Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's exactly the same for any unconnected working class stiif. Skin color seems to matter only to those who aren't white. The thing that's so disturbing is the rediculous war being waged against them.

I think if you're white, married, a father, and even slightly religious, or worse "conservative"... then you are totally screwed. That's how far we've progressed.

What is the war on white people? Did I miss it last time I got followed around the store needlessly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,672 times
Quote:
It's exactly the same for any unconnected working class stiif. Skin color seems to matter only to those who aren't white. The thing that's so disturbing is the rediculous war being waged against them.

I think if you're white, married, a father, and even slightly religious, or worse "conservative"... then you are totally screwed. That's how far we've progressed.
Don't blame your failures on society or the government. There are plenty of rich white married conservatives.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:26 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What is the war on white people? Did I miss it last time I got followed around the store needlessly?
may I check inside your bag?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
That is a true statement.

However it does not prove or disprove anything. At all. Then you just sort of threw a random slur out like you made an objective point.
Lumping in the Tea Party with the KKK and Aryan Nation is a true statement? Really?

TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already, and has nothing to do with skin color. That's a progressive fairytale perpetuated to counter the rising dissatisfaction with the nanny state.

Black tea party members dispute racist claims - politics - More politics | NBC News

Black tea party members are discounted, harassed, and labeled Uncle Toms, by those who are calling the tea party racists. Go Figure, Racists crying racism.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 PM

I said: I think if you're white, married, a father, and even slightly religious, or worse "conservative"... then you are totally screwed. That's how far we've progressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Don't blame your failures on society or the government. There are plenty of rich white married conservatives.
Thank you for showing a great example of why I'm correct in my assertions. According to you, being white, married, a father, religious, conservative, are failures.

No wonder this country is screwed.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
If there's one group of people in America that have it rough, it is definitely white people.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Oh please... If people want women to pay for their BC they are at war with women. If people want secure borders they are at war with immigrants.

There is a war on the middle class.

There is a war on religion.

There is a war on conservative thinking (see IRS)

There is a war on white heterosexual males. (They're all homophobes after all)

Objecting to anything, NOT on the progressive menu, means they are at war with it. I'm a white-black Hispanic mutt, and even I can see these things to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If there's one group of people in America that have it rough, it is definitely white people.
If poverty is a benchmark, then yes they do have it rough. White poor outnumber all other races combined 3-1.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I said: I think if you're white, married, a father, and even slightly religious, or worse "conservative"... then you are totally screwed. That's how far we've progressed.

Thank you for showing a great example of why I'm correct in my assertions. According to you, being white, married, a father, religious, conservative, are failures.

No wonder this country is screwed.
I take it back, I blame our educational system.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:
Oh please... If people want women to pay for their BC they are at war with women. If people want secure borders they are at war with immigrants.

Objecting to anything, NOT on the progressive menu, means they are at war with it. I'm a white-black Hispanic mutt, and even I can see these things to be true.

If poverty is a benchmark, then yes they do have it rough. White poor outnumber all other races combined 3-1.
Of course there are more white people in poverty than other groups, that's because there are a lot more white people. What are the percentages?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:

That's because Whites outnumber all other races 3-1

God save our educational system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies