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's exactly the same for any unconnected working class stiif. Skin color seems to matter only to those who aren't white. The thing that's so disturbing is the rediculous war being waged against them.

I think if you're white, married, a father, and even slightly religious, or worse "conservative"... then you are totally screwed. That's how far we've progressed.
White-Check
Married-Check
Father-Chek
Religious-Nope
Conservative-Not really more Anarchistic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies