Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Meaning if you're feeling oppressed in any way by "whitey" you're free to pack it up and leave as well.
Nobody can oppress me. Besides, where would I go back to? Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 01:28 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nobody can oppress me. Besides, where would I go back to? Chicago?

Good to know that you're not oppressed. You and the other poster inclined that white people should go back to Europe, if they don't like it. So like you, and having being born here, why should I leave?

Old 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Oh well...if white working class America doesn't like it...they can always return to Europe from whence they migrated from.
Yes, get on the boat, and go back to where your ancestors came from !

Old 06-20-2013, 01:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"is anyone more screwed than working class white people?"

Well the answer is of course no. No matter what matrix one chooses to use, the statistics are the same. For the overal work force, whites workers have been the least disadvantaged.
Yes, but that's reality. The OP and some of the others on this thread are operating in a fantasy universe, where white people are a minority (despite being 75 % of the population.)

Old 06-20-2013, 01:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Good to know that you're not oppressed. You and the other poster inclined that white people should go back to Europe, if they don't like it.
Maybe I should be more specific. On here I see posts from many whites who on one hand celebrate Europe, European culture, European warmaking prowess and Europeanness, and then turn around and complain about the way America is and about how whites are "screwed" in America. It's that sector I am suggesting should leave and go "back" to their beloved Europe.

Quote:
So like you, and having being born here, why should I leave?
Never said you should, though if you are one of those who don't like a multicultural country where whites are oh-so-slightly diminishing in power and influence (from absolute power to sharing a tiny bit of their hegemony), I figure you should try to find a place that is less oppressive.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Maybe I should be more specific. On here I see posts from many whites who on one hand celebrate Europe, European culture, European warmaking prowess and Europeanness, and then turn around and complain about the way America is and about how whites are "screwed" in America. It's that sector I am suggesting should leave and go "back" to their beloved Europe.

Never said you should, though if you are one of those who don't like a multicultural country where whites are oh-so-slightly diminishing in power and influence (from absolute power to sharing a tiny bit of their hegemony), I figure you should try to find a place that is less oppressive.

I think that you ought to know by now that I don't get hung up on dumb s*** like skin color. I also don't feel any guilt due to being white, for things that happened a long time ago, when I wasn't even born yet.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:35 PM

199 posts, read 161,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Unless you're black, right? Then its a given right. Because slavery keeps them down, even 200 yrs later.
not to mention Jim Crow and institutionalized racism post 1960's. Give it up, the poor downtrodden whites whine isn't going to fly....with me, of course.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM

199 posts, read 161,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton sux View Post
someone with a handle iding himself as dodguy (as in department of defense) is sucking at the federal tit, too.
lol

Old 06-20-2013, 02:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Oh well...if white working class America doesn't like it...they can always return to Europe from whence they migrated from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, get on the boat, and go back to where your ancestors came from !
Actually, no, we can't always "return to europe."

Immigration law in europe (Particularly the UK, where my ancestors came from) isn't all that welcoming to Americans.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:45 PM

304 posts, read 472,537 times
Yeah, I think there is an advantage but for the most part we haven't taken advantage of our heritage. Take a look at the Walmart crowd and other places; people don't seem to care how they look to the outside world. In the past the working class organized themselves into guilds, associations and unions. That took a lot of time and some risk and a lot of stress because it's hard to work with others for a common cause. Right now, it seems to me that the poor are playing with their cell phones and complaining among themselves which doesn't lead to any real progress at all.
And it's just not the government; the check into cash places, the advertising world and hollywood is selling us a bunch of crap and for the most part people are buying it, auto sales places, find ways to absorb the last dollar in the family budget. Ordinary working folks are spending $ 200 to $700 per month on cell phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies